ADVERTISEMENT

The only famous non holiday date

Yeah... the Confederate national flag is one most people don't recognize. The one people know, that was the battle flag of Lee's Army of Northern Virginia, the most famous of the Reb armies which was constantly butting heads with the Army of the Potomac. That's partially why I have SO little patience for the defence of that flag... its a battle flag. It was a flag flown by troops who believed they were foreign troops while they killed American boys from units that still exist today. It drives me a bit nuts.
Well, even in Kansas it shows up....and almost always on a 70's or 80's model pickup, no muffler, and with a complete idiot driving it. Its usually obnoxiously huge and everyone that sees it just shakes their head at the poor guy doing it for attention.

Reactions: treyforuk
All I know is itI am proud to be an American. We live in the greatest country in the world. Is it perfect? No. Was it built on solid morals and ethics? Not always. But yet here we are with more freedom to do what we want than any country in the world.

I don’t see nearly as many people rushing to get out of this oppressive country as I do rushing to get in.

I don’t like to lump thedude in with dat in this thread because I think dudes intentions were good he just doesn’t like the term patriot day. That’s fine. It’s a little dumb but it’s fine.

Dat on the other hand and 1986 for that matter hate America, IMO

I feel I can connect with people like thedude because I can feel his love for his country and for other people.

I do appreciate the kind words, and I agree with most of what you wrote about our nation.

I will say, I do think you are not accurate in your description of UL or Dat. Partially that is because of how much venom comes out in these discussions. Partially that is because sometimes people are looking to troll a bit. Partially it might be because of how people define various things. My guess is that, if you asked Dat or UL how they feel about our nation, without looking for a fight, you'd likely find roughly the same as you would from most people... appreciate the history, appreciate all we have accomplished, aware of the stains of our past, understand we are a great country with room to grow.

I do appreciate the kind words, and I agree with most of what you wrote about our nation.

I will say, I do think you are not accurate in your description of UL or Dat. Partially that is because of how much venom comes out in these discussions. Partially that is because sometimes people are looking to troll a bit. Partially it might be because of how people define various things. My guess is that, if you asked Dat or UL how they feel about our nation, without looking for a fight, you'd likely find roughly the same as you would from most people... appreciate the history, appreciate all we have accomplished, aware of the stains of our past, understand we are a great country with room to grow.
I can see that about UL....but Datt? Come on. He is focused on one thing and one thing only....and everyone knows what it is. He falsely accuses people, almost daily, of being a white supremacist or racist. You enjoy his viewpoints on most things b/c you guys share a passion for social issues. But he goes overboard on the regular.....b/c thats who he is.

All I know is itI am proud to be an American. We live in the greatest country in the world. Is it perfect? No. Was it built on solid morals and ethics? Not always. But yet here we are with more freedom to do what we want than any country in the world.

I don’t see nearly as many people rushing to get out of this oppressive country as I do rushing to get in.

I don’t like to lump thedude in with dat in this thread because I think dudes intentions were good he just doesn’t like the term patriot day. That’s fine. It’s a little dumb but it’s fine.

Dat on the other hand and 1986 for that matter hate America, IMO

I feel I can connect with people like thedude because I can feel his love for his country and for other people.
Wow. Up until you mentioned my name, I was really digging this post.

I can see that about UL....but Datt? Come on. He is focused on one thing and one thing only....and everyone knows what it is. He falsely accuses people, almost daily, of being a white supremacist or racist. You enjoy his viewpoints on most things b/c you guys share a passion for social issues. But he goes overboard on the regular.....b/c thats who he is.

He’s a sad, sad, little man.

Reactions: SNU0821
lol
You still don't know the difference between "white supremacist culture" and "white supremacists."
I'll stop calling you out daily for being an ignorant pawn and apologetic shill for white supremacist culture when you stop being an ignorant pawn and apologetic shill for white supremacist culture.

He said from the beginning it was personal. toonces wouldn't let him have that.
Conservatives greatly outnumber liberals here. It means nothing to claim some verdict on the basis of popular opinion here. You can't even criticize our President's personal behavior in real time w/o all the conservatives laughing over "liberal tears" and "triggered" and "Hillary." After the fact, they're more than happy to distance themselves from indefensible behavior, but in real time, they're too partisan to measure ANY sense of reason by.

After all this time you’ve wasted trying to convince people to change their political views?? Maybe you should reconsider your strategy on that.

After all this time you’ve wasted trying to convince people to change their political views?? Maybe you should reconsider your strategy on that.
I've tried different strategies. Educating y'all hasn't worked. Appealing to any sense of empathy and compassion hasn't worked. Appeals to Christian decency and morality haven't worked. You're ignoring all that like "protests" that are quiet and convenient.

At this point, I am out of MLs to give w/ y'all. Wasting time on y'all now is just practice for what comes after that.

I've tried different strategies. Educating y'all hasn't worked. Appealing to any sense of empathy and compassion hasn't worked. Appeals to Christian decency and morality haven't worked. You're ignoring all that like "protests" that are quiet and convenient.

At this point, I am out of MLs to give w/ y'all. Wasting time on y'all now is just practice for what comes after that.

Maybe it’s you a you thing

Reactions: IUfanBorden
lol
You still don't know the difference between "white supremacist culture" and "white supremacists."
I'll stop calling you out daily for being an ignorant pawn and apologetic shill for white supremacist culture when you stop being an ignorant pawn and apologetic shill for white supremacist culture.
I fully understand but I don't think you do. You are a slave to skin color, a slave to division, and a slave to your one sided politics. Its AN issue, its not thee issue. You push your agenda in every way possible. Your method forces people to dismiss you and hurts the overall cause of people that go about it the right way. Your way reaches those that all ready think exactly as you do and alienates everyone else.....so by definition it is ineffective. Wheels are spinning but you don't gain any ground in the right direction. Thats a sure sign that your method of delivery is terry town.

Datt is an egotistical dick, not sure why you want to act like he is the victim of the venom you speak of. You really have to start paying attention to his agenda. He doesn't love this country. Which is fine. Won't stop you or I from loving the country even with its obvious and not so obvious flaws.

Tried educating us, huh? Maybe we just disagree with you. Has nothing to do with “being educated” on anything. You can “educate” away but you’re still not going to change my views. In fact, you reinforce them more than you get me to consider changing. So I think it is actually working against you. Lol.

Datt is an egotistical dick, not sure why you want to act like he is the victim of the venom you speak of. You really have to start paying attention to his agenda. He doesn't love this country. Which is fine. Won't stop you or I from loving the country even with its obvious and not so obvious flaws.

Eh, again, I think you are making an assumption that isn't true. But we can agree to disagree.

Reactions: UL_1986
Wow. Up until you mentioned my name, I was really digging this post.
I just can’t feel the love through you man. Even the people on this board that are on trumps nuts have love for our country. Some call it patriotism and you call it nationalism.

In a perfect world there would be no borders, no violence, and everyone would love everyone and treat them the way that they would want to be treated in return. Unfortunately for all of us that isn’t the world, even in 2018. There are people that wake up and hate everyone in this country because of the freedoms that we grant ALL CITIZENS of our country.

This is the main reason people want a strong border. That doesn’t make someone a nationalist. It makes them someone who wants to continue to live a safe life in this relatively safe country.

giphy.gif

I missed this... new account? Does this mean we have to restart the group message?

Doesn’t anyone think we could all discuss this a lot more adult like if we knew each and everyone of us loved this country? I mean shit I think we planted bombs in the trade centers but I can still appreciate we are greater than all other countries just based on how most people live their lives. If someone really wants to make it out of poverty here they can do it. Yes some people get an easier path but that’s karma maybe the previous life they were a homeless begging for lunch money

Tried educating us, huh? Maybe we just disagree with you. Has nothing to do with “being educated” on anything. You can “educate” away but you’re still not going to change my views. In fact, you reinforce them more than you get me to consider changing. So I think it is actually working against you. Lol.
Educating is about knowledge, not opinions, and I'm not waiting until you're ready to hear it, b/c that day is never getting here without a push.

I fully understand but I don't think you do. You are a slave to skin color, a slave to division, and a slave to your one sided politics. Its AN issue, its not thee issue. You push your agenda in every way possible. Your method forces people to dismiss you and hurts the overall cause of people that go about it the right way. Your way reaches those that all ready think exactly as you do and alienates everyone else.....so by definition it is ineffective. Wheels are spinning but you don't gain any ground in the right direction. Thats a sure sign that your method of delivery is terry town.
It's really obvious you can't distinguish between being a white supremacist and being a pawn for a culture of white supremacy. It's just like you can't distinguish between "privilege" and "pampered," individual racism and systemic racism, racism and racial prejudice, non-racist and anti-racism, good and evil, etc.

No method works with you, by your own choice. As it stands now, you're just my practice for when it comes to that.

It's really obvious you can't distinguish between being a white supremacist and being a pawn for a culture of white supremacy. It's just like you can't distinguish between "privilege" and "pampered," individual racism and systemic racism, racism and racial prejudice, non-racist and anti-racism, good and evil, etc.

No method works with you, by your own choice. As it stands now, you're just my practice for when it comes to that.
Keep at it chief. I’ll keep shutting you down until you get it right. And IF you ever do, I’ll be the first in line to give you an atta boy or whatever terminology that isn’t offensive at that point. Might just be a head nod by then.

Keep at it chief. I’ll keep shutting you down until you get it right. And IF you ever do, I’ll be the first in line to give you an atta boy or whatever terminology that isn’t offensive at that point. Might just be a head nod by then.
You're only shutting yourself down, Anakin.

Educating is about knowledge, not opinions, and I'm not waiting until you're ready to hear it, b/c that day is never getting here without a push.
Nah, I understand exactly what you’re saying. I just think you’re wrong, constantly, and don’t agree with basically any position you push. So again, the more you harp on fabricated, non existent issues, the more it just confirms my beliefs.

Doesn’t anyone think we could all discuss this a lot more adult like if we knew each and everyone of us loved this country? I mean shit I think we planted bombs in the trade centers but I can still appreciate we are greater than all other countries just based on how most people live their lives. If someone really wants to make it out of poverty here they can do it. Yes some people get an easier path but that’s karma maybe the previous life they were a homeless begging for lunch money

That's a nice sentiment and we could if we acted and made decisions as individuals. But most align with a group and go along with what the group thinks. People trust what they hear from a group without vetting it. That's a bigger wall than Trump wants to build..

Nah, I understand exactly what you’re saying. I just think you’re wrong, constantly, and don’t agree with basically any position you push. So again, the more you harp on fabricated, non existent issues, the more it just confirms my beliefs.
The issues are real. I won't stop pushing. History is on my side. You'll get it or you'll get broken in half.

The issues are real. I won't stop pushing. History is on my side. You'll get it or you'll get broken in half.
Lol. I’ll get broken in half? By you and what army? My beliefs won’t change and you certainly won’t do/say anything to make me think otherwise.

And the issues are real, but you’re over exaggerating them by a factor of 1,000,000. You’ve exaggerated them so far that it’s just easier to say they’re essentially not real.

I'm exaggerating... by a million. Sure.
Change is an irresistible force. If you pretend you're an immovable object, you'll be run over, snapped in half, crushed, whatever.

I'm exaggerating... by a million. Sure.
Change is an irresistible force. If you pretend you're an immovable object, you'll be run over, snapped in half, crushed, whatever.
Maybe focus on guys that are actually racist instead of guys that just can’t stand your style and race baiting ways. We laugh bc we are comfortable in our own skin and allow everyone else to be comfortable in theirs. Thinking normal educated guys are going to bend to your extremism under the guise of fighting the good fight won’t work. You’re abrasive and ineffective. You hinder the cause by being so far overboard that it turns people off. You’re drowning in your own cause and damaging the very thing you say your fighting for. If that’s not obvious to you....you might want to watch from the bench a little bit and see how the rest of us manage to pull it off effortlessly.

Maybe focus on guys that are actually racist instead of guys that just can’t stand your style and race baiting ways. We laugh bc we are comfortable in our own skin and allow everyone else to be comfortable in theirs. Thinking normal educated guys are going to bend to your extremism under the guise of fighting the good fight won’t work. You’re abrasive and ineffective. You hinder the cause by being so far overboard that it turns people off. You’re drowning in your own cause and damaging the very thing you say your fighting for. If that’s not obvious to you....you might want to watch from the bench a little bit and see how the rest of us manage to pull it off effortlessly.
I'm abrasive b/c you've earned it. You still don't understand racism. Any cause where you'll stonewall it to spite the messenger isn't important to you in the first place.

I just love that he can’t grasp how he doesn’t help anything and actually hurts his own cause.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
I think he watches from the bench anyway. His mouth does the talk, but the walk isn't there.

I think he watches from the bench anyway. His mouth does the talk, but the walk isn't there.
It’s a problem. A major problem......in today’s society. You get guys searching for purpose and then they become hardliners on really specific issues. It’s a search for purpose...and ends up being a weird obsession that takes a life of its own. It’s not hard to identify. Why any ONE thing would dominate anyone’s thoughts...sans taking care of ones family....is a sickness. There is obvious good to be done, but then it gets overshadowed by extremism. This extremism clouds the goal of the original cause and takes complete control. It turns off willing participants and supporters based on the offensive and absurd nature of the self elected poor leadership. It’s a broken wheel that squeaks incessantly until somebody puts their boot on it and forces it to straighten up. Datt is blinded by color and the tell tale sign is he can’t accept the fact people get along...he has to bang the only drum he has in his tool belt. It’s familiar to him and comforting....but comes off as music that has passed everyone by but him. He will read this and stew, but it will hit home bc it’s true. Nobody is against the cause, they are against his extreme views and methods of flooding the market with unadulterated propaganda.

It’s a problem. A major problem......in today’s society. You get guys searching for purpose and then they become hardliners on really specific issues. It’s a search for purpose...and ends up being a weird obsession that takes a life of its own. It’s not hard to identify. Why any ONE thing would dominate anyone’s thoughts...sans taking care of ones family....is a sickness. There is obvious good to be done, but then it gets overshadowed by extremism. This extremism clouds the goal of the original cause and takes complete control. It turns off willing participants and supporters based on the offensive and absurd nature of the self elected poor leadership. It’s a broken wheel that squeaks incessantly until somebody puts their boot on it and forces it to straighten up. Datt is blinded by color and the tell tale sign is he can’t accept the fact people get along...he has to bang the only drum he has in his tool belt. It’s familiar to him and comforting....but comes off as music that has passed everyone by but him. He will read this and stew, but it will hit home bc it’s true. Nobody is against the cause, they are against his extreme views and methods of flooding the market with unadulterated propaganda.

Brutally true

ADVERTISEMENT