ADVERTISEMENT

The only famous non holiday date

Smart move.
giphy.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Actually some people's contributions are more important than others. For instance, the first responders contributed way more than your dumbass dad who went on 10k deployments that accomplished next to nothing. Tell him way to go.

Edit: damn getting owned for this so hard
Chances this is Datt or TheDude?

Yikes. So you bitching about liberals and all of that, about how your mind is blown, some ridiculous talking-down about the definition of patriot, how I have to agree with your take on patriot and on 9/11... and now inventing something where *I* expected *you* to agree with me even though A) I said, six different times, I was just talking about ME, and it wouldn't even OCCUR to me to say anyone has to agree with my personal take, and B) you were basically getting pissy that I didn't agree with YOU... that's what happened?

Okay, you really don't get it, then. Okay. We can be done. I mean, I tried to be done four pages ago when I let you have the last word and instead just posted about my own experiences that day, which some normal folks appreciated reading... and then you started drinking and came back again. And again. And again.

And I wouldn't be too sure about your take on what happened, and how people took it. I get it, the stalker buddies jumped in because... you know... and Lurker, because he's him... but you really think that's how a lot of the more rational posters here have taken this whole thing? That they would read this and say "Oh, that guy who over and over and over went after that guy who just gave his opinion... he was totally in the right!" That they didn't get that someone who feels really passionately about it finally gave back after putting up with shot after shot? Man, if only you read private messages...
Dude, I can be a sarcastic asshole. But I am a very rational person...I think. You were wrong when you made it personal. It's ok to say that. We all have opinions and we can't change others. You take things too personal. It would be hard to find agreement on here. Dat....86...maybe.

Then I told you why I thought it was appropriate. Then I let you know that every reason you gave for not liking the term patriot was misinformed. You even went so far as to say it demeaned 9/11. It was non-sense on your part. You can have your opinion on calling it 9/11 instead of patriot day--there isn't anything wrong with that. ...

And yes---im a giant effing d bag for helping you understand what the meaning of patriot is. How dare I, right?
You're a "giant effing d bag" for lying about the bold. You dictate your personal preference as absolute fact.

Dude, I can be a sarcastic asshole. But I am a very rational person...I think. You were wrong when you made it personal. It's ok to say that. We all have opinions and we can't change others. You take things too personal. It would be hard to find agreement on here. Dat....86...maybe.
He said from the beginning it was personal. toonces wouldn't let him have that.
Conservatives greatly outnumber liberals here. It means nothing to claim some verdict on the basis of popular opinion here. You can't even criticize our President's personal behavior in real time w/o all the conservatives laughing over "liberal tears" and "triggered" and "Hillary." After the fact, they're more than happy to distance themselves from indefensible behavior, but in real time, they're too partisan to measure ANY sense of reason by.

Reactions: UL_1986
Don't really think this merits a new thread, but I turned on ESPN last night and within one minute I saw my brother on the screen. It was an E:60 Special about sports after 9/11 (my brother played for Navy). I paused the TV so I could show my wife a still image of him. Her response, "Why is he crying?" Women be silly.

41818753_10215597769490206_4753571414101983232_n.jpg

Don't really think this merits a new thread, but I turned on ESPN last night and within one minute I saw my brother on the screen. It was an E:60 Special about sports after 9/11 (my brother played for Navy). I paused the TV so I could show my wife a still image of him. Her response, "Why is he crying?" Women be silly.

41818753_10215597769490206_4753571414101983232_n.jpg
That's pretty badass.

You're a "giant effing d bag" for lying about the bold. You dictate your personal preference as absolute fact.
There wasn't a single lie involved. He didn't understand what it meant and wrongly associated it with random things like fireworks. Then gave a list of the poorest reasons anyone could come up with---and I let him know. It was the whole point of the thread----or did ya miss that?

Reactions: SNU0821
There wasn't a single lie involved. He didn't understand what it meant and wrongly associated it with random things like fireworks. Then gave a list of the poorest reasons anyone could come up with---and I let him know. It was the whole point of the thread----or did ya miss that?
You missed the point. By choice.

Nope. Hit it right on the head, so much so that it was embarrassing. Its a great name and a solid way to honor everyone involved. The thread speaks for itself and its easy to see.
RollLaugh
@ your tone deafness.

Nope. Hit it right on the head, so much so that it was embarrassing. Its a great name and a solid way to honor everyone involved. The thread speaks for itself and its easy to see.
Can't believe it's so hard for Datt and TheDude to understand your whole point. It was pretty simple and to the point. But then again, I guess they don't like bringing the country together. Doesn't fit their narrative and identity politics game.

Can't believe it's so hard for Datt and TheDude to understand your whole point. It was pretty simple and to the point. But then again, I guess they don't like bringing the country together. Doesn't fit their narrative and identity politics game.
A thread started by @TheDude1 about his personal experience in Manhattan on THE 9/11... is about some point you think drunk toonces has and that's the appropriate narrative?

That's what white supremacist culture is: assuming authority and being the standard in every context, colonizing everything in your path b/c that's what's best for it.

I imagine its because they think patriotic words and symbols are hallmarks of the america they don't agree with. Its a political issue. They think the flag, anthem, and terms like proud american and patriot are conservative words....and thats why they don't like them.

Neither have rational points so one calls me a drunk for saying I had a few drinks and the other calls me a liar. Pretty much a standard lapdog elephant walk.

Reactions: SNU0821
A thread started by @TheDude1 about his personal experience in Manhattan on THE 9/11... is about some point you think drunk toonces has and that's the appropriate narrative?

That's what white supremacist culture is: assuming authority and being the standard in every context, colonizing everything in your path b/c that's what's best for it.
This is why you don't even have a leg to stand on---tell me again why the thread was started and whats its about? And stop bringing race into every topic, you're race obssession is beyond played out.

This is why you don't even have a leg to stand on---tell me again why the thread was started and whats its about? And stop bringing race into every topic, you're race obssession is beyond played out.
Stop bringing white supremacy into every thread. Your indoctrination is soooooo 15th-20th centuries.

I imagine its because they think patriotic words and symbols are hallmarks of the america they don't agree with. Its a political issue. They think the flag, anthem, and terms like proud american and patriot are conservative words....and thats why they don't like them.
And in response? You make us even more secure in those beliefs by trying to force your own rigid definition on us. RollLaugh

Neither have rational points so one calls me a drunk for saying I had a few drinks and the other calls me a liar. Pretty much a standard lapdog elephant walk.
Not true! I'm calling you both a drunk and a liar!

Reactions: TheDude1
And in response? You make us even more secure in those beliefs by trying to force your own rigid definition on us. RollLaugh

Not true! I'm calling you both a drunk and a liar!
My rigid definition...or the actual definition of the word?

Jesus. Flag, anthem, patriot... those are CONSERVATIVE words? What in the good ****...? How on earth are those conservative? It's gotta be some sort of strange reverse projection or something. And talk about making it political...

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
Stop bringing white supremacy into every thread. Your indoctrination is soooooo 15th-20th centuries.
Has your level of white guilt gone down over time? It’s obvious you suffer greatly because of it. Lol. It’s funny.

Jesus. Flag, anthem, patriot... those are CONSERVATIVE words? What in the good ****...? How on earth are those conservative? It's gotta be some sort of strange reverse projection or something. And talk about making it political... I guess it isn't your fault you are dumb: genetically, it's your parents fault. But shit, it's still really, really painful to see.
Nah, what’s painful is you liberals get all bent out of shape over the word patriot. I love America. I love what it stands for. Sorry not sorry you got your panties all bunched up and made an even bigger fool of yourself than even I thought possible.

Jesus. Flag, anthem, patriot... those are CONSERVATIVE words? What in the good ****...? How on earth are those conservative? It's gotta be some sort of strange reverse projection or something. And talk about making it political... I guess it isn't your fault you are dumb: genetically, it's your parents fault. But shit, it's still really, really painful to see.
If you don't then ill take your word for it.

Appreciate it. And I'll edit out the shot at the end; wasn't needed.

I do think it is amazing that flag could ever be seen as a conservative word... but its almost completely conservatives who proudly wave the battle flag of a traitor nation that murdered hundreds and thousands of American soldiers.

Appreciate it. And I'll edit out the shot at the end; wasn't needed.

I do think it is amazing that flag could ever be seen as a conservative word... but its almost completely conservatives who proudly wave the battle flag of a traitor nation that murdered hundreds and thousands of American soldiers.
What flag is that?

All I know is itI am proud to be an American. We live in the greatest country in the world. Is it perfect? No. Was it built on solid morals and ethics? Not always. But yet here we are with more freedom to do what we want than any country in the world.

I don’t see nearly as many people rushing to get out of this oppressive country as I do rushing to get in.

I don’t like to lump thedude in with dat in this thread because I think dudes intentions were good he just doesn’t like the term patriot day. That’s fine. It’s a little dumb but it’s fine.

Dat on the other hand and 1986 for that matter hate America, IMO

I feel I can connect with people like thedude because I can feel his love for his country and for other people.

Had to look it up...i always thought that was called the confederate flag or dukes of hazard flag. Ive always associated it with the deep south and rednecks.

Yeah... the Confederate national flag is one most people don't recognize. The one people know, that was the battle flag of Lee's Army of Northern Virginia, the most famous of the Reb armies which was constantly butting heads with the Army of the Potomac. That's partially why I have SO little patience for the defence of that flag... its a battle flag. It was a flag flown by troops who believed they were foreign troops while they killed American boys from units that still exist today. It drives me a bit nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT