ADVERTISEMENT

The “Mostly Things KU But Mostly Due To Hefty UK Support” Thread

...the timeframing never ends with you. So convenient.

Your program remains on the short end of the stick (11-24, 4-8). You look pretty silly as you constantly try to spin away from that. Your lifetime is not a limit for the discussion of college hoops. Deal with that.

I highly doubt that a large percentage of basketball fans would disagree with anything I've said. Even your own fanbase wouldn't, if being candid. Which is why many of you were scarce during the 9-16 year and borderline suicidal. If all that mattered to you were all-time stats, you'd have been here beating your chest all season like usual. You definitely wouldn't have been sweating a timeframe of one year.

Remember when you threw a temper tantrum because devilz created a modern era ranking? Good stuff. 😂

I highly doubt that a large percentage of basketball fans would disagree with anything I've said. Even your own fanbase wouldn't, if being candid. Which is why many of you were scarce during the 9-16 year and borderline suicidal. If all that mattered to you were all-time stats, you'd have been here beating your chest all season like usual. You definitely wouldn't have been sweating a timeframe of one year.

Remember when you threw a temper tantrum because devilz created a modern era ranking? Good stuff.

I can see how you would just love a limited ranking. Again... convenient.

You speaking for a 'large percentage of basketball fans' is comical. There is no legion of minions like you walking around spouting off timeframed arguments because it's simply what losers do. If you can't tell the whole story, then it simply isn't worth telling. KU actually has a good history, but you continue spewing that the only part of it that matters is when you were spawned. Dude.... you're not that important.

Also, really not sure what you would expect from fans that are completely unaccustomed to losing seasons for the 9-16 season. There were probably a ton of fans that had checked out early on that one.

I can see how you would just love a limited ranking. Again... convenient.

You speaking for a 'large percentage of basketball fans' is comical. There is no legion of minions like you walking around spouting off timeframed arguments because it's simply what losers do. If you can't tell the whole story, then it simply isn't worth telling. KU actually has a good history, but you continue spewing that the only part of it that matters is when you were spawned. Dude.... you're not that important.

Also, really not sure what you would expect from fans that are completely unaccustomed to losing seasons for the 9-16 season. There were probably a ton of fans that had checked out early on that one.

Actually, I discuss the modern era, which happens to coincide with my lifetime. Why does the term "modern era" exist if I'm the only one who believes it's relevant? Do you think I created the term? 😆

And what would I expect? Like I said, if all that matters to you is your awesome all-time stats, there'd be no more reason to care about a losing season that occurs now than one that happened 100 years ago. Certainly no reason to go into hiding.

But many of you sure cared. To the point of wanting to pay 50+ million to run off a coach who had taken you to several final fours and won a title, with a top two recruiting class every year. Imagine that same fanbase arguing that current/recent success isn't the most important. 😆

Having the winning tradition/history is what makes current/recent success important. They go hand in hand.

I wasn't one of the fans you keep harping about wanting to run off Cal. Whatever keeps making you paint things with a broad brush is just you buying in to the rantings that you find on RR.

Having the winning tradition/history is what makes current/recent success important. They go hand in hand.

I wasn't one of the fans you keep harping about wanting to run off Cal. Whatever keeps making you paint things with a broad brush is just you buying in to the rantings that you find on RR.

You laughed at the idea that many fans would agree that the modern era timeframe is relevant, right? So why does the term "modern era" exist?

When I search Google, why do I find numerous modern era rankings created by top sports publications?

....Because it allows for fans of certain sports teams who either:

1. Don't have a proud history/tradition

or

2. The history their teams do have just isn't that good

.....to blather on and on about how good they think their teams are or how their teams deserve a spot on the same pedestal with the "big boys".

"modern era" = convenient time frame

or

.....to blather on and on about how good they think their teams are or how their teams deserve a spot on the same pedestal with the "big boys".

So that's why numerous publications and analysts have created modern era rankings? 😂

Like I said earlier, I'll discuss all-time or modern era. Like most fans. I'll even talk about other timeframes, like the Uconn-friendly timeframe that was brought up recently.

You'll only discuss all-time numbers. What are you threatened by? Imagine the level of entitlement required to think you can impose your priorities onto other people Nazi-style, in a thread about their team. 😆 If you want an echo chamber, you know where to find the Kentucky thread. Or maybe Rafters is more your style.

All it boils down to is that I wouldn't trade KU or the Chiefs for any other teams in the nation. I'm content, as are many other sports fans in this area. I realize that triggers you, chief. Sorry.

Does your no timeframing rule apply to infractions too? Gotta claim all of it…not just the last 30 years.

Dirty program?
KU has the most Lvl 1 major infractions of all the teams in college basketball.

Little to show for it.

Other Blue Bloods cheated less and have more to show.
*That's all time, but I'm guessing most happened since you've been alive.

• Haha
Reactions: JC for 3

Little to show for it.

So is that a yes?

Does your no timeframing rule apply to infractions too? Gotta claim all of it…not just the last 30 years.

Dirty program?
Never denied there have been NCAA issues in our program's history. Why are you crowing about this from your glass house?

or

That "convenient time frame" is a pretty damn good sample size---Like a 40 year helping. Which BTW is almost half of the NCAAT's life span(84 years). Its not like we are taliking about 10 or 20 years----but 40. Thats a pretty good stretch to be good, IMO.

Lot of schools have proud history/tradition, that don't have NCAA titles. Temple comes to mind. As does Purdue, Notre Dame and St.John's. MOF, Temple(6th), ND(8th( and SJU(9th) are ALL IN THE Top 10 for most wins all-time; ahead of Indiana.

Then there is Cincy.....12th all-time in wins....Two national titles...One runner-up. MOF, played in three consecutive title games. Six FF's... Reached 4 straight Elite 8's...30 something plus NCAAT's.

You don't need to have UNC, UK, UCLA, etc....credentials to have a proud history/tradition.

Little to show for it.

To be fair, Level 1 infractions was not a thing back when some schools were committing Level 1 infractions.

When talking about overall history, UK isn't one to throw stones.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
To be fair, Level 1 infractions was not a thing back when some schools were committing Level 1 infractions.

When talking about overall history, UK isn't one to throw stones.
According to everyone, everyone cheats, some more than others.

Stats are just that.

I think most here accept cheating. Everyone is guilty. UCLA, tainted, IU tainted, KU/UK tainted, UNC Duke tainted.
Go down a class or two, UL tainted.

Now what did we do with that taint?
Do we measure the amount of taint? Consider if in our lifetimes or before.
IU and KU are modern-day taints. Does that hold more value?
UCLA was king of taint but that was a long time ago.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
I think most here accept cheating. Everyone is guilty. UCLA, tainted, IU tainted, KU/UK tainted, UNC Duke tainted.
Go down a class or two, UL tainted.

Do most of you accept that? Or do most of you claim that Hagans was holding someone else's stacks of cash? 😆

Beat it or not, when's the last time your team has been investigated?
We've had a few. I think Anthony Davis might have been the last?
I remember the Davis redaction.

This could be a fun game for BBloods,

That would seem a bit more likely, but that's not the story I was given.

You should poll Rafters and see how many of them admit that Kentucky cheats.
Meh, go ahead if you're interested in what a homboard says.
Does KU have a homeboard?

actually, not interested.

Meh, go ahead if you're interested in what a homboard says.
Does KU have a homeboard?

actually, not interested.

Is that why you guys post twice as much in a KU thread as your own? 😆

If you're just referring to this board, well, you can poll them too. I don't think the result would be much different.

Now what did we do with that taint?
Do we measure the amount of taint? Consider if in our lifetimes or before.
IU and KU are modern-day taints. Does that hold more value?
UCLA was king of taint but that was a long time ago.
Ummmmm, you got part of that right. Indiana basketball has been on probation exactly ONCE, due to direct actions by someone in the program...

ONCE in like 110+ years.

But sure lets lump IU in with UK, UCLA and Kansas...

R.a6912dedfccdbb16c981704a43e7e12a

Ummmmm, you got part of that right. Indiana basketball has been on probation exactly ONCE, due to direct actions by someone in the program...

ONCE in like 110+ years.

But sure lets lump IU in with UK, UCLA and Kansas...

R.a6912dedfccdbb16c981704a43e7e12a
At least you admit it. More than I can say for others.

Well to be fair, I mean it was phone calls....Not exactly FBI worthy---but hey, probation I guess is probation.

BTW, currently with my pops in Knifely, Kentucky. He's in the end stage of kidney failure. Its my watch tonight----Meds at 2 and 4.
Wanna chat?

Wanna chat?
I'm at my dads, brothers house. Got to give pops his medication here soon. Maybe after that. Terrible phone service wherever the **** KNifely is; about hour south of Elizabethtown---just outside of Campbellsville.

Well to be fair, I mean it was phone calls....Not exactly FBI worthy---but hey, probation I guess is probation.

BTW, currently with my pops in Knifely, Kentucky. He's in the end stage of kidney failure. Its my watch tonight----Meds at 2 and 4.
Not many are FBI worthy. Crazy IU got hit worst than those that were.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT