ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech vs Michigan state

nettlegettle

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2006
colorado springs
Team
Texas Tech
been looking up some stats on this game and strengths and weaknesses. This is a really good matchup in a bunch of different ways.

transitions. Michigan states transition offense is incredible. I really love what they do with their big men in this offense. So simple, efficient and just really good to watch. Teams that have beaten TTU have done it through the transition mostly, if you give our defense time to get setup like Michigan consistently did we just strangle you. this is going to be a great part of the game to watch because you know chris beard and mark adams have a plan to slow this down.

Steals and turnovers. Michigan state gives it up a lot and TTU has doubled up peoples averages all season in this area. I expect this to continue, if it doesn't Michigan state for the boat race. pretty big edge for TTU in this area. Michigan state doesn't cause a lot of turnovers and TTU is very good against teams that don't get turnovers. big edge to TTU.

rebounding. I think this goes along with the transition offense and the overall post game Michigan state has. State has a pretty big edge on this.

the motion offense of TTU isn't a great matchup for state because of how they like to predict play. pretty similar matchup to our defense vs Michigan states offense. i think in this battle you have to give the edge to TTU on offense vs offense, turnovers and TTU has the best defense kenpom has ever recorded.

man i can definitely see why this is basically a pickem game. Just going to see who executes at a higher level. JMO, i think the rebounding, turnovers and 3pt percentage decide this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownSean
been looking up some stats on this game and strengths and weaknesses. This is a really good matchup in a bunch of different ways.

transitions. Michigan states transition offense is incredible. I really love what they do with their big men in this offense. So simple, efficient and just really good to watch. Teams that have beaten TTU have done it through the transition mostly, if you give our defense time to get setup like Michigan consistently did we just strangle you. this is going to be a great part of the game to watch because you know chris beard and mark adams have a plan to slow this down.

Steals and turnovers. Michigan state gives it up a lot and TTU has doubled up peoples averages all season in this area. I expect this to continue, if it doesn't Michigan state for the boat race. pretty big edge for TTU in this area. Michigan state doesn't cause a lot of turnovers and TTU is very good against teams that don't get turnovers. big edge to TTU.

rebounding. I think this goes along with the transition offense and the overall post game Michigan state has. State has a pretty big edge on this.

the motion offense of TTU isn't a great matchup for state because of how they like to predict play. pretty similar matchup to our defense vs Michigan states offense. i think in this battle you have to give the edge to TTU on offense vs offense, turnovers and TTU has the best defense kenpom has ever recorded.

man i can definitely see why this is basically a pickem game. Just going to see who executes at a higher level. JMO, i think the rebounding, turnovers and 3pt percentage decide this game.

If you can beat Purdue you can beat MSU. If you are better than last year you should have a great chance to win.

Just have to play tough D and get back in transisition and you should be fine. MSU feasts on sloppy SEC teams with great athletes, but can be beat with tough defense and disciplined offense, like what they get from Purdue or Wisconsin in the BIG

If you can beat Purdue you can beat MSU. If you are better than last year you should have a great chance to win.

Just have to play tough D and get back in transisition and you should be fine. MSU feasts on sloppy SEC teams with great athletes, but can be beat with tough defense and disciplined offense, like what they get from Purdue or Wisconsin in the BIG

Eh we beat Wiscy and Purdue this year.

Will be a nail biter regardless.

We beat them by 20 and then lost by ten on the road without Josh Langford. Gimme a break.

Im talking about Purdue from last year, TT beat them in the Tourney , albeit without Haas.

Beard is a great coach, 2-0 vs Painter. If you can beat Painter you can beat Izzo.

ADVERTISEMENT