Texas A&M at Kansas

schoonerwest

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2006
Midland, TX
Team
Kansas
Game of the day, right?

I’m not so sure this one will be a cakewalk for Kansas. Struggling at home and the SEC has looked good today so far. Just gotta keep Doke out of the game if it’s close at the end. Winking

A&M has lost 6 of it's last 8. They'll be motivated but not sure they it will be enough @ KU.

Seems like all of our games are a toss up. One thing we can count on. A close game.

A&M, quick question for ya....
are_you_ready_for_the___hurricane___gif_by_abunchofzombies-d4lz74l.gif

Reactions: RockChalkRally
A&M is allowing way too many open shot attempts from 3. I thought they had pretty solid defensive guards?

This has been fun so far. Let’s keep it raining.

I like what I saw from KU in the 1st half on both ends of the floor. Newman continues to put things together. Svi is no longer an exclusive spot up shooter.

Doke has got to cut out the stare downs and taunting on big dunks and blocks. He can't afford to get the personal foul that comes with technical.

Although I like the fire by Udoka, that was just stupid and an easy T for any official to call.

Doke has got to cut out the stare downs and taunting on big dunks and blocks. He can't afford to get the personal foul that comes with technical.

Yep and Self is furious at Dok too...as he should’ve been.

Vick is playing harder than he has in a while.
What is it with Kansas having problems getting their SF to be more aggressive? All we heard with Rush was that he wasn’t aggressive enough (not that it turned out badly). I feel like that was mentioned of Xavier Henry as well and I know it was an issue with Wiggins. Seems to be the only position at KU under Self where that has been a problem.

Note - I just kind of compared Vick to Rush, Xavier and Wiggins. Lol

Vick is playing harder than he has in a while.
What is it with Kansas having problems getting their SF to be more aggressive? All we heard with Rush was that he wasn’t aggressive enough (not that it turned out badly). I feel like that was mentioned of Xavier Henry as well and I know it was an issue with Wiggins. Seems to be the only position at KU under Self where that has been a problem.

Just my opinion but I think a big part of Vick’s problem is his role is bigger and he has yet to accept it completely. If one thing doesn’t go Vick’s way, he’s had a tendency to sulk and shut down. That has to change.

Reactions: schoonerwest
KU simply cannot put anyone away. It’s nothing new especially with this year’s team but it sure as hell doesn’t make it any less frustrating.

Graham refuses to take and make a standard layup. Insists on doing 45 moves in the air and bricking it

Although I like the fire by Udoka, that was just stupid and an easy T for any official to call.
I really don’t get why though. The guy was on the floor where he was going to land. Doke had no choice but to land while standing over him. He did stare at him for about .3 seconds, but enough for a T? I don’t think so.

I thought the T he had last week made more sense.

There’s no reason why Vick can’t be as aggressive as Svi..

There’s no reason why Vick can’t be as aggressive as Svi..

Vick has an issue right now. Not sure what's going on but he just wants to avoid the ball at all costs. Doesn't move much off the ball, doesn't probe the defense when he has the ball, and defensively leaves a lot to be desired in effort. If it was just his shot attempts that went down then I would say that was a product of a more aggressive Newman and just not enough shots to go around. But everything else has taken a dip as well in his game.

Kind of think may be best to move Vick to the bench and see if that lights a fire.

I really don’t get why though. The guy was on the floor where he was going to land. Doke had no choice but to land while standing over him. He did stare at him for about .3 seconds, but enough for a T? I don’t think so.

I thought the T he had last week made more sense.

I can understand your line of thinking. However the very second Dok hit the ground and gave the stare down, Coach Self saw what happened and he was livid. He saw the same thing everyone else did and he saw it right away.

ADVERTISEMENT