ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee@ LSU

Della, you are ignorant to facts I see. UK has ranked teams in several sports, womens also. Keep those lies coming, I thought you was a knowledgeable poster, you are proving me wrong.
There are two main sports in College athletics. The main one CFB and the secondary one CBB.
I love UT WCBB, but you hardly see me drone on and on about the lady Vols "history".
Name the lie oddball and furthermore, I couldn't give two shits what you think about me. I do think it is weak sauce when you turn the conversation to the poster instead of staying on point. Which if you UK didn't know is UT/LSU. Hint, it's in the title.

Again, UK fans can do both.

• 2019 Citrus Bowl Champs
  • Kicked UT's ass Saturday night
Got shrimp slapped in Knoxville for the 34 years and counting. Uk basketball ever won 34 years and counting?
Gas only cost $1.20/gal, bread was .71/ loaf, $6300 car and a stamp was only .20 the last time UK beat UT on the Hill. That is domination...:cool:

Got shrimp slapped in Knoxville for the 34 years and counting. Uk basketball ever won 34 years and counting?
Gas only cost $1.20/gal, bread was .71/ loaf, $6300 car and a stamp was only .20 the last time UK beat UT on the Hill. That is domination...:cool:
I thought you didn't feel it was right to talk about past accomplishments?

Calipari gets an even bigger bonus for tournament success.

Cal builds for the tournament, playing league games is something he has to do.

It's Petty programs, like UT, that care about league titles.
I actually side with @della here and think this take is egregious. You should absolutely care about league titles.

It's a significant achievement to win a league regular season and tournament title and I see no reason that blue bloods shouldn't still be proud of that.

It's a marker that you had consistent success and were a force to be reckoned with that season even if you were eliminated early in the NCAAT.

Calling a season that doesn't end with a national title a failure every year is ludicrous given that UK has only won 8 of them in over 100+ years.

Reactions: della
I personally would take an ACC regular season championship over a #1 seed if forced to pick between the 2. One means you got some hardware and the other means nothing when you still have to win 6 games in the Big Dance.

UT had 10 more fouls called than UK, so no...Laughing
You do know that some of those came in garbage time, right? There were bad calls both ways. Matter of fact, some of the calls against UK were laughable. Hell, we lost on a missed call the game before. When you get thumped by 20 points, it wasn't because of the officiating.

And btw, when UK is called for more fouls in Knoxville, I expect you to be here bitching about the refs. For that matter, were you outraged when Vandy got hosed? I'll go back and look when I get a chance.

@della

Yeah and you didn't respond to anything I quoted you on. I guess you gave up knowing what I said was correct. Thanks...

Eyeroll

Reactions: JC for 3
@della

Yeah and you didn't respond to anything I quoted you on. I guess you gave up knowing what I said was correct. Thanks...

Eyeroll
CATS, I got 5 or 6 UK fans replying to anything I say. I'm sorry I neglected you.

This is one of things that I find pathetic with UK fans. Y'all harp and harp on history and use every chance you can to beat your chest about it like it has any bearing on the season. You even do it in a thread that doesn't involve your team, like this one.:)

So then why do you talk about how great UT football use to be? When you’re at the family get together and old stories about how UT football use to be good come up and they start talking about the Peyton Manning days do you tell everybody to hush because all of that doesn’t matter??

So then why do you talk about how great UT football use to be? When you’re at the family get together and old stories about how UT football use to be good come up and they start talking about the Peyton Manning days do you tell everybody to hush because all of that doesn’t matter??
The rest of the family is in the past. She only lives in the present.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
I actually side with @della here and think this take is egregious. You should absolutely care about league titles.

It's a significant achievement to win a league regular season and tournament title and I see no reason that blue bloods shouldn't still be proud of that.

It's a marker that you had consistent success and were a force to be reckoned with that season even if you were eliminated early in the NCAAT.

Calling a season that doesn't end with a national title a failure every year is ludicrous given that UK has only won 8 of them in over 100+ years.
Nobody is saying a season without a title is a failure, I'm not sure where that came from.

Also, yes, of course UK, the players and the fans would love a 54th SEC regular season title, but if it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world. UK has a tougher league schedule and they're a young team, so not winning the SEC regular season isn't something that will be looked at as a bad sign.

But the focus has to be getting on that 1 line in the South regional and play in Louisville. If UK wins the SEC regular season title on the way to that goal, great, but with unbalanced scheduling the way it is, coming in second or third by a game is nothing more than a shoulder shrug and a smirk.

As far as the SECT goes, well that's different. Cal doesn't care much for it, but the fans love it and winning that banner gives the team a good feeling heading into the NCAAT.

But never did I say a season without an NCAAT was a failure.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Wait, I thought you just said you didn’t like talking about the past???

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
When it is appropriate. This is a thread about LSU and UT next Saturday. UK's history has nothing to do with it. It is in inappropriate. Simple, see?

But, it should be pretty easy to talk the present...
It seems to bother you that UK fans talk and take great pride in their history. That's probably something you should work on because, it'll never stop.

You talking about us talking about our history, seems worse than us talking about our history. It's like people complaining about people complaining. It just doesn't make sense.

It seems to bother you that UK fans talk and take great pride in their history. That's probably something you should work on because, it'll never stop.

You talking about us talking about our history, seems worse than us talking about our history. It's like people complaining about people complaining. It just doesn't make sense.

I just think it is inappropriate and pathetic when the discussion is in the present.

When it is appropriate. This is a thread about LSU and UT next Saturday. UK's history has nothing to do with it. It is in inappropriate. Simple, see?

Jodie Meeks 54 against UT is the most points a UK player has ever scored against anyone, and our 86 points in a half against LSU is the most points we've ever scored against anyone in one half of basketball. Interesting fact, they both were on the road.

Better? SmokinSmile

Reactions: JC for 3
Did you see that play right there Della in the UT/Vandy game? Bodies all over the floor for both teams! Refs letting them play.

ADVERTISEMENT