ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee@ LSU

So you're blaming the refs? Laughing That's even more of a loser's mentality/argument.

Anyway, I'm glad you found an angle to make you feel better as to why "UT was beat in every way a team can be beat" (Barnes post game quote)
No, I think UK would have won the game regardless. However, there is no denying the truth of what I posted.

Tennessee faced an inspired UK that played their best game of the season. UK does have a great defense, but the Vols didn't do themselves any favors by missing the open shots they had. It is hard to play your best game every game, so we have to wait and see on UK. Finally, the Refs will probably be more consistent in future UT games.
Refs. Really. Here we go again.

So you're blaming the refs? Laughing That's even more of a loser's mentality/argument.

Anyway, I'm glad you found an angle to make you feel better as to why "UT was beat in every way a team can be beat" (Barnes post game quote)

Yup. I knew she couldn't let it go...

The 2 main problems that UT faced against UK, which is probably going to be their downfall against LSU. UT ranks around 250 on defensive rebounding. LSU ranks a little better than UK in offensive rebounding. Secondly, you guys play better when everything goes through Grant. UK stopped that and LSU has the bigs to stop it also.

The 2 main problems that UT faced against UK, which is probably going to be their downfall against LSU. UT ranks around 250 on defensive rebounding. LSU ranks a little better than UK in offensive rebounding. Secondly, you guys play better when everything goes through Grant. UK stopped that and LSU has the bigs to stop it also.

In that same fold, Kentucky is a much, much better defensive team than LSU. I'm not sure that LSU can be disruptive enough to keep Tennessee from having a very efficient offense.

The comparison is not valid. The SEC has have multiple teams ranked with 7 teams expect for the Tourney. Neither Gonzaga or Nevada play in a P-5 Conference and none of the peers are expect in the Tourney.
Exactly.

You can't deny that LSU and UT have far easier schedules than UK, you just can't and since the schedules are unbalanced, who cares about a regular season league title, especially when UK has a gazillion of them.

I brought up Gonzaga and Nevada because it's the same thing. People say they have fewer losses and that's why they're ranked ahead of better teams. Well duhhhh, look at who they're playing.

But to further the point, UK's goal is to get a 1 seed, not win the SEC.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
When push came to shove UK was very physical in the first half and no fouls were call. In the second half when UT tried to play more physical, the Refs flagged them up. UT had two players foul out and one with 9 minutes to go.
That is what happened when push came to shove.
The refs called a lot of fouls on both teams in the second half.

You're 100% right, the refs called the game completely different in the second half, but it affected both teams.

Maybe, UK should go independent and leave the SEC if they don't care about conference championships. However, I don't think you speak for most UK fans.
He does. We worry about natties here. SEC title banners get hung at the women's court, not Rupp. The SEC title is a baseline expectation nothing more.

Exactly.

You can't deny that LSU and UT have far easier schedules than UK, you just can't and since the schedules are unbalanced, who cares about a regular season league title, especially when UK has a gazillion of them.

I brought up Gonzaga and Nevada because it's the same thing. People say they have fewer losses and that's why they're ranked ahead of better teams. Well duhhhh, look at who they're playing.

But to further the point, UK's goal is to get a 1 seed, not win the SEC.
Your point with Nevada and the Zags was invalid. Why do you now say, "exactly"?Laughing

A #1 seed is great, but is only put you in a better position in the tourney. It is not an award nor does it assure you of winning it all. It just makes your first couple of games easier. Conference titles are an accomplishment.

UK is trailing in that race at the moment, so it is kinda dumb to act like ya own it.

The refs called a lot of fouls on both teams in the second half.

You're 100% right, the refs called the game completely different in the second half, but it affected both teams.
UT had two foul out. It did not affect the teams the same.

I feel so sorry for you. It was all the refs fault. Tennessee should have beat Kentucky by 30 points but the refs took the game from them. Tennessee will beat Kentucky by 50 in Knoxville when the refs call a fair game.

LSU by 5.

Baton-Rouge-6.gif

Reactions: kl40504
Dellas got her groove back for the LSU game. I hope you guys beat that trash team.

Your point with Nevada and the Zags was invalid. Why do you now say, "exactly"?Laughing

A #1 seed is great, but is only put you in a better position in the tourney. It is not an award nor does it assure you of winning it all. It just makes your first couple of games easier. Conference titles are an accomplishment.

UK is trailing in that race at the moment, so it is kinda dumb to act like ya own it.
If you think getting a 1 seed isn't that important, I can't help you. I guess this is a product if being a fan of a team that has failed in every tournament they've ever been in.

So you're saying you would rather have a conference championship over a 1 seed in the NCAAT?

My point about Nevada and Gonzaga is very valid, if you can't understand the point I'm making, then again, I can't help you.

UK is a deeper team. Your guys fouled out because they were getting manhandled and they resorted to fouling instead of manning up.

UK is a deeper team. Your guys fouled out because they were getting manhandled and they resorted to fouling instead of manning up.
Plus, when dudes are flopping all the time, trying to sell it, it diminishes real contact from fake. At this point, who the eff knows when Williams really gets fouled with his superb acting skills.

No worries though, it'll get rewarded in Knoxville.

Plus, when dudes are flopping all the time, trying to sell it, it diminishes real contact from fake. At this point, who the eff knows when Williams really gets fouled with his superb acting skills.

No worries though, it'll get rewarded in Knoxville.
And when UT is ousted in the first weekend of the NCAAT because they got beat up by a 7 seed, it'll be because the fouls were uneven, not because RB didn't have them prepared.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
I feel so sorry for you. It was all the refs fault. Tennessee should have beat Kentucky by 30 points but the refs took the game from them. Tennessee will beat Kentucky by 50 in Knoxville when the refs call a fair game.

I have already said, I think UK played a great game and deserved to win. That does not change the fact that the refs jobbed UT.

I have already said, I think UK played a great game and deserved to win. That does not change the fact that the refs jobbed UT.
You've established your opinion, but curious, which fouls were questionable against UT? All?

If you think getting a 1 seed isn't that important, I can't help you. I guess this is a product if being a fan of a team that has failed in every tournament they've ever been in.

So you're saying you would rather have a conference championship over a 1 seed in the NCAAT?

My point about Nevada and Gonzaga is very valid, if you can't understand the point I'm making, then again, I can't help you.

I didn't say it was important, just not as important as winning the conference. They don't give an award for a #1 seed.

The SEC has 7 teams going to the dance, that does not compare to a conference that will have one lone wolf going.

I didn't say it was important, just not as important as winning the conference. They don't give an award for a #1 seed.

The SEC has 7 teams going to the dance, that does not compare to a conference that will have one lone wolf going.
A #1 seed is an award in itself. Some teams have conference titles on the mind, others have national titles.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
You've established your opinion, but curious, which fouls were questionable against UT? All?

Alexander is in defensive position, UK players physically pushes him out and a foul called on Alexander. That was a good one.

Alexander is in defensive position, UK players physically pushes him out and a foul called on Alexander. That was a good one.
Anymore? TIA

fwiw, Bilas thought Richards 3rd foul was nonsense, does that cancel out your bad call on Alexander?

A #1 seed is an award in itself. Some teams have conference titles on the mind, others have national titles.
I hate to break this to ya. You don't get the National title by getting a #1 seed.

Sure it helps, but having a helper is not as valuable as winning a Conference with 7 tourney invitees.
This is the mindset of someone who's never been to a FF. Moral victory. "We didn't win shit in March, but hey we got that SEC regular season title. woohoo!!!"

The more aggressive team usually goes to the line more than one that isn't. Alexander was fine until he grabbed Travis' arm. That's where the foul came from....

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Then don't ask dumb questions like that. Which friggin fouls, like I'm making the time in the game when a poor foul is called.
Just messing with you. It's so easy to do when someone blame others for their failures.

This is the mindset of someone who's never been to a FF. Moral victory. "We didn't win shit in March, but hey we got that SEC regular season title. woohoo!!!"
No, it is the midset of a fan that isn't entitled. If you can't be happy with anything but a national championship, you are going to be miserable most the time.

A 1 seed is a huge deal and you better hope Tennessee gets one. Right now, it's looking like it could be slipping away.

UK wants a 1 seed in the Louisville region (South).

Playing a 16, 8 and 4 seeds are so much easier than playing a 15, 7 and 3.

Again, the schedules aren't balanced, winning a conference championship is great, but getting a 1 seed is so much more important.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
ADVERTISEMENT