ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee@ LSU

A 1 seed is a huge deal and you better hope Tennessee gets one. Right now, it's looking like it could be slipping away.

UK wants a 1 seed in the Louisville region (South).

Playing a 16, 8 and 4 seeds are so much easier than playing a 15, 7 and 3.

Again, the schedules aren't balanced, winning a conference championship is great, but getting a 1 seed is so much more important.
We will have to agree to disagree.

No, it is the midset of a fan that isn't entitled. If you can't be happy with anything but a national championship, you are going to be miserable most the time.
I think you're confusing "entitled" with accomplished. With accomplishment at the level UK has had, we do expect more. So entitled is not an insult.

Also, no one said "I'm only happy with a national title".

You should stick to FB.
I think you're confusing "entitled" with accomplished. With accomplishment at the level UK has had, we do expect more. So entitled is not an insult.

Also, no one said "I'm only happy with a national title".
Calipari gets a bonus for winning the SEC. He gets no bonus for a #1 seed.

I'm betting he would prefer the big wad of cash.Laughing

UK sets it's incentives in rewarding what they want.

That is a great point and I'm glad you brought it up. Calipari is rich enough he doesn't need the SEC bonus, UK is rich in SEC titles to where we'd rather have the easier path.

Also to the underlined, you can't speak for UK. Just as you can't speak for UK fans when they say they'd rather have a #1 seed. Not sure why you're trying.

That is a great point and I'm glad you brought it up. Calipari is rich enough he doesn't need the SEC bonus, UK is rich in SEC titles to where we'd rather have the easier path.

Also to the underlined, you can't speak for UK.
Yeah, it was a great point on my part, thanks. Your response Cal is rich and Uk is rich falls flat on it's face.

Don't be ridiculous, all bonus structures are based on company objectives. A Freshman knows this...

Yeah, it was a great point on my part, thanks. Your response Cal is rich and Uk is rich falls flat on it's face.

Don't be ridiculous, all bonus structures are based on company objectives. A Freshman knows this...
Ok Della this is going in circles and I'm not into having to have the last word, You know what UK, Calipari and their fans prefer and wants over UK, Calipari and it's fans.

By all means, blame refs, tell UK fans what they want and confuse opinions with facts all you want.

I hope you all give us a better game in TBA, because you sucked in Rupp.

Ok Della this is going in circles and I'm not into having to have the last word, You know what UK, Calipari and their fans prefer and wants over UK, Calipari and it's fans.

By all means, blame refs, tell UK fans what they want and confuse opinions with facts all you want.

I hope you all give us a better game in TBA, because you sucked in Rupp.
I have said, UK played great. Thought the officiating sucked, but UT sucked, so it didn't matter all that much. I hope be are better at TBA too.

I won't belabor the #1 seed vs SECC thingie anymore, but my point was solid.

Anywho, it is all in fun. Have a good one.:)

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Calipari gets a bonus for winning the SEC. He gets no bonus for a #1 seed.
Calipari gets an even bigger bonus for tournament success.

Cal builds for the tournament, playing league games is something he has to do.

It's Petty programs, like UT, that care about league titles.

It's funny how UK fans catch hell for blaming refs, but every other fanbase does the same crap. This thread is a perfect example of this.

Just wait until bad officiating costs you an NCAAT birth, shot at a FF or shot at a title. Talk about infuriating.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Calipari gets an even bigger bonus for tournament success.

Cal builds for the tournament, playing league games is something he has to do.

It's Petty programs, like UT, that care about league titles.
No cause to be tacky Jeff. The fact of the matter is that you don't have to be a #1 seed to win the tourney and only one team can win the conference title. Cal gets paid for a conference title and not a #1 seed.

Tennessee faced an inspired UK that played their best game of the season. UK does have a great defense, but the Vols didn't do themselves any favors by missing the open shots they had. It is hard to play your best game every game, so we have to wait and see on UK. Finally, the Refs will probably be more consistent in future UT games.

You really blaming the refs? Maybe if UT wouldn't have played so soft and jacked up 3’s all game they might have played better. UK drove the ball to the rim and made UT play defense and that’s where UK got the calls. UT was fine with not driving the ball and jacking up 3’s all game long. Just because Williams was laying on the floor all night don’t mean he was fouled!

I have already said, I think UK played a great game and deserved to win. That does not change the fact that the refs jobbed UT.
Like I said they caused UT to lose the game. A terrible job by the refs. You also might remember how Vanderbilt got hosed by the refs when they had Tennessee beat at Vandy.

I have already said, I think UK played a great game and deserved to win. That does not change the fact that the refs jobbed UT.

You’re making yourself the laughing stick if the board with trash like this Della! UT didn’t play good defense and your boy was flopping all over the place like a big damn fish outta water. UK was aggressive and UT was not! Do you not get that??? UK took the fight to UT and UT ran! Simple as that!

No cause to be tacky Jeff. The fact of the matter is that you don't have to be a #1 seed to win the tourney and only one team can win the conference title. Cal gets paid for a conference title and not a #1 seed.
Umm, you sure about that? I think you only have to go back one year to prove that statement wrong.

All UK can do right now is win games. A win in Knoxville would be what the doctor ordered. UT and LSU can share the SEC title for all I care, you lower tiered fans will throw party's for that. UK fans will be satisfied with an SECT win and the easiest road possible in the dance.

It seems like you would be satisfied with an SEC championship and a first round NCAAT loss. Weird.

It seems like you would be satisfied with an SEC championship and a first round NCAAT loss. Weird.

I wouldn't go that far, to be fair, I'm sure they'd like a banner year as well.

tennessee-banner.jpg

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I wouldn't go that far, to be fair, I'm sure they'd like a banner year as well.

tennessee-banner.jpg
I mean, with the team UT has, they have a 1 seed in the palm of their hand and a great shot at a final four and all she wants to talk about is an SEC regular season title.

Mind boggling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I mean, with the team UT had, they have a 1 seed in the palm of their hand and a great shot at a final four and all she wants to talk about is an SEC regular season title.

Mind boggling.
Short-sightedness.

...or one goal at a time. *shrug*

Reactions: kyjeff1
Like I said they caused UT to lose the game. A terrible job by the refs. You also might remember how Vanderbilt got hosed by the refs when they had Tennessee beat at Vandy.
I've been honest, don't you think you should be to?

You’re making yourself the laughing stick if the board with trash like this Della! UT didn’t play good defense and your boy was flopping all over the place like a big damn fish outta water. UK was aggressive and UT was not! Do you not get that??? UK took the fight to UT and UT ran! Simple as that!
We will have to agree to disagree on me being a laughing "stick"Laughing
Most muggings are aggressive. We UT gets aggressive the refs find their whistles and boot two Vols.

However, this thread is about UT/LSU. You need to stop obsessing about UT. You should be pulling for us to stop LSU. Oh yeah, UK fans don't care about SEC Championships.Laughing

Umm, you sure about that? I think you only have to go back one year to prove that statement wrong.

All UK can do right now is win games. A win in Knoxville would be what the doctor ordered. UT and LSU can share the SEC title for all I care, you lower tiered fans will throw party's for that. UK fans will be satisfied with an SECT win and the easiest road possible in the dance.

True there can be co champions

Reactions: kyjeff1
wtf is a laughing stick. I'm probably to dense to get it.

It's crazy I new what both mint.
Scotty was trying to call me a "laughing stock", but said stick instead. I just thought that was funny. From now until further notice, laughing stick will be a go to term.:)

Scotty was trying to call me a "laughing stock", but said stick instead. I just thought that was funny. From now until further notice, laughing stick will be a go to term.:)

As in “Tennessee was the laughing stick of college basketball on Saturday night”? Did I do that right?

We will have to agree to disagree on me being a laughing "stick"Laughing
Most muggings are aggressive. We UT gets aggressive the refs find their whistles and boot two Vols.

However, this thread is about UT/LSU. You need to stop obsessing about UT. You should be pulling for us to stop LSU. Oh yeah, UK fans don't care about SEC Championships.Laughing
We don't worry about SEC Championships. Kentucky has 49 compared to a measly 10 by Tennessee.
Kentucky 49
LSU 10
Tennessee 10
Alabama 8
Florida 7
Mississippi State 6
Auburn 3
Vanderbilt 3
Arkansas 2
Georgia Tech† 2
Georgia 1
South Carolina 1
Texas A&M 1
Tulane† 1
Ole Miss 0 -
Missouri 0 -
Kentucky also has 31 SEC tournament championships to 4 for Tennessee. Kentucky owns the SEC.

Last edited:

That's what you call a "back handed compliment". If you're going to congratulate and compliment a team on a win, then say the other team got jobbed by the refs that's a two faced hypocrite.

Reactions: kl40504
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT