ADVERTISEMENT

Tell me what you like least about your most hated rival.

wut?

I was just talking about how we've never played in the NCAAT.
True, but you were responding to tweedle dumb, so I thought I'd just make one post instead of two.

I acknowledge your post was not inflammatory.

True, but you were responding to tweedle dumb, so I thought I'd just make one post instead of two.

I acknowledge your post was not inflammatory.
It is odd we've played 230 times and never in the NCAAT.
I wonder how many times UNC and Duke have played. IIRC they've not played each other either.

Why do y'all like to go on about the final 4? If ya don't want to brag about winning it all, why not choose "we made it to the Championship game"?

Unless you win it, you lose it. Y'all have some championships, if you have to brag about the distance past, you should choose that, bragging about FF is like bragging about best of losers.

And I'm sure this perspective wouldn't change if your team had 15-20 final fours vs 0, right? 😂

It is odd we've played 230 times and never in the NCAAT.
I wonder how many times UNC and Duke have played. IIRC they've not played each other either.
I think they try to place a team in a position where they play out of their own conference instead of loading a bracket with all SEC or whatever.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think they try to place a team in a position where they play out of their own conference instead of loading a bracket with all SEC or whatever.
I'm sure that's the reason we've never played early, and add in the fact UT doesn't make it that far, I can see why we haven't.

A little birdie told me that Kaintucky fans are touting their 1st win in football since 1984 in KnoxVegas on the bball board. I repeat, Nineteen Eighty Four. So, tell me, when was the last time Tennessee beat Kaintucky in Lex? I will accept football OR basketball. I’ll hang up and listen.
This is a thread about rivals, UT is not a rival to UK. I believe your rivals are Alabama. How's that going for you?

Why do y'all like to go on about the final 4? If ya don't want to brag about winning it all, why not choose "we made it to the Championship game"?

Unless you win it, you lose it. Y'all have some championships, if you have to brag about the distance past, you should choose that, bragging about FF is like bragging about best of losers.
This is why women should stick to cooking and cleaning. Y'all don’t understand sports. You obviously don’t understand how hard it is to get to a FF.

Blue blood programs hang banners for Final Fours, it means you won your region, it is an accomplishment.

Why doesn’t UT hang their FF banners?

I'm sure that's the reason we've never played early, and add in the fact UT doesn't make it that far, I can see why we haven't.
UK being a #1 seed anywhere other than in the minds of a few UK fans is becoming are rare phenomenon. I'm sure that has happened sometime in the distant past, though.

I'm not sure how this angle favors a program that has never won a nat'l title, but okay.
It just makes sense. Y'all are the ones bragging about being best of losers, not us.

This is why women should stick to cooking and cleaning. Y'all don’t understand sports. You obviously don’t understand how hard it is to get to a FF.

Blue blood programs hang banners for Final Fours, it means you won your region, it is an accomplishment.

Why doesn’t UT hang their FF banners?
Ah, a sexist...

I think it more comes down to winning or just participating.

It just makes sense. Y'all are the ones bragging about being best of losers, not us.

If we're being honest, you brag about winning occasional conference titles and regular season games vs Kentucky.

Final four is unquestionably a bigger accomplishment.

UK being a #1 seed anywhere other than in the minds of a few UK fans is becoming are rare phenomenon. I'm sure that has happened sometime in the distant past, though.
I want to understand your line of thinking but I can't. I guess I'm slow, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

If we're being honest, you brag about winning occasional conference titles and regular season games vs Kentucky.

Final four is unquestionably a bigger accomplishment.
If you were being honest, you'd acknowledge I don't really brag.

I want to understand your line of thinking but I can't. I guess I'm slow, but I have no idea what you're talking about.
I'm saying that in recent times both team's exit from the tourney have had no bearing on a match up.

Because UT can’t even get to the final four to even have a chance to lose. What do you guys have to argue? regular season wins over UK? 1 elite 8 in 76 years of basketball?

A few suggested threads for you to post on the UT basketball board
1. Favorite Vol Final Four game: world's shortest debate.
2. Four Decades of SEC Tournament Dominance -- but not by UT.
3. One is the Loneliest Number, or Tennessee's Rich History in the Elite Eight.
4. Remember listening to Rocky Top as we cut down the nets? Neither does anyone else.
5. Sorry, I thought this was the Women's Basketball Board.

Because UT can’t even get to the final four to even have a chance to lose. What do you guys have to argue? regular season wins over UK? 1 elite 8 in 76 years of basketball?

A few suggested threads for you to post on the UT basketball board
1. Favorite Vol Final Four game: world's shortest debate.
2. Four Decades of SEC Tournament Dominance -- but not by UT.
3. One is the Loneliest Number, or Tennessee's Rich History in the Elite Eight.
4. Remember listening to Rocky Top as we cut down the nets? Neither does anyone else.
5. Sorry, I thought this was the Women's Basketball Board.
Like I said, the final four is meaningless. You either win it all or you lose it.

I suppose faced with UK prospects for the present and future, it is no wonder y'all yap on and on about the irrelevant past.

If anything said by me in this thread is considered bragging, then you're most definitely a braggart. There's literally no difference.
That would be an excellent retort if it were true, but since it is not, it is just BS.

Like I said, the final four is meaningless. You either win it all or you lose it.

I suppose faced with UK prospects for the present and future, it is no wonder y'all yap on and on about the irrelevant past.
Ok, when was the last time UT won a national title in basketball?
hold em
CuwuopbWIAAzMkP.jpg

That would be an excellent retort if it were true, but since it is not, it is just BS.

You've made about 7,000 posts about Barnes beating Kentucky or finishing higher in the standings.

I mean, really?

Reactions: kyjeff1
Ah, a sexist...

I think it more comes down to winning or just participating.
Nah, I'm all about women excelling in everything, but when one, that has never competed on a certain stage, belittles the accomplishments of those that win/excel/achieve on that stage, you deserve to be called out.

Now about those dishes…

You've made about 7,000 posts about Barnes beating Kentucky or finishing higher in the standings.

I mean, really?
No, I haven't. You know, I haven't even given y'all any crap about losing to Richmond. The narrative that I live to blast UK is false. So, invent another one.

Reactions: GhostVol

A run to the final four or title game is usually pretty fun. Especially when it's not expected.

Hopefully you'll find out someday.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Nah, I'm all about women excelling in everything, but when one, that has never competed on a certain stage, belittles the accomplishments of those that win/excel/achieve on that stage, you deserve to be called out.

Now about those dishes…
Come now Jeff does your hypocrisy give you a smidgen of pause when posting that? Did you play CBB for UK? Did you even attend UK?

I only question the intelligence of bragging about losing.

No, I haven't. You know, I haven't even given y'all any crap about losing to Richmond. The narrative that I live to blast UK is false. So, invent another one.

Not even a Kentucky fan.

The fact that you accused me of bragging about another team's accomplishments says it all. 😂

A run to the final four or title game is usually pretty fun. Especially when it's not expected.

Hopefully you'll find out someday.
I'm liking our chances this year better than y'all's.

Not even a Kentucky fan.

The fact that you accused me of bragging about another team's accomplishments says it all. 😂
The fact that you chose to do just that says more.😎

Come now Jeff does your hypocrisy give you a smidgen of pause when posting that? Did you play CBB for UK? Did you even attend UK?

I only question the intelligence of bragging about losing.
I've never competed at the college level, but I have played pick up with several guys that played at D2 schools and I'm here to tell you, I THOUGHT I was a damn good athlete, but those guys, every single one of them, humbled the hell out if me and they were just D2 guys.
But, it's not me that’s belittling the accomplishments of others, that would be you. You are the one saying you’re a loser if you don’t win the title, even if you got to the FF.
To me, that's a pretty ignorant statement and it tells me you don’t have a clue how hard it would be to even win a game in a tournament setting at that level.

Last edited:
I've never completed at the college level, but I have played pick up with several guys that played at D2 schools and I'm here to tell you, I THOUGHT I was a damn good athlete, but those guys, every single one of them, humbled the hell out if me and they were just D2 guys.
But, it's not me that’s belittling the accomplishments of others, that would be you. You are the one saying you’re a loser if you don’t win the title, even if you got to the FF.
To me, that's a pretty ignorant statement and it tells me you don’t have a clue how hard it would be to even win a game in a tournament setting at that level.
Della is just a typical UT fan. These are the same people who think winning 11-12 games in football and winning a playoff game but losing in the title game is a bad season.....and don’t even expect them to understand what a final four means to a basketball program like UK.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I've never completed at the college level, but I have played pick up with several guys that played at D2 schools and I'm here to tell you, I THOUGHT I was a damn good athlete, but those guys, every single one of them, humbled the hell out if me and they were just D2 guys.
Jeff, it is you that put UT down for not getting into the final 4. So, since you have never played in the NCAA tourney aren't you being a little hypocritical for calling out those UT players that have advanced in March Madness? I mean if you wish to be consistent with your line of BS.

Della is just a typical UT fan. These are the same people who think winning 11-12 games in football and winning a playoff game but losing in the title game is a bad season.....and don’t even expect them to understand what a final four means to a basketball program like UK.
It means close, but no cigar, right? How much is a lottery ticket worth that is only one number off?

Final fours are celebrated because to get to one you have to win 4 straight games against GOOD teams.
Not all the teams in the field are "good" teams, so really the teams you play could or could not be good. It is more then likely a mix.

I just don't see celebrating a loss.

ADVERTISEMENT