ADVERTISEMENT

Tell me what you like least about your most hated rival.

You know how that fbi adidas thing ended in court right?

And not sure how we as fans were supposed to know ahead of time that shoe companies were systematically compensating recruits to steer them towards schools under their brand. We’ve all heard about how shady recruiting is year after year after year. We finally got a look at how crazy it really is.

If you meant the head coaches, then yea, if they didn’t know it’s just bc they didn’t want to know.

Except okie state, they got screwed over imo.

And not sure how we as fans were supposed to know ahead of time that shoe companies were systematically compensating recruits to steer them towards schools under their brand. We’ve all heard about how shady recruiting is year after year after year. We finally got a look at how crazy it really is.

If you meant the head coaches, then yea, if they didn’t know it’s just bc they didn’t want to know.

LOL

you can’t argue with UL or KU fans about cheating they both say the same things “the shoe companies cheated we didn’t know!”

KU fans don't say this.

Probably should though. It's more plausible than "He was holding his brother's stacks!!"

Yeah, but you had a coach that worked with adidas to pay the kid. He even told the adidas rep to keep it under wraps because UofL was under probation.
All it takes is one idiot within the program to put you under a pile of trouble.

we have proof you cheated you don’t

There is zero “proof” that Self was involved in or knew about any payments. Only proof that one of his assistants discussed the possibility of paying a player who didn’t even commit to KU.

If you want to argue that common sense tells us that Self was discussing cheating with Gassnola, then we also have to use common sense to conclude that Hagans probably got paid.

Sorry, chum...Can’t have it both ways. We could dream up some dumb explanations too but that’s just childish and desperate.

There is zero “proof” that Self was involved in or knew about any payments. Only proof that one of his assistants discussed the possibility of paying a player who didn’t even commit to KU.

If you want to argue that common sense tells us that Self was discussing cheating with Gassnola, then we also have to use common sense to conclude that Hagans probably got paid.

Sorry, chum...Can’t have it both ways. We could dream up some dumb explanations too but that’s just childish and desperate.
There has never been a question of whether or not the Kansas program was involved. T.J. Gassnola, a fixer for Adidas that also runs an Adidas-sponsored AAU program, has testified that he paid the mother of former Kansas forward Billy Preston $89,000 and that he was planning on paying the Fenny Falmagne, the guardian of current Jayhawk sophomore Silvio De Sousa, an additional $20,000 to the $2,500 he had already paid, money to payback someone with Under Armour ties that was trying to get De Sousa to go to Maryland.

The defense has not argued otherwise.

Instead, their defense has been that the Kansas coaching staff was aware of, and supportive of, the payments that were being made.

On Monday, they presented text messages to the courtbetween Gassnola and the Kansas coaching staff, the most damning of which came on Sept. 19th, 2017, just days before Kansas — who is supposed to be the victim in this ordeal — announced that they had agreed to a 12-year, $191 million extension on a sponsorship deal with Adidas.

After Gassnola texted Self to thank him for helping get the deal done, Self responded by saying, “Just got to get a couple real guys.”

Gassnola: “In my mind, it’s KU, Bill Self. Everyone else fall into line. Too (expletive) bad. That’s what’s right for Adidas basketball. And I know I’m right. The more you have lottery picks and you happy. That’s how it should work in my mind.”

Self: “That’s how ur (sic) works. At UNC and Duke.”

Gassnola, after acknowledging that it works like this: “I promise you I got this. I have never let you down. Except (Deandre). Lol. We will get it right.”

Presumably, this is in reference to Deandre Ayton, who was the No. 1 pick in the 2018 NBA Draft after one season at Arizona. Earlier in the trial, Gassnola testified that he had paid $15,000 on behalf of Adidas to the family of Ayton while trying to find a house and a job for Ayton’s mother, who is Bahamian. There was a point in time during Ayton’s high school career that he was considered likely to end up at Kansas, and he even told reporters in April of 2016 that Kansas was the only school recruiting him.

When Gassnola was asked if he felt like he let Self down when Ayton picked Arizona, he replied, “I did.”

There is also a text trail between Gassnola and the Kansas staff in the weeks prior to De Sousa’s surprise commitment to the program. From the KC Star:

On Aug. 9. 2017, Gassnola texted KU’s assistant Townsend in a conversation about Fenny Falmagne, the guardian of then-recruit Silvio De Sousa, now a KU sophomore. Gassnola told Townsend, “Hit me when you can,” and Townsend replied, “Coach Self just talked to Fenny. Let me know how it goes.”
Gassnola also texted Self, saying he talked with Falmagne. Self asked “we good” over text, and Gassnola replied “always,” saying this was light work and the ball was in Falmagne’s court now.
That same day, Gassnola texted Self to call him when he had five minutes and he was alone. The two had a five-minute, six-second phone conversation. The call was not wiretapped by the FBI nor played in court.

There has never been a question of whether or not the Kansas program was involved. T.J. Gassnola, a fixer for Adidas that also runs an Adidas-sponsored AAU program, has testified that he paid the mother of former Kansas forward Billy Preston $89,000 and that he was planning on paying the Fenny Falmagne, the guardian of current Jayhawk sophomore Silvio De Sousa, an additional $20,000 to the $2,500 he had already paid, money to payback someone with Under Armour ties that was trying to get De Sousa to go to Maryland.

The defense has not argued otherwise.

Instead, their defense has been that the Kansas coaching staff was aware of, and supportive of, the payments that were being made.

On Monday, they presented text messages to the courtbetween Gassnola and the Kansas coaching staff, the most damning of which came on Sept. 19th, 2017, just days before Kansas — who is supposed to be the victim in this ordeal — announced that they had agreed to a 12-year, $191 million extension on a sponsorship deal with Adidas.

After Gassnola texted Self to thank him for helping get the deal done, Self responded by saying, “Just got to get a couple real guys.”

Gassnola: “In my mind, it’s KU, Bill Self. Everyone else fall into line. Too (expletive) bad. That’s what’s right for Adidas basketball. And I know I’m right. The more you have lottery picks and you happy. That’s how it should work in my mind.”

Self: “That’s how ur (sic) works. At UNC and Duke.”

Gassnola, after acknowledging that it works like this: “I promise you I got this. I have never let you down. Except (Deandre). Lol. We will get it right.”

Presumably, this is in reference to Deandre Ayton, who was the No. 1 pick in the 2018 NBA Draft after one season at Arizona. Earlier in the trial, Gassnola testified that he had paid $15,000 on behalf of Adidas to the family of Ayton while trying to find a house and a job for Ayton’s mother, who is Bahamian. There was a point in time during Ayton’s high school career that he was considered likely to end up at Kansas, and he even told reporters in April of 2016 that Kansas was the only school recruiting him.

When Gassnola was asked if he felt like he let Self down when Ayton picked Arizona, he replied, “I did.”

There is also a text trail between Gassnola and the Kansas staff in the weeks prior to De Sousa’s surprise commitment to the program. From the KC Star:

1) I'm well aware, and it doesn't change my point.

2) The fact that you edited this out--> Gassnola, after acknowledging that it works like this at Kentucky, too

....might be the most hilarious thing ever posted on this forum.

Brings us right back to "childish and desperate."

2) The fact that you edited this out--> Gassnola, after acknowledging that it works like this at Kentucky, too

because Gassanola has 0 proof on UK just him saying it doesn’t proove we cheat. you saying “self doesn’t know about it”and then moving goalposts about UK when faced with facts he knew might be the most hilarious thing posted on this board.....holla when you get proof of Cal texting bagmen. Until then you just have baseless accusations with 0 proof.

...hearsay. Just words when there's no proof to back them.

Reactions: RunninRichie
...hearsay. Just words when there's no proof to back them.

I know, and it's just hearsay from Merl Code as well, someone who was knee-deep in all of this at both Nike and Adidas for years. And Hagans was holding fake money and yada yada yada.

Point being, if you guys want to hide behind "no proof," fine. But don't pretend that vague texts are proof of anything.

Reactions: Villian07
I know, and it's just hearsay from Merl Code as well, someone who was knee-deep in all of this at both Nike and Adidas for years. And Hagans was holding fake money and yada yada yada.

Point being, if you guys want to hide behind "no proof," fine. But don't pretend that vague texts are proof of anything.
when self was asked if he felt let down by gassanola for not securing Ayton Self said “I do”. Can I get the fronto you’re smoking?

because Gassanola has 0 proof on UK just him saying it doesn’t proove we cheat. you saying “self doesn’t know about it”and then moving goalposts about UK when faced with facts he knew might be the most hilarious thing posted on this board.....holla when you get proof of Cal texting bagmen. Until then you just have baseless accusations with 0 proof.

So why delete it?

Never said that, btw.

Let me know when you have proof of Self's knowledge of improper benefits.

Yeah, but you had a coach that worked with adidas to pay the kid. He even told the adidas rep to keep it under wraps because UofL was under probation.
All it takes is one idiot within the program to put you under a pile of trouble.

Oh I know, and we were in no shortage of idiots between McGee, fair, and johnson. It just doesn’t happen imo without adidas starting the ball rolling. We weren’t even recruiting Bowen all season and adidas basically put him in our lap. Not that it excuses the assistants or anything but it would be different if they were the ones telling adidas which kids to pay. (Which for all I know they did with other)

And again if Pitino didn’t know (which no one can prove, since that’s so trendy to say) it’s just because he didn’t want to.

Reactions: kyjeff1

….no wiretaps, no paper trail, nothing. Just dudes knee deep in shit trying to say "but everybody else does it". If that's the hill you're gonna die on, so be it.

Hell the stripper scandal was nothing but word of mouth from Katina Powell, refusal of former players to meet with the NCAA, and then the ******ed self admission/ban.

There’s no “proof”. Every girl Powell mentioned as being a prostitute under her shed Powell in civil court and all won. Hell if there was any real proof it wouldn’t be called a stripper scandal it would be called a prostitution scandal bc I think we can all connect the dots to know more went on than stripping. But again the only proof is K Powell’s word of mouth, which is gospel to UK fans, a woman who was last seen in a mug shot for stealing a effing toothbrush from wal mart. But an ex-Nike and current adidas EXECUTIVE, na just here say. Bad thing is you would be using his exact quote if he had jist said duke and unc and not said Kentucky as well.

At the end of the day it really doesn’t matter though, esp since the NCAA doesn’t care.

NCAA let duke and Zion walk. Anyone outside of duke fans really believe he wasn’t compensated by someone to go to duke. Even after the dmv records and rental records that came out during his lawsuit. No proof no proof lol

Reactions: ExitFlagger
….no wiretaps, no paper trail, nothing. Just dudes knee deep in shit trying to say "but everybody else does it". If that's the hill you're gonna die on, so be it.

So wiretaps are credible and not word of mouth unless whoever’s talking dares speak of UK paying players. Got it.

No...Code was on wiretap. There was no incentive for him to point the finger. Undercover agents caught him speaking candidly.

Hell the stripper scandal was nothing but word of mouth from Katina Powell, refusal of former players to meet with the NCAA, and then the ******ed self admission/ban.

There’s no “proof”. Every girl Powell mentioned as being a prostitute under her shed Powell in civil court and all won. Hell if there was any real proof it wouldn’t be called a stripper scandal it would be called a prostitution scandal bc I think we can all connect the dots to know more went on than stripping. But again the only proof is K Powell’s word of mouth, which is gospel to UK fans, a woman who was last seen in a mug shot for stealing a effing toothbrush from wal mart. But an ex-Nike and current adidas EXECUTIVE, na just here say. Bad thing is you would be using his exact quote if he had jist said duke and unc and not said Kentucky as well.

At the end of the day it really doesn’t matter though, esp since the NCAA doesn’t care.

NCAA let duke and Zion walk. Anyone outside of duke fans really believe he wasn’t compensated by someone to go to duke. Even after the dmv records and rental records that came out during his lawsuit. No proof no proof lol

KU's going to get punished for discussing Zion while Duke doesn't even get investigated. Tells you all you need to know about Nike vs Adidas.

Oh I know, and we were in no shortage of idiots between McGee, fair, and johnson. It just doesn’t happen imo without adidas starting the ball rolling. We weren’t even recruiting Bowen all season and adidas basically put him in our lap. Not that it excuses the assistants or anything but it would be different if they were the ones telling adidas which kids to pay. (Which for all I know they did with other)

And again if Pitino didn’t know (which no one can prove, since that’s so trendy to say) it’s just because he didn’t want to.
I know it's tough for me to agree that everyone is paying recruits, but I have absolutely no doubt that all shoe companies are prodding coaches, assistants and boosters to do what Adidas did with UL, LSU, Zona and KU. I bet Nike and Adidas reach out to all their schools and pitch money drops daily.
But for any UofL coach to agree to it, especially knowing the program was on probation, is incredibly stupid. He surely hid all correspondence from Pitino too, which made it so much worse, but it's an incredibly stupid thing to do.
The NCAA needs to get the shoe companies away from the schools, they are the devil on the shoulder.
Can you imagine how much money is being dropped by shoe companies in college football? More players and it's a bigger money sport. Why college football isn't policed the way cbb is, is a head shaker. Nobody even talks about it.

I know it's tough for me to agree that everyone is paying recruits, but I have absolutely no doubt that all shoe companies are prodding coaches, assistants and boosters to do what Adidas did with UL, LSU, Zona and KU. I bet Nike and Adidas reach out to all their schools and pitch money drops daily.
But for any UofL coach to agree to it, especially knowing the program was on probation, is incredibly stupid. He surely hid all correspondence from Pitino too, which made it so much worse, but it's an incredibly stupid thing to do.
The NCAA needs to get the shoe companies away from the schools, they are the devil on the shoulder.
Can you imagine how much money is being dropped by shoe companies in college football? More players and it's a bigger money sport. Why college football isn't policed the way cbb is, is a head shaker. Nobody even talks about it.
because CFB keeps the NCAA afloat

9c4673766a66750b3172e2f7a84f81b6.jpg

That damn Hagans! He almost blew it for us.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Oh yea I agree again, totally stupid. Beyond stupid given we were on probation. Plus I’d watched laLue a time or two and Bowen was overrated as hell anyways. He played on the same high school as jaren Jackson jr who drew all the attention so Bowen could set up around the perimeter and take open shots.

Yea I find it pretty funny the NCAA is going after bama and LSU in....basketball.

Football Rosters are damn near 10x bigger than basketball rosters and they don’t have the resources to police the shit in basketball. Plus football recruits most usually take a year or two. Not many true freshmen dominate college football the way we’ve seen them do it in college basketball. And if they do, they are most likely a qb. Not to say it doesn’t go on, bc I’m sure it’s worse than basketball bc theirs so many more positions and players.

A little birdie told me that Kaintucky fans are touting their 1st win in football since 1984 in KnoxVegas on the bball board. I repeat, Nineteen Eighty Four. So, tell me, when was the last time Tennessee beat Kaintucky in Lex? I will accept football OR basketball. I’ll hang up and listen.

A little birdie told me that Kaintucky fans are touting their 1st win in football since 1984 in KnoxVegas on the bball board. I repeat, Nineteen Eighty Four. So, tell me, when was the last time Tennessee beat Kaintucky in Lex? I will accept football OR basketball. I’ll hang up and listen.
It's been longer than since we've won in Knoxville.

When was the last time tennessee made a final four? i’ll hang up and listen, chromedome.

When was the last time tennessee made a final four? i’ll hang up and listen, chromedome.
Kind of interesting we've never played UT in the tournament. We've never kept them from reaching a FF, or vice versa.

We've might have kept them out of the tournament all together, ie, had to win the SECT to make it and they didn't.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Kind of interesting we've never played UT in the tournament. We've never kept them from reaching a FF, or vice versa.

We've might have kept them out of the tournament all together, ie, had to win the SECT to make it and they didn't.
Why do y'all like to go on about the final 4? If ya don't want to brag about winning it all, why not choose "we made it to the Championship game"?

Unless you win it, you lose it. Y'all have some championships, if you have to brag about the distance past, you should choose that, bragging about FF is like bragging about best of losers.

Why do y'all like to go on about the final 4? If ya don't want to brag about winning it all, why not choose "we made it to the Championship game"?

Unless you win it, you lose it. Y'all have some championships, if you have to brag about the distance past, you should choose that, bragging about FF is like bragging about best of losers.
wut?

I was just talking about how we've never played in the NCAAT.

ADVERTISEMENT