ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl or National Title?

5thGenJayhawk

May 6, 2015
Never have seen the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, not sure hardly anyone on this board has, it's been so long.

Would you rather see your cities Football team win the Super Bowl or your college team win the National Title?

For me, still got to go KU to win the title.

I hate football so this is an easy one. If DePaul ever gets a basketball team again I would love to see them win their first national championship since Mikan did it in 45.

Reactions: 5thGenJayhawk
Can it be a football title for UK? It might not change my answer but it would make it a more difficult decision. My sports hierarchy goes like this

1a. UK basketball
1b. Carolina Panthers football
2. UK football
3. Lakers basketball

We have 8 titles already in basketball, so I would take a Panthers Super Bowl over that. But if you offered me a Panthers Super Bowl or UK football title, I might have to go UK football, just because it wouldn't ever happen again. Chances of Carolina making another Super Bowl run are much better.

Till last year I would’ve said UNC basketball all day, any day.
After My Eagles FINALLY got over the hump, that was the best sports moment ever.
I’d take another Eagles championship over a UNC championship any day of the week.

1a UK gets #9 in basketball
1b UK football wins SEC Title (anything after that is gravy)

....not sure if Bengals were to win their 1st Super Bowl that I'd be the level of Bengals fan I used to be. Mike Brown has made that incredibly difficult over the years.

My interest in MLB is fading as well, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Reds win another WS.

I'm a NC native, but I lived in Boston for a season. So I actually root for Boston sports teams, minus the Red Sox (Orioles were the first team I ever loved. Thanks a lot, Cal!).

So, easy choice for me. Duke all day, every day. Patriots are in the Super Bowl every year, anyway. And for the record, I was Patriots fan before they ever won a Super Bowl.

This isn't as hard of a decision as it should be. I love NFL football, I can watch any game whether my team is playing or not. It's not really like that with CBB. I enjoy watching games, but I can skip a lot more games than I would watch. Especially over the last few years where my job gets in the way. But, I can miss a 49ers game (I know, I know) and not hate myself. I cannot miss a Duke game and not hate myself. Plus, I could just use my reaction to each as a way to judge which one is more important to me. I am so emotionally involved (in an unhealthy and immature way sometimes) in Duke games. Not so much for the 49ers. So the joy I feel when Duke wins the championship is so intense it is unmatched. And the pain and immature anger when they lose is light years ahead of when the 49ers lose. Which is a good thing, obviously.

Grew up in Maine and live in Massachusetts now. The Patriots dynasty has existed since I was a wee little 6th grader. AFC Championship games have become the bare minimum standard for each season. I would be willing the trade no more Super Bowls for the rest of my life for a MSU football title.

I'd prefer another MSU basketball title but I wouldn't trade Super Bowls for the rest of my life.

Never have seen the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, not sure hardly anyone on this board has, it's been so long.

Would you rather see your cities Football team win the Super Bowl or your college team win the National Title?

I'm not a big NFL fan so definitely CBB team win Natty.

As a bungles fan (@crazyqx83 knows what I’m sayin) I would have to see a bungles championship. I love uk all day everyday but the football gods hat the bungles. I would kill to see them win a super bowl

1. UK Basketball
2. Atlanta Braves
3. Anderson Silva win the MW belt again and retire
4. UK Football

Honestly Anderson winning a belt in his 40's would probably be #2. Used to love baseball, but it hasn't aged well with me. I've never really enjoyed or been into football.

Seen my team win SB(Colts)....Baseball team win the WS(Reds)....Hoops win a title(2). Don't care for hockey. I'm meh on the NBA. I'd like to see the Pacers win a title. But if they don't, I'm cool. Soooo..............

I'm set.

As a bungles fan (@crazyqx83 knows what I’m sayin) I would have to see a bungles championship. I love uk all day everyday but the football gods hat the bungles. I would kill to see them win a super bowl
I would too. My "MeMaw" and "PePaw" were huge Bengal fans. I still remember when they lost to the 49ers in the SB, on Taylor's TD with just under a minute to go. Broke their hearts man. They have since passed. But still----It would be sweet.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
I'd take Kansas winning another title over any of my other favorite teams.

1. Kansas (bb, cfb..)
(Dramatic Pause)
2. Packers
3. Royals
4. Chiefs
5. Braves
6. tOSU funnyballminusUrban(finally)

KU BBall has always been number 1 but I think I want this Chiefs Super Bowl as much as I want KU.

I love the Royals and KU. Chiefs were always just a notch below but I think that changed the last couple years. They are all equal now.

KU for another title. It does great for the community as well as the university. The university needs the infusion that comes with the title, while Sunday's game is brings in the final dollars except for the revenue sharing the NFL has. Stats show that the benefits of a college winning a national title lasts 10 years. I didn't see the break down for the 2008 championship but I did for the 1988 one on a spreadsheet going out 10 years.

The only people that would pick their pro team to win a title over their college team is if they are a t shirt fan that didn’t actually attend the university
I don't agree with this at all. If your pro team has had very little success as compared to your college team (in my case, 0 titles to 8), it gives you something to think about. Nothing wrong with being passionate about college and pro.

The only people that would pick their pro team to win a title over their college team is if they are a t shirt fan that didn’t actually attend the university

Wrong on so many levels. I seen UNC win 5 titles so I'm good there but I wanna see my Panthers win the Super Bowl before the Heels win another one. Show me in the fan rule book where you have to attend the school you root for. FWIW only losers make these kind of comments.

Wrong on so many levels. I seen UNC win 5 titles so I'm good there but I wanna see my Panthers win the Super Bowl before the Heels win another one. Show me in the fan rule book where you have to attend the school you root for. FWIW only losers make these kind of comments.
Speed is a great poster, but yea, I do not agree with that position at all. Coming from someone who attended his favorite school, too.

If we are listing order of preference it would be...

1. UNC basketball title.
2. Reds World Series.
3. Titans Super Bowl.
4. Predators Stanley Cup.
5. Anthony Kim coming back to golf and winning The Masters. If not, give me Fowler winning it.

I'd take Kansas winning another title over any of my other favorite teams.

1. Kansas (bb, cfb..)
(Dramatic Pause)
2. Packers
3. Royals
4. Chiefs
5. Braves
6. tOSU funnyballminusUrban(finally)

You’re a Packer fan too! Got dang. If something happens to my wife I’m tracking you down.

Oh and I’d take a basketball title for FSU over another Packer Super Bowl for sure. Heck, I’d honestly take an FSU basketball title over a football natty.

Reactions: KisteK
Did you treat the wife to a celebratory cover-up tattoo?
  1. No attacking other posters. If you feel the need to harass another poster, don't do it. What is considered attacking other posters?
    • Bringing up their name in posts that they did not start or were not involved in, just to get a reaction from them.
    • Consistently responding to their posts and responding with no merit other than to belittle them.
    • In short, making a poster a target
Reported. Let’s see if I’m the only one being censored on here.

I've seen Duke win 5 titles, don't remember seeing the Bengals win a playoff game. Give me a super bowl.

1. No attacking other posters. If you feel the need to harass another poster, don't do it. What is considered attacking other posters?
    • Bringing up their name in posts that they did not start or were not involved in, just to get a reaction from them.
    • Consistently responding to their posts and responding with no merit other than to belittle them.
    • In short, making a poster a target
QualifiedPettyHare-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: KisteK and sgrooms
I wasn’t alive for the last Orioles WS win so thats the last thing, now that the Caps won a Stanley Cup, that I would like to see. I’ve been lucky enough to see the Ravens win 2 Super Bowls and Maryland basketball win one. Maryland football would be cool, but thats a complete and total pipe dream.

So you’re a t shirt fan?

Welp! That's all it has ever taken for some of my previous bans, so I guess this is a wrap. I wish I could say it has been nice knowing more than about 6 of you, but most of you suck, so nah.

If we are listing order of preference it would be...

1. UNC basketball title.
2. Reds World Series.
3. Titans Super Bowl.
4. Predators Stanley Cup.
5. Anthony Kim coming back to golf and winning The Masters. If not, give me Fowler winning it.

Kim? The Vegas stories are probably all true, considering we actually saw him in a club there. Lol. Why do you like him?

Welp! That's all it has ever taken for some of my previous bans, so I guess this is a wrap. I wish I could say it has been nice knowing more than about 6 of you, but most of you suck, so nah.

I'm not sure you meet the "Consistently responding to their posts" part. If this is the first or second time, that's not very consistent. And that post definitely didn't qualify for the first bullet point.

If for some reason I was going to sit down and eat 100 pieces of pizza in one sitting, I'd go pineapple and liar's bacon on one of them. About 10 of them might be vegetarian. Another 10 or so would be some crazy experimental stuff, like hard-boiled egg (it's an Australian thing) or bison or rattlesnake sausage.

If I ate a single piece of pizza every day for 100 days, though... I might pick the exact same toppings for every one of them.

I'd most like to see another Duke title, then a Lions' Super Bowl, then a Tigers' WS, then a Duke women's bb title, then a Duke fb title, then a Red Wings' Stanley Cup (just that low b/c I've already seen a few).

But if I get to see that next Duke title and you ask me again, another Duke title is still at the top of the list.

Reactions: KisteK and sgrooms
Won't matter. I've literally been banned for using the initials of curse words in such common abbreviations as "wt_." Any excuse will do.

Oops, quote fail @sgrooms

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT