ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Duke, Indy, or UNC fans regarding net ranking

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
A teams net ranking can change over the season, but does their ranking change from early season wins and losses?

In other words, if your team beats a quad 2 team early in the season, but the team you defeated goes on to lose or win 20 straight and their net changes or is it frozen to the ranking at the time the game was played?

I'm pretty sure no other fan bases will know the answer.

A teams net ranking can change over the season, but does their ranking change from early season wins and losses?

In other words, if your team beats a quad 2 team early in the season, but the team you defeated goes on to lose or win 20 straight and their net changes or is it frozen to the ranking at the time the game was played?

I'm pretty sure no other fan bases will know the answer.
The benefit or hindrance you get from each opponent is from the totality of their record, not their profile at the time you played them.

The benefit or hindrance you get from each opponent is from the totality of their record, not their profile at the time you played them.
This....And its why P5 programs NET ranking , as the seasons go, rarely drops into the 100's. Its why IU's win @ Michigan was so big. Even though both suck ass, that win will lekly stay Q2----and IF UM surprises, could jump to a Q1

So, they may be quad 1 at the time of the game, but they could drop to quad 3 or 4 at the end of the season and that's what counts?

Thanks

So, they may be quad 1 at the time of the game, but they could drop to quad 3 or 4 at the end of the season and that's what counts?

Thanks
Yes....But usually what you get early, is what you will get----Especially with non-P5. Then with P5, their NET usually improves exponentially , due to conference slates.

Reactions: della
Yes....But usually what you get early, is what you will get----Especially with non-P5. Then with P5, their NET usually improves exponentially , due to conference slates.
Well, UK is a Q1 on the road and a Q2 at our place at the moment. I was hoping to pick up two Q1's, but their soft schedule will be over when they reach conference play and I could see us getting jipped out of some Q1 or Q2 wins.

• Haha
Reactions: IUfanBorden
Well, UK is a Q1 on the road and a Q2 at our place at the moment. I was hoping to pick up two Q1's, but their soft schedule will be over when they reach conference play and I could see us getting jipped out of some Q1 or Q2 wins.
You are so awesome......

Reactions: della
Ummmmm, yeah.
Thanks Borden, I have always held you in the highest regard of understanding. I for one will be pulling for UK to at least maintain Q2 status. It is actually quite rare for me and BBN to align (kinda like a lunar eclipse.)

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
NET rankings are absurd but anything the NCAA creates was going to be a huge failure so no surprised there.

NET rankings are absurd but anything the NCAA creates was going to be a huge failure so no surprised there.
I think they end up being pretty good by the middle of the season. They usually end up aligning pretty well with KenPom and Torvik.

ADVERTISEMENT