ADVERTISEMENT

SN Way Too Early Top 25 (2019-2020 season)

duckboy33

May 3, 2009
Eugene, OR
Team
Oregon
Reactions: hawkit3113
Big Ten:
Michigan State (2nd nationally)
Michigan (4th nationally)
Purdue (9th nationally)
Ohio State (15th nationally)
Iowa (21st nationally)
Maryland (24th nationally)

ACC:
Virginia (1st nationally)
Duke (5th nationally)
Louisville (11th nationally)
North Carolina (14th nationally)
Florida State (16th nationally)

SEC:
Kentucky (3rd nationally)
Tennessee (8th nationally)
Auburn (10th nationally)
LSU (13th nationally)

AAC:
Houston (17th nationally)
Cincinnati (19th nationally)
Memphis (25th nationally)

PAC 12:
Oregon (6th nationally)
Arizona (22nd nationally)

Big East:
Marquette (7th nationally)
Seton Hall (23rd nationally)

Big 12:
Kansas (12th nationally)

A10:
VCU (18th nationally)

WCC:
Gonzaga (20th nationally)

Really impressed with the depth of the Big Ten. If Ohio States incoming freshman core can mold well with the team that is already in place, we don't lose a lot and should be considered dark horses for a final four run.

Could have 3/4 from the big ten in the final four next year if we don't get screwed with seeding by the committee

Reactions: hawkit3113
Probably shouldn’t doubt the ability of Beard to rebound next year but TT will lose 4 of their starting 5 assuming Culver leaves.

We lose quite a bit. It will depend on what grad transfers we get and how quickly our recruits acclimate.

Us at 12 lol. A lot has to happen for that to be true. We were like .500 after losing Doke and Vick.

Grimes, Dotson, and Doke (and even Silvio) all have to be on that floor next year for us to be top 15.

Probably shouldn’t doubt the ability of Beard to rebound next year but TT will lose 4 of their starting 5 assuming Culver leaves.

We lose quite a bit. It will depend on what grad transfers we get and how quickly our recruits acclimate.

return Corprew, Moretti and Edwards. Then returning from injury guys Khavon Moore and Mccullar will be instant impact guys for you.

Plus add your 2019 class now and a GT or two. By star ratings it’s your best class ever I’m pretty sure.

Tech will be top 3 in B12 next year again.

Reactions: Navy_Raider88
Us at 12 lol. A lot has to happen for that to be true. We were like .500 after losing Doke and Vick.

Grimes, Dotson, and Doke (and even Silvio) all have to be on that floor next year for us to be top 15.

Come on. That team would probably be #1.

First off, this doesn’t look to be a particularly strong field. Second, players tend to make a nice jump in their sophomore year.

Remember in 2012 when KU was left with one returning starter (who hadn’t impressed to that point) and brought in no one of importance, yet played in the title game?

Honestly, Self tends to do his best work when the cupboard is considered “bare.”

Come on. That team would probably be #1.

First off, this doesn’t look to be a particularly strong field. Second, players tend to make a nice jump in their sophomore year.

Remember in 2012 when KU was left with one returning starter (who hadn’t impressed to that point) and brought in no one of importance, yet played in the title game?

Honestly, Self tends to do his best work when the cupboard is considered “bare.”

Yes but T-Rob was our best PF in the Self era. And we had a leader - senior guard in TT.

Ya we could be top 5 for sure with that team. But it all has to happen.

To win a title we need everyone back. Mccormack as our starting 5 next year worries me. Doke and Dotson are the biggest pieces to make a natty run. Grimes and Silvio are gravy.

Yes but T-Rob was our best PF in the Self era. And we had a leader - senior guard in TT.

To win a title we need everyone back. Mccormack as our starting 5 next year worries me. Doke and Dotson are the biggest pieces to make a natty run. Grimes and Silvio are gravy.

But going into that season, no one expected Robinson to have the year he had. Taylor made a big jump as well. Withey made a big jump.

You can’t dismiss the fact that Dotson, McCormack, Agbaji etc will be better. Adding Silvio and Udoka would likely make them very strong.

Plus, I highly doubt that they’ll fail to add at least one impactful recruit.

I don’t expect Grimes back and I’m not sure I’d even want him. He doesn’t seem to be the type to work hard to get better.

But going into that season, no one expected Robinson to have the year he had. Taylor made a big jump as well. Withey made a big jump.

You can’t dismiss the fact that Dotson, McCormack, Agbaji etc will be better. Adding Silvio and Udoka would likely make them very strong.

Plus, I highly doubt that they’ll fail to add at least one impactful recruit.

I don’t expect Grimes back and I’m not sure I’d even want him. He doesn’t seem to be the type to work hard to get better.

Grimes is a Rush his frosh year. He needs 3 years before NBA ready. He will be back.

Grimes is a Rush his frosh year. He needs 3 years before NBA ready. He will be back.

All the supposed insiders say he’s gone regardless of feedback. He apparently has a lot of people pushing him and giving terrible advice.

Will be a bust if so
He might not be. The skill set is obviously there. He just needs to get his shot and confidence back. If he does decide to stay gone he’s definitely got the D League in his future for the next few years and that’s always a massive uphill battle.

He excels at nothing and is not athletic or fast. Could he be an elite shooter? Maybe. But he has a long way to go to get there.

Wish kids had less self serving influencers in their life.

Selby and Xavier might be NBA starters right now.

The Long Winter for Kansas basketball begins.....SmokinSmile

For the first time since the 2000’s, we have football again to look forward to at least.

Les Miles baby

return Corprew, Moretti and Edwards. Then returning from injury guys Khavon Moore and Mccullar will be instant impact guys for you.

Plus add your 2019 class now and a GT or two. By star ratings it’s your best class ever I’m pretty sure.

Tech will be top 3 in B12 next year again.

Moore is transferring (no shock on that one). We should be in really good shape with a grad transfer or two so far.

Edwards will be the real deal, he’s a fearless scorer. Moretti has to take more shots, he’s too tentative at times. Corprew is solid and needs to work on his shot selection a bit.

Ramsey (our borderline 5* recruit) has been tearing it up at these all star type deals (Jordan, etc).

We should be a top 3 squad in the Big 12 so long as these guys gel quickly.

Moore is transferring (no shock on that one). We should be in really good shape with a grad transfer or two so far.

Edwards will be the real deal, he’s a fearless scorer. Moretti has to take more shots, he’s too tentative at times. Corprew is solid and needs to work on his shot selection a bit.

Ramsey (our borderline 5* recruit) has been tearing it up at these all star type deals (Jordan, etc).

We should be a top 3 squad in the Big 12 so long as these guys gel quickly.

Pretty sure Coach Beard could grab 5 guys from the local YMCA and field a tournament team. I've never had more confidence in an individual's ability to get the absolute max out of everyone he coaches.

Reactions: MGC_07
Pretty sure Coach Beard could grab 5 guys from the local YMCA and field a tournament team. I've never had more confidence in an individual's ability to get the absolute max out of everyone he coaches.

What happened in Year 1?

You can look at any situation from all sides.

You could say that Jarrett Culver and a bunch of YMCA guys could make the tournament.

Tech should be a good team.
But don't see them as a Sweet 16 next year

Truthfully have them anywhere from 3rd to 6th in the Big 12.

Pretty much where Texas and TCU are

This could be a big week for KU. Signs are not as black as they were last week re Dok and Silvio.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT