ADVERTISEMENT

Shootout in Austin between Texas and Gonzaga

Texas shooting out of their minds......9-17. GU not to shabby(6-9).

TX up, 55-40.

Gonzaga is so bad on defense..... they'll probably hold UK to 46 points on Sunday.
Texas pissing Zags off for you guys on Sunday..

TBH, GU haven't been bad defensively----TX hitting 27-footers on them. MOF, everything they are tossing up, seemingly goes in.

TX currently shooting 57%.......48% from three.

TBH, GU haven't been bad defensively----TX hitting 27-footers on them. MOF, everything they are tossing up, seemingly goes in.

They've been bad. Texas is shooting lights out, yes, but they are burning the shit out of Gonzaga every trip down the court.

They've been bad. Texas is shooting lights out, yes, but they are burning the shit out of Gonzaga every trip down the court.
Meh----TX has hit a ton of contested shots.

Now I will agree GU's transition defense has been horrid, and has led to the floor being unbalanced defensively, creating good looks for TX. I don't think their half court defense has been that bad..

If Cal is watching, I'd hope he's thinking one thing:

RUN baby, RUN. GU's transition defense is horrid.

Meh----TX has hit a ton of contested shots.

Now I will agree GU's transition defense has been horrid, and has led to the floor being unbalanced defensively, creating good looks for TX. I don't think their half court defense has been that bad..

If Cal is watching, I'd hope he's thinking one thing:

RUN baby, RUN. GU's transition defense is horrid.
I'm sure Cal will do whatever he can to squander away any advantage UK may have. He has said he wants his team to score in the 80s but hasn't shown any reason to make me believe they will. It'll probably be in the mid-60s just like Gonzaga-MSU.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
"We are serious about basketball here(at Texas)"

Build 10,000 arena.... 🤣

There are 3 HS gym in Indiana that are just shy of 10,000..

HIGH SCHOOL.

My under 80 bet for second half doesn't look good. I figured their shooting % cool down in 2nd half, but they stay hot... 🤣

I'm sure Cal will do whatever he can to squander away any advantage UK may have. He has said he wants his team to score in the 80s but hasn't shown any reason to make me believe they will. It'll probably be in the mid-60s just like Gonzaga-MSU.
I 100% expected for UK to be a "UNLV, 1990's Nolan Richardson Arkansas led, Rick Pitino UK led UK" typr of team(s) under Cal...Aside from a time here or there, that hasn't been the case.

I'll catch shit for this(being an IU fan), but his(cal) offense is fukin ugly.

I 100% expected for UK to be a "UNLV, 1990's Nolan Richardson Arkansas led, Rick Pitino UK led UK" typr of team(s) under Cal...Aside from a time here or there, that hasn't been the case.

I'll catch shit for this(being an IU fan), but his(cal) offense is fukin ugly.
What offense? He doesn't run anything. 😂

• Haha
My under 80 bet for second half doesn't look good. I figured their shooting % cool down in 2nd half, but they stay hot... 🤣
ANd ya know its not like GU is throwing up bricks.....TX just on fire from three.

GU has not lost by 20 in over 10 years; 2010. Damn.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeroyOU12
I hate that call, and the rule needs changed. As a shooter if you lean in, jump in/at, on a jump shot, it should either be, A) Play on, or B) an offensive foul. Officials continue to bail dudes out on that.

Hate it. And will not call it.

Reactions: englandnu
GU has not lost by 20 in over 20 years; 2010. Damn.

maths.gif

And still shot 40% from downtown. Even more embarrassing for Gonzaga, Texas shot 52% overall and exactly half their shots 33/66 were threes. 😂
Tx had several wide open dunks on fastbreak and half court offense also. GU D sucks donkey balls.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ANd ya know its not like GU is throwing up bricks.....TX just on fire from three.

GU has not lost by 20 in over 10 years; 2010. Damn.
In order to score 80 in the second half, both teams had to play a perfect game at 4 points/minute....they played better than perfect as they scored 83. 🤣

• Wow
Chet Holmgren was a big loss from last season. But equally so was Andrew Nembhard. I gave Nembhard grief for being soft, which I think he often was, but he was also electric in the PnR offense. Hickman clearly ain't on the same level as Nembhard.

Guard play has to improve. Collectively, the guards are probably the most pedestrian Gonzaga has had since the 2016 season. Last year, Zags had assists on 55.3% of their made field goals. Small sample size this season, obviously, but that rate is currently only at 36.7%. A traditional Zags team runs and runs - and gets lots of easy baskets. Haven't seen a whole lot of that lately.

ADVERTISEMENT