ADVERTISEMENT

SEC lifts alcohol ban

RollLaughThat sounds awesome.
Yeah----cause it ain't your ass thats out there...:eek:

I've had some crazy shit, seen some crazy shit, happen, while working college baseball. Basketball not so much. But baseball? In May? In the South?

Yikes.

But then of course---there is the hot ass college chics, walking around in their bikini's. Now---Im all for letting that group drink...Especially the ones down at Bama---Lordy, Lordy. And TBH, the chics down in Lexington ain't to shabby either.:D

Yeah----cause it ain't your ass thats out there...:eek:

I've had some crazy shit, seen some crazy shit, happen, while working college baseball. Basketball not so much. But baseball? In May? In the South?

Yikes.

But then of course---there is the hot ass college chics, walking around in their bikini's. Now---Im all for letting that group drink...Especially the ones down at Bama---Lordy, Lordy. And TBH, the chics down in Lexington ain't to shabby either.:D
You should have a sign that says "show me your tits for a strike call"

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Not at sporting events. Its bad enough dealing with with fans as an official, when they are sober. But now----you wanna add alcohol to an already emotionally charged event?

Ummm.......No thanks.

Now, drinking before the game, i.e. tailgating? Sure. I mean, by halftime, or the 4th inning, its(alcohol) is wearing off. Usually.

I have zero issue with alcohol being served at the professional level. Security is better....But allowing the folks in center field at Mississippi State,to drink all game---??? Please Lord,no..
Sporting events are where alcohol should be most necessary. Also most people who are tailgating are sneaking booze in. I did it. Everybody who has ever sat near me at any sporting event did it. There’s empty bottles that cover stadiums when the game ends. It makes no sense why they never sold it and reaped in those profits.

I still stand by my thought that the people who were gonna be overly aggressive were already kind of leaning towards acting that way in the first place. Also, who doesn’t love witnessing a good drunken brawl?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Sporting events are where alcohol should be most necessary. Also most people who are tailgating are sneaking booze in. I did it. Everybody who has ever sat near me at any sporting event did it. There’s empty bottles that cover stadiums when the game ends. It makes no sense why they never sold it and reaped in those profits.

I still stand by my thought that the people who were gonna be overly aggressive were already kind of leaning towards acting that way in the first place. Also, who doesn’t love witnessing a good drunken brawl?
I'm a bit shocked ppl have issue with this. Men.Sports.Beer. It seems simple.By nature, no one wants to f#xk up. They're just there to watch a game and have a good time.

Reactions: sgrooms
I'm a bit shocked ppl have issue with this. Men.Sports.Beer. It seems simple.By nature, no one wants to f#xk up. They're just there to watch a game and have a good time.
I understand the reasons why people think it’s a bad idea but I think if you put this out to vote then it’d be like a 90% approval rate. It just makes sense to sell alcohol at sporting events, even college ones.

I understand the reasons why people think it’s a bad idea but I think if you put this out to vote then it’d be like a 90% approval rate. It just makes sense to sell alcohol at sporting events, even college ones.
I'm surprised the bible belt conference has taken this long to approve it.
The south is synonymous with moonshine, liquor, nascar and stills.

I'm surprised the bible belt conference has taken this long to approve it.
The south is synonymous with moonshine, liquor, nascar and stills.
Where is the Bible Belt? I always thought Oklahoma was the center of it, probably because I grew up there, but as I’ve gotten older I feel like the south is recognized more for it.

Where is the Bible Belt? I always thought Oklahoma was the center of it, probably because I grew up there, but as I’ve gotten older I feel like the south is recognized more for it.
I grew up being told the south was the bible belt. It doesn't make much sense since it's the entire south.

Parts of Kentucky are definitely in Bible Belt territory. A lot of those towns have gone wet though. Stopped in Corbin, KY a few weeks ago and they actually had a nightlife and a restaurant with farm to table menu. Best move they’ve made in years was to sell alcohol. Never thought I’d see a hipster culture in Eastern KY.

God Bless Texas
I cannot imagine Kentucky not following suit soon. Our AD said something vague about it when the news broke, but I'm sure UK will capitalize of their already drunken fans. I'm sure our drunken fans will demand and lash out if they don't.

If anyone thinks the roofer that poops down chimneys got it bad, imagine if UK fans are denied alcohol when the SEC says it's ok.

ADVERTISEMENT