ADVERTISEMENT

SEC lifts alcohol ban

bkingUK

Sep 23, 2007
We all know where this is going

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

alabama is trying to stop siblings from screwing and having kids......... can you imagine the number of mongoloids that would be born due to drinking at Bama games?

You should see what goes on at the “circus” surrounding Bryant Denny on gamedays. It would make the trash around Sanford Stadium blush...

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
This is a bad thing, IMO.

Why? I think alcohol should be served anyplace that has a gathering of people. At the very least beer should be offered.
Because of dumbass crazy people. You put together a bunch of fanatical fans together from opposing teams and douse them with booze, fights and crazy shit is what will ensue. It is usually the folks that slipped the booze into the stadium that start shit already.

Because of dumbass crazy people. You put together a bunch of fanatical fans together from opposing teams and douse them with booze, fights and crazy shit is what will ensue. It is usually the folks that slipped the booze into the stadium that start shit already.
I feel like people who are willing to fight over a football game were already gonna be sneaking booze in the first place. People like that already seem to be on a mission so having legal alcohol around them wouldn’t make much of a difference. I feel like there’s many many more fans like myself who just want to have 3-4 beers over the 3-4 hour game that’s going on in front of us. It makes things much more enjoyable.

I will be interested to know how much of an increase, if any, there will be in arrests made for things that would most likely be linked to drunk people doing drunk things. I imagine it will be minimal.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I feel like people who are willing to fight over a football game were already gonna be sneaking booze in the first place. People like that already seem to be on a mission so having legal alcohol around them wouldn’t make much of a difference. I feel like there’s many many more fans like myself who just want to have 3-4 beers over the 3-4 hour game that’s going on in front of us. It makes things much more enjoyable.

I will be interested to know how much of an increase, if any, there will be in arrests made for things that would most likely be linked to drunk people doing drunk things. I imagine it will be minimal.
Even if there are 10x as many that just want 3-4 beers, that still leaves a lot of crazies at a 100k stadium. Regardless, we will see.

Even if there are 10x as many that just want 3-4 beers, that still leaves a lot of crazies at a 100k stadium. Regardless, we will see.
You go to Knoxville and every bar is packed before games. Then there are drunks on boats and drunks tailgating. It’s probably safer really.

You go to Knoxville and every bar is packed before games. Then there are drunks on boats and drunks tailgating. It’s probably safer really.
Most people tailgate with their friends. Tailgate friends generally are on the same side and know each other. So, what you're saying is invalid.

Booze makes people do things that they generally wouldn't do if they were sober. Some people take the outcomes of games to another level. But, we will just have to see...

Most people tailgate with their friends. Tailgate friends generally are on the same side and know each other. So, what you're saying is invalid.

Booze makes people do things that they generally wouldn't do if they were sober. Some people take the outcomes of games to another level. But, we will just have to see...

All those people drunk outside of the stadium... are also drunk inside the stadium

All those people drunk outside of the stadium... are also drunk inside the stadium
It is funny how people become less drunk without the presence of Alcohol...
I think they call it, sobering up.

It is funny how people become less drunk without the presence of Alcohol...
I think they call it, sobering up.

Meh, they’ve sold beer at UofL games forever and it’s it really any different. Biggest difference there is that they turn areas under stands into a social event... but that’s because UL fans are fair weather.

Beer should be offered anywhere you go. Malls, parks, kids birthday parties, movie theaters. It’s insane that so many colleges won’t sell it at football games.

Why? I think alcohol should be served anyplace that has a gathering of people. At the very least beer should be offered.
Not at sporting events. Its bad enough dealing with with fans as an official, when they are sober. But now----you wanna add alcohol to an already emotionally charged event?

Ummm.......No thanks.

Now, drinking before the game, i.e. tailgating? Sure. I mean, by halftime, or the 4th inning, its(alcohol) is wearing off. Usually.

I have zero issue with alcohol being served at the professional level. Security is better....But allowing the folks in center field at Mississippi State,to drink all game---??? Please Lord,no..

Reactions: della
Not at sporting events. Its bad enough dealing with with fans as an official, when they are sober. But now----you wanna add alcohol to an already emotionally charged event?

Ummm.......No thanks.

Now, drinking before the game, i.e. tailgating? Sure. I mean, by halftime, or the 4th inning, its(alcohol) is wearing off. Usually.

I have zero issue with alcohol being served at the professional level. Security is better....But allowing the folks in center field at Mississippi State,to drink all game---??? Please Lord,no..
Does IU/Big 10 sell beer?

Does IU/Big 10 sell beer?
Not until this year. Football only. I think as of now, 7 Big10 schools have adopted the sales of alcohol at football games. IMO, not that big of a deal at football games. For the most past, the fans/officials are fairly separated. So that is good. BUT....you get a bad call,in ffront of a bunch of drunk fans? SHit could get bad.

I haven't read the entire summary of where alcohol will be sold. I can only hope its not sold at basketball/baseball games.Where yhe fans are right on top of you. Just not a good combination.

Edit: Also,its not a good recipe for fans, either. Can you imagine Auburn/Alabama, with free flowing alcohol?

Eeeeeek.

Last edited:
Not until this year. Football only. I think as of now, 7 Big10 schools have adopted the sales of alcohol at football games. IMO, not that big of a deal at football games. For the most past, the fans/officials are fairly separated. So that is good. BUT....you get a bad call,in ffront of a bunch of drunk fans? SHit could get bad.

I haven't read the entire summary of where alcohol will be sold. I can only hope its not sold at basketball/baseball games.Where yhe fans are right on top of you. Just not a good combination.
iirc it cuts off after 3rd q in football and halftime basketball

I agree with @schoonerwest in which it should be sold, but I also think rowdy ppl should be thrown out.Repeat offenders should have their season tickets revoked.

with all that said, most ppl can handle a few beers with no problem. YUM Center sells straight bourbon and they've not had any problem losing to their rival years over.

iirc it cuts off after 3rd q in football and halftime basketball

I agree with @schoonerwest in which it should be sold, but I also think rowdy ppl should thrown out.
I think it could be sold BEFORE the game. But not during. Its just not a good combination. Especially during rivalry games: UL/UK, Bama/Auburn, IU/Purdue.....ANd yeah, I left out UNC/Duke on purpose. They'd just serve martini's, with orange slices.Laughing

I think it could be sold BEFORE the game. But not during. Its just not a good combination. Especially during rivalry games: UL/UK, Bama/Auburn, IU/Purdue.....ANd yeah, I left out UNC/Duke on purpose. They'd just serve martini's, with orange slices.Laughing
Dean Dome is known for whine and cheese. :D

But again, UL sells liquor and hates losing to UK. It's never been a problem.

Dean Dome is known for whine and cheese. :D

But again, UL sells liquor and hates losing to UK. It's never been a problem.
That we know of...Plus, at one time, drinking and driving wasn't a problem.THEN...roads became more populated. Thus, it became a problem. If the bear is sleeping sir, not reason to go poking at it.

That we know of...Plus, at one time, drinking and driving wasn't a problem.THEN...roads became more populated. Thus, it became a problem. If the bear is sleeping sir, not reason to go poking at it.
So your big problem is with fans being within earshot of a ump/ref? ;)

Reactions: sgrooms
So your big problem is with fans being within earshot of a ump/ref? ;)
Well, ummm,yeah. I see how these people can get sober. And I'm being dead serious. SEC takes baseball fvcking serious, dude. THose fans in the outfield at Miss. State are fvcking crazy. People drunk do dumb shit. You don't think. YOu just react. Call a ball foul...it bounces into the stands. Some hill jack is pissed, and hurls that muthe****er back at you? **** that.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Well, ummm,yeah. I see how these people can get sober. And I'm being dead serious. SEC takes baseball fvcking serious, dude. THose fans in the outfield at Miss. State are fvcking crazy. People drunk do dumb shit. You don't think. YOu just react. Call a ball foul...it bounces into the stands. Some hill jack is pissed, and hurls that muthe****er back at you? **** that.
RollLaughThat sounds awesome.

Reactions: sgrooms
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT