ADVERTISEMENT

SEC/Big 12 battle results (in live time)

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
980x.gif

The SS Mississippi has been lost with all hands. Cause of loss, a Cyclone.

Big 12 leads SEC 1-0

giphy.gif

Bears eat more than just honey, they have a taste for red sea algae.
Down goes bama, down goes bama (it doesn't matter the sport, I love saying that)

Big 12 leads SEC 2-0

48e5c40398dc315e27c5ec58e5bbc12e--alligators-dead.jpg

Gators find out some Frogs are poisonous. TCU kills UF.

Big12 leads SEC 3-0

5802256-4x3-700x525.jpg

Aggy lays a trap for KSU

Big12 leads SEC 3-1

ceramic-drunk-chicken-heads-1.jpg

Okie St. Grills South Carolina. Big George (middle) and friends aren't liking this.

Big 12 leads SEC 4-1

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Bulldogs wrangle Longhorns, UGA wins.

Big 12 leads SEC 4-2

giphy.gif

Anchor down gone wrong, Vandy obliterated by OU.

Big 12 leads SEC 5-2

mtD5EjZ.gif

The Flagship of the SEC (Tennessee) blasts WVU off their mountain.
(looking at you, UK)

Big 12 leads the SEC 5-3

1487_Serval_and_roller_web.jpg

Cats surprise Jawhawks.

Big 12 leads SEC 5-4

balinese-suckling-pig-on-spit-553394805-5a3315d5842b170037578efd.jpg

Guns up, Tech makes things hot for Arky

Big 12 wins over SEC 6-4

Congrats Big 12 Nation.:)

Last edited:
So frustrating . . . If those SEC teams played UT @ #1, or UK, you can bet they’d come out like friggin’ world beaters. :mad:

So frustrating . . . If those SEC teams played UT @ #1, or UK, you can bet they’d come out like friggin’ world beaters. :mad:
We hear this all of the time, how many teams have actually played their best games against Kentucky? Maybe Seton Hall and Duke, I know that we didn’t. I’m not trying to pick on you, but that’s just not true.

Last edited:
We hear this all of the time, how many teams have actually played their best games against Kentucky? Maybe Seton Hall and Duke, I know that we didn’t.
I mean historically. It seems there’ll be some guy that averages ~ 8 ppg that will put up 22/11/9 - career high/school record for a 9-10 team for the win.

It’s happened enough so that our fan base has felt that pain more than once.

Here’s just one off the top of my head; can I get a witness?! @JimboBBN

Bubba Parham delivers career performance at Rupp Arena

Rupp Arena is the second biggest college basketball arena in the nation, and the brightest lights often shine down on the court during basketball games. It’s because of this setting that players from all over the country dream of delivering a highlight performance when they get the chance to take the court under the bright lights.

On Sunday night, Virginia Military Institute’s Bubba Parham’s dream came true, as he had his best basketball game of his life against the Wildcats in Rupp Arena. He finished with a career-high 35 points thanks to 10 made three-pointers, which was also a career high.

http://www.kykernel.com/sports/bubb...cle_e09d3eea-eba5-11e8-a6e9-a778dbe9b065.html

Last edited:
Reactions: rockycard
WVU on fire and the breaks going their way as well. Big 12 dominating this thing so far.

Is Huggins wearing a California king comforter as a jacket?

We hear this all of the time, how many teams have actually played their best games against Kentucky? Maybe Seton Hall and Duke, I know that we didn’t. I’m not trying to pick on you, but that’s just not true.

Yeah, all blue blood fans feel this way. It definitely happens from time to time. Guys get up for the big teams. However, there are times where guys have bad nights as well. People just don't remember those.

I can give you all sorts of names who have gone off against UNC. I would have a harder time telling you the guys who struggled.

Reactions: GE Nole

You just ignore the results every tine Kentucky kills a team?

When Kentucky kills someone, they’re just that good. When Kentucky loses, the other team played its Super Bowl.

Reality is that everyone gets good and bad luck throughout the season in terms of how well the opposing team plays.

When Kentucky kills someone, they’re just that good. When Kentucky loses, the other team played its Super Bowl.

Reality is that everyone gets good and bad luck throughout the season in terms of how well the opposing team plays.
No. I know what i’m talking about. It’s when our fan base has been victim to the hype machine, top 5-10 ranking which gets everyone rabid (likely including the team) and then we go to someplace like S. Carolina and watch a Devan Downey type player dismantle 5 NBA 1st round picks, then lose their next 3 games in a row. @RipThru any comment on this phenomenon we UK fans deal with?

Exibhit B; Note video title.

Last edited:

No. I know what i’m talking about. It’s when our fan base has been victim to the hype machine, top 5-10 ranking which gets everyone rabid (likely including the team) and then we go to someplace like S. Carolina and watch a Devan Downey type player dismantle 5 NBA 1st round picks, then lose their next 3 games in a row. @RipThru any comment on this phenomenon we UK fans deal with?

Exibhit B; Note video title.

But every team deals with it, especially the big boys. Every team also has stars crap the bed against them. You just don’t remember those. Remembering the great performances is therapeutic.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
On a side note, the home team won every game except Iowa St.

6-4 Big 12 wins. Valiant effort by a way over-matched Arkansas team, but alas... they suck. Biggest surprise to me was TAMU beating KSU by double digits. A&M is really bad.
On the bad side: the Cocks were limp. The Gators was swamped. Ole Miss Rebels were whupped by the Yanks.

Auburn vs Miss State both ranked were not in the Challenge.

At the end of all of these different conference challenges, only the SEC has a conference “honking” cheer. The cheer is aimed mainly at Alabama football, all SEC fanbases rally behind the Tide.

At the end of all of these different conference challenges, only the SEC has a conference “honking” cheer. The cheer is aimed mainly at Alabama football, all SEC fanbases rally behind the Tide.

I don't believe that for one minute. Have you ever known someone from LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida.........

SEC is a football conference with history. Alabama is not the only good team in the SEC.

Reactions: rdgtr and rockycard
I don't believe that for one minute. Have you ever known someone from LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida.........

SEC is a football conference with history. Alabama is not the only good team in the SEC.
I’m just messing with y’all, but your conference does have a conference chant.!

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I was hoping we would get a chance to play all the teams. We've played Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and South Carolina. Also Arkansas twice now. I want to play someone new. Preferably Kentucky or Tennessee because why not.
No offense to Texas Tech, but I'd bet we'll only play KU and WVU.

No offense to Texas Tech, but I'd bet we'll only play KU and WVU.
If Tech is able to hold onto Beard and they’re able to be consistently ranked pretty high then I can see Kentucky being matched up with them for a series.

The real interesting question here is will Kansas and Missouri ever get paired. As of now it looks like they never will but eventually they’ll end up playing each other again in both football and basketball.

If Tech is able to hold onto Beard and they’re able to be consistently ranked pretty high then I can see Kentucky being matched up with them for a series.

The real interesting question here is will Kansas and Missouri ever get paired. As of now it looks like they never will but eventually they’ll end up playing each other again in both football and basketball.
I want UK to play KU every year one way or the other. They have a long history and I am an old man who likes history. SmokinSmile

Its a nice talking point, and its good for a change of pace in the middle of SEC play, but outside of Kentucky-Kansas every year dont really much care about it. Big 12 can go 9-1 as long as that 1 is us over Kansas.

980x.gif

The SS Mississippi has been lost with all hands. Cause of loss, a Cyclone.

Big 12 leads SEC 1-0

giphy.gif

Bears eat more than just honey, they have a taste for red sea algae.
Down goes bama, down goes bama (it doesn't matter the sport, I love saying that)

Big 12 leads SEC 2-0

48e5c40398dc315e27c5ec58e5bbc12e--alligators-dead.jpg

Gators find out some Frogs are poisonous. TCU kills UF.

Big12 leads SEC 3-0

5802256-4x3-700x525.jpg

Aggy lays a trap for KSU

Big12 leads SEC 3-1

ceramic-drunk-chicken-heads-1.jpg

Okie St. Grills South Carolina. Big George (middle) and friends aren't liking this.

Big 12 leads SEC 4-1

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Bulldogs wrangle Longhorns, UGA wins.

Big 12 leads SEC 4-2

giphy.gif

Anchor down gone wrong, Vandy obliterated by OU.

Big 12 leads SEC 5-2

mtD5EjZ.gif

The Flagship of the SEC (Tennessee) blasts WVU off their mountain.
(looking at you, UK)

Big 12 leads the SEC 5-3

1487_Serval_and_roller_web.jpg

Cats surprise Jawhawks.

Big 12 leads SEC 5-4

balinese-suckling-pig-on-spit-553394805-5a3315d5842b170037578efd.jpg

Guns up, Tech makes things hot for Arky

Big 12 wins over SEC 6-4

Congrats Big 12 Nation.:)
that's funny RollLaughRollLaugh

Its a nice talking point, and its good for a change of pace in the middle of SEC play, but outside of Kentucky-Kansas every year dont really much care about it. Big 12 can go 9-1 as long as that 1 is us over Kansas.
Spoken like the guy who's conference loses most of the time.

Personally I hope we never play Texas tech in this. Most years would be another schedule hit. Obviously wouldn’t have minded playing them this year though.

ADVERTISEMENT