ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Miller

Keeping my mouth shut till all is clear for KU. Arizona had to be bidding against someone and the only one else recruiting Ayton was KU. Of the 3 players mentioned so far in bidding wars were Bowen, Nassir Little, and Ayton. Arizona involved heavily in all 3.

Praying KU not involved but would be very surprised if they weren't.

Everyone is involved. It's just a matter of who they have on tape cooperating with these losers that got caught. I'd be a lot more worried if one of the real prominent agents (IE Rich Paul) was going down. If he got caught, EVERYONE would be in trouble.

Everyone is involved. It's just a matter of who they have on tape cooperating with these losers that got caught. I'd be a lot more worried if one of the real prominent agents (IE Rich Paul) was going down. If he got caught, EVERYONE would be in trouble.

Yep and this morning's releasing of the names of players receiving money was nothing compared to what's dangerously close to being released to the general public. Talk about an uncomfortable feeling. Most of us should be holding our collective breath that our coaches aren't involved on those tapes.

9929717_0.jpg

No idea on Wiggins. Embiid, out of nowhere, picked KU over UF.

Embiid was on KU's radar for quite a while. It wasn't an overnight deal. That being said, my optimism that Self won't be implicated in the wire taps is fading by the second. Miller was the first big name to fall but his won't be the last.....not by a freaking long shot.

Embiid was on KU's radar for quite a while. It wasn't an overnight deal. That being said, my optimism that Self won't be implicated in the wire taps is fading by the second. Miller was the first big name to fall but his won't be the last.....not by a freaking long shot.
There won’t be self wire taps. Self, k, Cal, Roy are far from removed on these dealings. They aren’t in the dark but have nothing to do with these type of negotiations. They have their plates full with normal hug school ass kissing and programs to run. The smaller time guys have actual staff members involved. Big dogs don’t. They have things that work in their favor but not cash payments. Rival coaches to ku inckuded.

You might be right, but I think Miller was, by far, the most obvious.

There won’t be self wire taps. Self, k, Cal, Roy are far from removed on these dealings. They aren’t in the dark but have nothing to do with these type of negotiations. They have their plates full with normal hug school ass kissing and programs to run. The smaller time guys have actual staff members involved. Big dogs don’t. They have things that work in their favor but not cash payments. Rival coaches to ku inckuded.

I sure hope so man. This deal seem to be blowing up rather quickly. I wish for everyone's sake the FBI would release what they have so everything can be dealt with. You're right, coaches like Self, K, Roy and Cal may not be on the wire taps but they're not in the dark at all.

UK hasn't been landing top recruits since before the FBI probe began, so I feel comfortable. Laughing I bet Capel's butt is puckered though.

Well if that's the case the last top recruit UNC landed was Harrison Barnes in 2010. I feel good but then again I don't. I'm anxious to see how this shakes out for Duke and all that talent they been pulling in for the last few years.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Will Sean Miller coach Arizonas next game?

-500 No
+425 Yes

Get your wagers in now!

Well if that's the case the last top recruit UNC landed was Harrison Barnes in 2010. I feel good but then again I don't. I'm anxious to see how this shakes out for Duke and all that talent they been pulling in for the last few years.

Me too. But with all of that talent and the only thing (thus far) is Wendell's mom having a meal in 2016. Not bad.

Sean Miller isn't what most would consider "smaller time". He's been a borderline top 10 coach.

I think we all have our popcorn out at this point waiting to point fingers and hoping they don't get pointed back at us. RollLaugh For the most part though, I think this is more of a player/agent issue than an issue with NCAA basketball. IE - Many more cases of players taking money from agents and those agents hoping those guys sign with them once they go pro as opposed to money being funneled to players to attend cetain colleges.

I wouldn't put him in the top 10. He's had some stacked teams and has no final 4's on his resume.

Two years ago he was cracking Top 10s and that's would've been the during these recruitment.

https://athlonsports.com/college-basketball/ranking-top-50-college-basketball-coaches-2015-16

That's not exactly what people consider a small time coach. It's not K, Cal, Izzo, Williams, Self but Sean Miller was on the next tier in terms of big time coaches a few years ago.

Last edited:
How bad a coach is Miller? Paying players and still losing to the likes of Wisconsin (clean program) yearly in the tournament.

Reactions: jwardelt
I have seen 1 Duke game from start to finish in the last 2 years and that was the UF game. My interest in Duke is incredibly low. You just can’t convince me that Duke is getting these kids for free in a world where other guys are getting paid 100k.
Getting paid because it' the only way some schools can get kids.

How bad a coach is Miller? Paying players and still losing to the likes of Wisconsin (clean program) yearly in the tournament.

Imagine if Bo Ryan cheated? Wisconsin would be the Alabama of college basketball.

Imagine if Bo Ryan cheated? Wisconsin would be the Alabama of college basketball.
I actually think cheating would've been detrimental to a guy like Ryan. You ain't paying for lanky, unathletic white kids and they were his bread and butter. That and having veteran teams were the reasons he succeeded. Cheating takes away all that.

Reactions: RonEJones
Any fan of a blue blood or power 5 program that thinks their program is clean at this point is being naive. Kentucky, Kansas, UNC, Duke, etc etc are complicit. Sit back and enjoy the fireworks, this is going to be good.

Yep and this morning's releasing of the names of players receiving money was nothing compared to what's dangerously close to being released to the general public. Talk about an uncomfortable feeling. Most of us should be holding our collective breath that our coaches aren't involved on those tapes.
K is like Paulie from Goodfellas, he doesn't talk on the phone.

ADVERTISEMENT