ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Miller

Welcome Zona fans!............Again! Except you aint got no proof for our previous coach!

Reactions: wesr
oL2owqa.gifv
oL2owqa.gifv

Look at the email. Talks about a "Malik" taking a deal with Nike......Talks about plenty of other deals. Who are all of these kids?

Reactions: uncfan in ky
In the span of about 10 minutes Sean Miller's career as a coach just came crumbling down and Archie's Hoosiers lost on what was effectively a buzzer beater 3 in double OT on senior night. Ouch.

Reactions: heelpharm and JRMSU
Keeping my mouth shut till all is clear for KU. Arizona had to be bidding against someone and the only one else recruiting Ayton was KU. Of the 3 players mentioned so far in bidding wars were Bowen, Nassir Little, and Ayton. Arizona involved heavily in all 3.

Praying KU not involved but would be very surprised if they weren't.

Keeping my mouth shut till all is clear for KU. Arizona had to be bidding against someone and the only one else recruiting Ayton was KU. Of the 3 players mentioned so far in bidding wars were Bowen, Nassir Little, and Ayton. Arizona involved heavily in all 3.

Joel Embiid was paid. It’s why he signed a shoe deal with Addidas as soon as he left KU. People at UF thought he was theirs.

Reactions: mufootball1

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000

Is there any doubt Duke is paying kids? If Aynton is getting 100k then am I supposed to assume Zion and Barrett are getting nothing? Please..
I have seen 1 Duke game from start to finish in the last 2 years and that was the UF game. My interest in Duke is incredibly low. You just can’t convince me that Duke is getting these kids for free in a world where other guys are getting paid 100k.

Some kids just like being part of the "Brotherhood!"

Reactions: Matt Laurer
Joel Embiid was paid. It’s why he signed a shoe deal with Addidas as soon as he left KU. People at UF thought he was theirs.

There's a very good chance that a majority of the 4,000+ wiretaps the FBI has will be enough to effectively bring down every major team in the each of the power 5 conferences. Hoping like hell KU's not involved with the wire tapped calls but if I'm being 100% honest with myself, I'm not so sure anymore.

UK hasn't been landing top recruits since before the FBI probe began, so I feel comfortable. Laughing I bet Capel's butt is puckered though.

I doubt it. If something comes out with Duke blatantly buying players then fine. Until then I’ll sit back and read your Capel hot takes with as much seriousness as I read Cal takes.

Reactions: denniden and tw3301
UK hasn't been landing top recruits since before the FBI probe began, so I feel comfortable. Laughing I bet Capel's butt is puckered though.

Wait? I thought y'all had the No. 1-2 recruiting class the past three years? And Bam!

Wait? I thought y'all had the No. 1-2 recruiting class the past three years? And Bam!
Lacking top 5 players. Bam doesn't bother me either. That sounds a hell of a lot more like a rogue agent trying to lock up clients than anything concerning pay-for-play college basketball. This is not the same as the Bowden/Ayton stuff, IMO.

Lacking top 5 players. Bam doesn't bother me either. That sounds a hell of a lot more like a rogue agent trying to lock up clients than anything concerning pay-for-play college basketball. This is not the same as the Bowden/Ayton stuff, IMO.

As you can see, top 5 players aren't the only ones getting paid.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
One would think that Arizona is in the process of scheduling a news conference to announce Miller and the player's suspension for the remainder of the season.

At this rate wouldn't surprise me.

I'm at the point where I wish the FBI would release the knowledge of the 4,000+ wire taps along with the info regarding the shoe companies (Adidas and so on) so we can figure out how bad this really is. Hopefully after that, find a way to piece things back together and move on.....however the hell that's going to happen. The race to get the nations top 5 star recruits has turned into a bidding war. Even if a top coach didn't get one of the top targets, chances are those same coaches were involved a high bidding war just to sway the player.

I would go with the Bam allegations all occurred as a NC State recruit.

Laughing

All of this info is coming out from just one agency. Other agencies are doing the same. Fun times
We are talking about 2 very different things though: One concerns agents paying players or doing them favors in hopes of retaining them as clients when they go pro. The other is blatant payment of players to steer them to certain colleges. Big time difference, at least in terms of NCAA ramifications.

Reactions: tw3301 and klize17
ADVERTISEMENT