ADVERTISEMENT

Scotty Pippin vs Dominique Wilkins

Scotty Pippin vs Dominique Wilkins Better player?

• Total voters
Pippen was a lock down defender and still put up good offensive numbers. Loved Dominique since he was a prep star here in NC but Pippen was the better all around player.

I'm all in on 'Nique here. He at times could almost win a game by himself. Plus, he was my guy growing up so I'm a little biased.

How many titles does Jordan have if you replace Pippen with an average player?

Nique was a more gifted talent and a better scorer. Pippen was a better player at everything else. Though Nique had the finisher cut throat mentality Pippen never possessed. Wilkins is closer to what Jordan could do scorer than Pippen ever was.

Scorching take there. Lol.

'93 Bulls with Jordan. 57-25.
'94 Bulls without Jordan. 55-27.
93 they could win a title and 94 they couldn't. Regular season means less than the playoffs when discussing greatness.

Nique was a more gifted talent and a better scorer. Pippen was a better player at everything else. Though Nique had the finisher cut throat mentality Pippen never possessed. Wilkins is closer to what Jordan could do scorer than Pippen ever was.
What did Dominique ever win?

Reactions: olsonab
93 they could win a title and 94 they couldn't. Regular season means less than the playoffs when discussing greatness.
Sure, but to act like Pip was some backup dancer is a joke. He lost the best player in the world and still had a hell of a season. Would Jordan have won without Pip? He never did, so I'll say no.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
What did Dominique ever win?
Nothing because he was getting beat by better Celtics and Sixers teams during his prime. Nique holds the record for most points in a game 7 in playoff history and him and Bird had some great duels. Bird just had a better team.

What did Barkley , Malone , Ewing , Stockton , Baylor , or Gervin? Are they any less great? Nique was always the guy in ATL and he never had anyone as good as Pippen to back him up.

Sure, but to act like Pip was some backup dancer is a joke. He lost the best player in the world and still had a hell of a season. Would Jordan have won without Pip? He never did, so I'll say no.
Pippen had #1 talent just not #1 between the ears. I mean Kukoc was more ready to take lat gamer shots than Pippen was when Jordan was gone.

Nothing because he was getting beat by better Celtics and Sixers teams during his prime. Nique holds the record for most points in a game 7 in playoff history and him and Bird had some great duels. Bird just had a better team.

What did Barkley , Malone , Ewing , Stockton , Baylor , or Gervin? Are they any less great? Nique was always the guy in ATL and he never had anyone as good as Pippen to back him up.

So you’re saying number of titles doesn’t always mean someone is better than another player with less titles??

Shocker.

Pippen, without Jordan, still led them to a first round victory and lost in game 7 of the 2nd round in 94. Then in 95 led them to first round victory before losing 2nd round to the Magic.

Wilkins never advanced further than the 2nd round in his career. Pippen matched that, without Jordan.

Playing in this day and era, yes. They would have beaten Jordan's best Bulls team.
That Harper , Jordan , Pippen , Rodman group would be the toughest defense Curry , Thompson , Durant and Green would have ever faced.

That Harper , Jordan , Pippen , Rodman group would be the toughest defense Curry , Thompson , Durant and Green would have ever faced.
And I would argue Curry, Thompson, Durant, and Green would be the greatest offense MJ and Co had to face, and it wouldn't even be close. The Bulls would have to adjust to the current rules, remember, so that means they would have to figure out how to defend the three like they never have before. I think it would be a war, and under any other circumstance, I wouldn't bet against MJ. But I think the W's would take it.

That team wouldn't know how to defend Curry, Thompson and Durant shooting from wherever on the floor. The game was completely different 25 years ago. So were certain rules. Hard to compare teams that far apart.

ADVERTISEMENT