ADVERTISEMENT

***Round of 64 - Friday Games Thread***

Lost a sweet 16 team with osu but other than them I’m looking good in my bracket

Don’t know why big men don’t use the backboard and bank it in more when close. Jesus go what Bill Walton shoot 21-22 vs Memphis in the NC game way back. Clinic

Ew3p-_UWYAYS_vz

Ah memories!
Florida got an "easier" draw to the Elite8 in both 2012 & 2013;
- in 2012, UF defeated Norfolk St to go to the SW16, then lost to Rick Pitino's Louisville in the E8.
- in 2013, UF beat Florida GC in a SW16 game, then lost to Belein's Michigan in the E8.

This time in 2021, #7 Florida gets 15 seed Oral Roberts rather than #2 Ohio St.

Oral Roberts will be another feisty, mid-major that's similar to the previous ones that UF played.

I mean, Florida could have had more 'glamerous' match-ups against the 2 seeds (Ohio St, Georgetown, Missour)
but those mid-majors who have defeated the 2 seeds have EARNED their way into the RD32.

Sometimes, it's better to be also a little lucky than to be just good.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
With UT out and North Carolina following soon Kansas is the only team left I want to lose. Hopefully they'll hurry up so I can be a full neutral for this tournament.

Jesus....somebody for UNc better guard #34! Kids going crazy!

Since winning his first legit title in 2017, Roy Williams has suffered 3 straight blowout losses when his UNC tarheels were eliminated from the tournament. In all these 3 games they were down big at the half and these games were over halfway into the 2nd half. This is embarrassment, and just like Tom Izzo, Roy Williams’ March magic is no longer working.

Florida tends to get lucky draws in the tournament, but on the other hand they are very good at taking care of their business. After all, you wont be in the position to capitalize such a huge opportunity if you cant win your first round matchups. For any bracket challengers, Florida against a weaker and mid major opponent is usually a safe pick.

All six of the CBS pundits picked against the Gators as well as Joe Lunardi at ESPN:
Garry Parrish, Jerry Palm, and others.
That's some bad karma right there.

Well, after an up & down SEC season, Florida won their opening round and have a great chance at the Sweet16.
Anything else is gravy!

Since winning his first legit title in 2017, Roy Williams has suffered 3 straight blowout losses when his UNC tarheels were eliminated from the tournament. In all these 3 games they were down big at the half and these games were over halfway into the 2nd half. This is embarrassment, and just like Tom Izzo, Roy Williams’ March magic is no longer working.

Are you going to tell us who your team is or do you just plan to tell us the history of every other team?

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Well, that sucked. GG Wisconsin. I wish we would have showed up so you could have played someone with a pulse. Pathetic effort.

Gotta give North Texas credit. They don't look like a team from a one-bid conference. You take the name of the jerseys and I would think I'm watching two power conference programs

ADVERTISEMENT