ADVERTISEMENT

***Round of 64 - Friday Games Thread***

I was thinking that since all these games are being played in B1G country that might give them an advantage but it doesn't seem to be the case.

SDSU legit looks like they’ve never seen a zone before

They’ve missed some open looks. They’ll start hitting them. Cuse needs to find some consistent offense other than nailing contested threes.

We won’t run away with this. I’m worried it will get called tighter in the 2nd half and SDSU will get back in it at the line and with our ‘bigs’ on the bench with foul trouble.

Reactions: jhmossy
They’ve missed some open looks. They’ll start hitting them. Cuse needs to find some consistent offense other than nailing contested threes.

We won’t run away with this. I’m worried it will get called tighter in the 2nd half and SDSU will get back in it at the line and with our ‘bigs’ on the bench with foul trouble.

Buddy’s been amazing lately. He getting laid?

For some reason Syracuse has been a very good tournament team since moving to ACC. Their regular season records have taken a major hit, but they've pulled off quite a few upsets as 10-11th seeds whenever they made it to the tournament. Apparently no one wants to play the pesky Oranges in March, you never know what they are capable of.

For some reason Syracuse has been a very good tournament team since moving to ACC. Their regular season records have taken a major hit, but they've pulled off quite a few upsets as 10-11th seeds whenever they made it to the tournament. Apparently no one wants to play the pesky Oranges in March, you never know what they are capable of.

I’m convinced they do this on purpose.

The move to the ACC coincided with the NCAA’s sanctions for college kids smoking weed and Fab Melo not speaking English. That killed Cuse’s recruiting. We’ve relied heavily on transfers. It takes a while to learn the zone, so it doesn’t run on all cylinders until February, after racking up losses. When Cuse sneaks in to the tournament they’re a different team than the team that lost the first 2/3rds of however many games they lost.

That, and ACC teams have more time to prepare for the zone and more familiarity with it. NCAAT opponents don’t usually have that luxury.

It’s a bold prediction to pick a 14th seed to make it to the sweet 16. I admire your courage but I would never do this in a bracket challenge.

Reactions: fluoxetine
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT