***Round of 64 - Friday Games Thread***

jumping-out-of-window.gif

my favorite games of the day....

Loyola vs Georgia Tech
San Diego State vs Syracuse
Clemson vs Rutgers
Villanova vs Winthrop
Texas Tech vs Utah State

How did it feel rooting for Duke two years ago?

I was fine with whatever outcome because I knew UVA would win it all. But watching Ahmed Hill blow that point blank shot to send the game to OT was incredibly satisfying for me as a UVA fan

Reactions: dukedevilz
Florida is a team that rarely gets upset in the NCAA tournament. UNC, UK and Florida are usually safe picks to win the first round, and I don’t see things will be any different this year.

Florida does indeed have an excellent track record in the 1st Round. They've won their last 7 opening round games. Most previous first round loss came in 2010 to the Jimmer. Only other time they lost this century was to Manhattan in 2004. IIRC, it seems like Donovan got really peeved after a report asked him a silly question after that loss.

• Love
Reactions: rdgtr and jhmossy
Florida does indeed have an excellent track record in the 1st Round. They've won their last 7 opening round games. Most previous first round loss came in 2010 to the Jimmer. Only other time they lost this century was to Manhattan in 2004. IIRC, it seems like Donovan got really peeved after a report asked him a silly question after that loss.

Yeah and I think theres a good reason why some teams and coaches rarely lose in the first round. Roy Williams also has never lost in the first round, while UK stays perfect in the first round too under John Calipari. Of course I wont say it will stay this way forever but odds are you dont want to bet against them if you are playing the tourney pick'em. There are much safer upset choices to make if you want a good chance to win.

Yeah and I think theres a good reason why some teams and coaches rarely lose in the first round. Roy Williams also has never lost in the first round, while UK stays perfect in the first round too under John Calipari. Of course I wont say it will stay this way forever but odds are you dont want to bet against them if you are playing the tourney pick'em. There are much safer upset choices to make if you want a good chance to win.

So we're not counting the first round of the NIT?

Anybody think Oregon State gives the Vols a game today??

It's hard to dismiss Oregon State's three wins over UCLA, Oregon, and Colorado in the P12 tournament. That was a really impressive string of wins. Having said that, they shot the ball incredibly well and Tennessee has a top 5 defense. I think this game is more dependent on if Tennessee brings their A or B game. If they bring at least their B game, I think Tennessee should win semi-comfortably. Maybe 8-12 points.

Reactions: duckboy33

I wouldn't think this would be a material loss, as Zed Key is a reliable backup. Still noteworthy. Hopefully he'll be able to return for the 2nd Round, provided OSU is able to advance.

Strangely enough, the odds were Florida -1.5 a few hours ago and suddenly its VT -1.5, I wonder what happened?
Most places have had VT -1 for a few days. Exceptions are Draft Kings and Treasure Island. Not sure what happened with Treasure Island, but Draft Kings updates their spread faster than anywhere. Just today they've gone back and forth a few times, to balance out the action.

Anyone have something fun planned for today?

Or are you all social distancing in isolation, in your mom's basement?

VT seems to be passing extremely well for a team that's played so little over the last month.

The day will open with #7 UF taking on #10 VT

VT has not won a game in the NCAA tourney against a single digit seed since 1996

#9 VT beat #8 Green Bay before getting waxed by #1 UK
I'm pulling for UF unless they play Payne and if they do that I hope they get stomped by 50 pts.

This is fluoxetine's moment of redemption.

He can simultaneously flip the bird to the Arkansas fan who posts nothing but "No, Arkansas, list is shit" every week, plus everybody who laughed at Colgate's ranking.

I think Colgate at #14 is underseeded, they deserve 12-13th seed. With this being said, Arkansas aint as good a team as the committee thought either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT