ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo

This is where I'm at; it seems kind of risky to load the gym with people you probably are 90% composed of a certain fanbase only to announce elsewhere. In the current climate we're in it only takes one nut to blow the lid off of what should be a crowning moment for a lot of parties.
I think it would be awesome to commit to Mack and UL.

If not, IU people are reasonable in large masses.

This is where I'm at; it seems kind of risky to load the gym with people you probably are 90% composed of a certain fanbase only to announce elsewhere. In the current climate we're in it only takes one nut to blow the lid off of what should be a crowning moment for a lot of parties.

First it was he didn't announce early so he didn't get booed and heckled by IU fans all year. Now they're inviting them all into the gym while he picks someone other than Indiana.

First it was he didn't announce early so he didn't get booed and heckled by IU fans all year. Now they're inviting them all into the gym while he picks someone other than Indiana.
Seriously, is there any legitimate reason he'd pick Vandy or KU over IU?

There's a few but nothing substantial. He's known Bryce Drew the longest of the 3. Kansas gives him best chance to get to an elite 8 or knocked out 1st rd by a 15 seed. Indiana is still the best decision IMO, plenty of PT, builds his brand, Archie teaches him how to play D, have a pretty good core group coming back.

I think it would be awesome to commit to Mack and UL.

If not, IU people are reasonable in large masses.

I don't think there are two Louisville fans who think Romeo Langford has had anything more than even polite interest in UofL since September. He'll go down in the annals of UofL fandom with Allan Houston in the "What If?" category.

I don't think there are two Louisville fans who think Romeo Langford has had anything more than even polite interest in UofL since September. He'll go down in the annals of UofL fandom with Allan Houston in the "What If?" category.
Where you put Rajon Rondo?

Where you put Rajon Rondo?

We went to a Final Four without him in the two years he was at UK; that isn't remotely in the same category as Allan Houston or the impact of losing an already signed Allan Houston and his Dad in one fell swoop. The Houstons also had and have the distinction of being class personified and you can't put a price on that; Rondo was kind of Ass personified and still remains that way.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
We went to a Final Four without him in the two years he was at UK; that isn't remotely in the same category as Allan Houston or the impact of losing an already signed Allan Houston and his Dad in one fell swoop. The Houstons also had and have the distinction of being class personified and you can't put a price on that; Rondo was kind of Ass personified and still remains that way.
Derek Anderson?

If he wants to play in the NCAA tournament he’d go to Kansas. Just by looking at how those other schools did this past season I’m not sure they’ll be much more than a bubble team next year.

ooooo man that's some bait right there.
What do you mean? Indiana and Vanderbilt both lose like 13-16 games a year on a regular basis. What’s changed? I really don’t follow either program but I don’t recall anybody believing that either team is suddenly supposed to be a 25 win team next season.

Let's sum up Allan Houston this way. He is 2nd all-time in SEC scoring. Only Pistol Pete--whose scoring achievements will never realistically be challenged--exceeds his 2800+ plus points. You have that kind of production in the SEC at a time when it was a pretty deep league; it had Shaq at LSU, Alabama was really good back then with Wimp Sanderson, Kentucky just started coming off of probation, Arkansas came into the league I think Houston's last two years. Four years of Allan Houston was a serious setback for Louisville's program at the time.

Derek Anderson was probably from the last really deep talent pool in Jefferson Co. that included Dejuan Wheat, Jason Osborne who was a McDonald's AA and a couple star crossed kids including someone known to those only locally in Fairdale's Carlos Turner who was deemed as the best of the bunch as an underclassmen but had a prison term in his future. Louisville did pretty well without Derek but probably falls into the Rondo category of Louisville kid who felt slighted by the Louisville staff.

Last edited:
What do you mean? Indiana and Vanderbilt both lose like 13-16 games a year on a regular basis. What’s changed? I really don’t follow either program but I don’t recall anybody believing that either team is suddenly supposed to be a 25 win team next season.
With Romeo, IU is in the tournament no quesiton. He's exactly what was missing.

Hear that Romeo? You're exactly what's missing from a potential 6 seed!

If the only thing his decision depended on was winning, he would have never cut Duke, UNC etc. Its a business decision. He is going to get solid coaching no matter where he goes. He has built a brand/following that the state hasn't seen in a long time. Indiana is the smart business choice.

If the only thing his decision depended on was winning, he would have never cut Duke, UNC etc. Its a business decision. He is going to get solid coaching no matter where he goes. He has built a brand/following that the state hasn't seen in a long time. Indiana is the smart business choice.
How many players has Archie Miller sent to the NBA? Wouldn’t the “smart business decision” be going to the school whose coach sends guys there every year?

How many players has Archie Miller sent to the NBA? Wouldn’t the “smart business decision” be going to the school whose coach sends guys there every year?
He'd be able to start his own legacy and be the trailblazer for more high profile recruits going to Indiana like Kyrie Irving was for Duke and John Wall was for UK.

College basketball will be better once Indiana is a title contender again. I'm cheering for all the non-UNC blue bloods to be consistently good. It's good for the sport.

You're really going to compare the recruits Self gets at Kansas to what Archie was working with at Dayton? Come on now.

Reactions: klize17
Google Ed Schilling
No

He'd be able to start his own legacy and be the trailblazer for more high profile recruits going to Indiana like Kyrie Irving was for Duke and John Wall was for UK.

College basketball will be better once Indiana is a title contender again. I'm cheering for all the non-UNC blue bloods to be consistently good. It's good for the sport.
Not disagreeing.

You're really going to compare the recruits Self gets at Kansas to what Archie was working with at Dayton? Come on now.
Of course not but he said the smart business decision would be to choose Indiana. I just think it’s a smarter business decision to go with the school and coach that is top 5 every year while sending 1 or more guys to the NBA. Miller very well could be on Self’s level in a few years but he’s not right now.

Reactions: TheWizardofOz12
No

Not disagreeing.

Of course not but he said the smart business decision would be to choose Indiana. I just think it’s a smarter business decision to go with the school and coach that is top 5 every year while sending 1 or more guys to the NBA. Miller very well could be on Self’s level in a few years but he’s not right now.

Continue to be ignorant then

He already said the FBI thing didn't change anything in his recruitment. Of course, all jayhawk fans are trying to play that angle.
He’s just playing nice. There’s no angle to be played, here. Of course, you think that there is.

Simply want him to pick someone other than Indiana to witness the meltdown.
I’m an IU fan and I can honestly say the state may burn down if he chooses someone other than IU at this point. If we wouldn’t have gotten so iinvolved, it wouldn’t have been a big deal. Everyone expects it now that he’s opened it up to the public. It’s going to be filled with IU fans. If he chooses someone else, it would be the meltdown of all meltdowns! Lol.

Reactions: KisteK

Well, let's see...

Virtual guarantee to start and be a star on a team with a legit chance to win its league, league tourney, and the national title? Play in the best and loudest arena in the country? For one of the top coaches and be seen on ESPN practically every game?

No...can't think of any.

Last edited:
Well, let's see...

Virtual guarantee to start and be a star on a team with a legit chance to win its league, league tourney, and the national title? Play in the best and loudest arena in the country? For one of the top coaches and be seen on ESPN practically every game?

No...can't think of any.

To the bold...

giphy.gif

Assembly Hall and it isn’t 1984, every game is on TV

Self is a great coach that’s for sure. I also think IU will be in contention for its league and league tourney title with Romeo. You got IU on the national title but see my post above regarding if this was all about winning in college.

Reactions: Ameoba Offense
I really feel like if he chooses KU or Vandy, he's going to be booed at his own announcement lol. I can't help but think how negative 4500 IU fans reactions would be thinking he's going to IU

I really feel like if he chooses KU or Vandy, he's going to be booed at his own announcement lol. I can't help but think how negative 4500 IU fans reactions would be thinking he's going to IU

There are a couple of folks driving from a far distance for it. It’s sad but people would for sure boo.

Reactions: theetommyt
To the bold...

giphy.gif

Assembly Hall and it isn’t 1984, every game is on TV

Self is a great coach that’s for sure. I also think IU will be in contention for its league and league tourney title with Romeo. You got IU on the national title but see my post above regarding if this was all about winning in college.

It's a solid atmosphere but it's not Allen Fieldhouse.

KU has waaaaay more ESPN games. About 6 times as many people watch ESPN as BTN.

No one said it's all about winning. There could be a zillion things he didn't like about the other top schools. But if he's being honest with himself....it's a pretty obvious choice. Unless he's being pulled toward the home school by family. In which case, he can be the next Trae Young. Eke into the tourney, get less national recognition than he deserves because his team is mediocre, and go nowhere in March.

Oh, but everybody in Indiana will be happy.

Oh wait....Lawrence will be too. And probably cheer even louder. Hm.

No one said it's all about winning. There could be a zillion things he didn't like about the other top schools. But if he's being honest with himself....it's a pretty obvious choice. Unless he's being pulled toward the home school by family. In which case, he can be the next Trae Young. Eke into the tourney, get less national recognition than he deserves because his team is mediocre, and go nowhere in March.

Oh wait....Lawrence will be too. And probably cheer even louder. Hm.

giphy.gif

You literally don’t know anything about this recruitment. That is fine just don’t act like you do.

You still are worried about TV exposure, so you don’t know much about 2018 recruiting.

Assembly Hall is a Top 5 atmosphere in college basketball so it’s on the same level. Both venues have the capability of being the best in the sport on certain game days.

Look Kansas is a great program. I know this. I personally think the choice is going to be Indiana based on a few factors and his decision to open up his decision to the public. Romeo Langford will be a lottery pick in the 2019 draft no matter where he goes. He is a great kid from a great family. I won’t be mad if he decides to choose another school, but I don’t think he will.

Last edited:

Oh wait....Lawrence will be too. And probably cheer even louder. Hm.[/QUOTE
As down as IU has been their program is still more valuable. At the very least Allen Fieldhouse and Assembly Hall are comparable. Oh and by the way 5>3.

Clearly his decision to open it to the public would seem to indicate it's Indiana. But the notion from several here that Indiana somehow offers him more than KU is hilarious. He'd be close to home. That's where it begins and ends. 5>3? Yeah, I'm sure that ranks highly in Romeo's priorities. Especially given that KU's been far and away the better program throughout his life.

People have said that Indiana fans are delusional, but I rarely see one so I couldn't confirm it til now. Laughing

Clearly his decision to open it to the public would seem to indicate it's Indiana. But the notion from several here that Indiana somehow offers him more than KU is hilarious. He'd be close to home. That's where it begins and ends. 5>3? Yeah, I'm sure that ranks highly in Romeo's priorities. Especially given that KU's been far and away the better program throughout his life.

People have said that Indiana fans are delusional, but I rarely see one so I couldn't confirm it til now. Laughing
Nobody is arguing that Kansas is the better program right now. I wouldn't blame him one bit for choosing Kansas, they are a great program. Bill Self is one of the best coaches of all time. That being said with the right coach there is no reason IU can't be right there with them.

Romeo very well might pick somewhere else, but opening it up to the public either indicates that he's picking IU, or in one of the most savage moves ever, he invites a room full of IU fans to tell them he's committing elsewhere. Either way it's going to be interesting.

Last edited:

If you think that is the only benefit of Romeo choosing Indiana over Kansas you are the delusional one. I am sure that playing on ESPN over ESPN/BTN/FS1 is also a top priority because of all that extra publicity that he already has.

We can agree to disagree. One of Indiana, Kansas or Vandy will get a great player in a couple of weeks. All programs will move on either way.

Call me a pessimist, but I'm still not sold he's going to IU. And even if he does, why drag the decision for so long? The rumors and excuses of this and that are endless. If he's this indecisive, IU is his last resort of the three. IMO

Call me a pessimist, but I'm still not sold he's going to IU. And even if he does, why drag the decision for so long? The rumors and excuses of this and that are endless. If he's this indecisive, IU is his last resort of the three. IMO

Just a guess on my part but I think the 30th was chosen because the IndyStar is announcing Mr Basketball on the 29th, which officially closes the IHSAA season. He's a lead pipe lock to win and I think this will essentially be his 'thank you' and 'good bye' to New Albany fans, and vice versa. It's as much a community ceremony as an announcement. Given the atmosphere, I think the crowd will be supportive regardless of choice, although much less enthusiastic if it's not IU.

Reactions: Upset Alert
ADVERTISEMENT