ADVERTISEMENT

***Rivals Bracket Challenge 2024***

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
Who’s in? I don’t think we put money on it last year, but I’m open to free if that is easiest. Who’s in? I’ll give everyone until Wednesday night to put their name in the hat.

Let’s go bitches

jarry-hello.gif

I think free is best unless we're doing something like 25 bucks which I doubt many want to. Mossy did that a few years back.

Last place should get an avatar for a month or so as a gag kinda thing.

I'm in. We can do money if everyone wants. Just let me know how much. I may already be signed up. On ESPN I'm already in one called Rivals Hoops. IDK

If free is easiest for everyone that’s fine. Whatever you guys wanna do
just do it for free. Winning the title and being known for a year as the most knowledgeable CBB poster on the board is victory enough. Plus getting everyone to pay through Venmo is inevitably going to lead to some people not paying. Not worth the hassle or aggravation.

I post this knowing full well that for some of you this is your only chance to claim income this year.

How many want to do a paid one? We could organize something else with a higher buy-in

You’re doing God’s work, Jimbo. Whatever the paid fee is fine with me. I’m fine with going small, or a figure that’ll expedite my slow descent into darkness when I inevitably lose, both sound fun.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I mentioned I think the winner should just give us their Venmo/paypal/cash app and everyone can send it to them directly. If you join the paid league and don’t pay out to the winner in the end, you’re banned from any bracket challenges going forward.

But I’m open to whatever

Are we having someone hold the funds?

(I like how I say we like I’ve provided anything)

The last time we did a paid one I believe Mossy held the money via PayPal. Ideally that works but even if you get like 10 entries at 25 bucks some people would steal $250 so who holds everything? Also not a fan of the honor system in terms of paying after either.

I mentioned I think the winner should just give us their Venmo/paypal/cash app and everyone can send it to them directly. If you join the paid league and don’t pay out to the winner in the end, you’re banned from any bracket challenges going forward.

But I’m open to whatever

anyone who doesn't pay should also have to change their avatar to some sort of scarlet letter type of thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
The last time we did a paid one I believe Mossy held the money via PayPal. Ideally that works but even if you get like 10 entries at 25 bucks some people would steal $250 so who holds everything? Also not a fan of the honor system in terms of paying after either.
I wonder how much interest he earned on that...

• Haha
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
growing up and into my mid 30s I was always the guy in the friend group who was in charge of holding the drugs all week till it was time to party on the weekend. I think I'm probably the most qualified to do the job.

I can do whatever in terms of paying. I can't imagine the sort of loser that wouldn't pay up, but to be fair there are two people from the UNC off topic board who still owe me 20 from a bracket challenge I won years ago. So if I lose this one, which I will, I'll just give you their names and you can collect.

ADVERTISEMENT