ADVERTISEMENT

RIP ESPN

I am talking into the final 4.

Kansas, Kentucky, duke, and North Carolina are the top 4 espn favorites.

They'll give ham-fisted short segment commentary about 3 of the 4 teams. They still love them some Izzo and MSU, even though they hate the BTN. I'm assuming they'll rely on their corresponding SECN guys to help them with Auburn stories.

As an Iowa fan, I know exactly how they handle things when they're forced to talk about a team they didn't expect (or want) to talk about....SmokinSmile

From a neutral fans point of view, I hope it will be UVA vs MSU, or at least one of the two will win. Auburn vs Texas Tech will be hard to watch and I may take nap till the final minute of the game just to see who wins the game.

Reactions: j-doolsheels
From a neutral fans point of view, I hope it will be UVA vs MSU, or at least one of the two will win. Auburn vs Texas Tech will be hard to watch and I may take nap till the final minute of the game just to see who wins the game.
Meh. That's old school mentality though.

The meta way of thinking is "who cares" if you have two good guys fighting for the title.

Why do you need a heel or even two heels going for the title?

What's wrong with face vs face?

Btw, here's how the matchups work:

2 Michigan State (Heel) vs 3 Texas Tech (Face)

5 Auburn (Face) vs 1 Virginia (Heel)

Kansas was in no way shape or form a favorite this year.

Most considered them early round fodder
He's saying ESPN slurps those 4 teams, but that is far from the truth. They have sucked off Duke and Zion daily since November 6th.

Kansas and Kentucky weren’t getting that treatment at all. UNC got a little of it, but not much.

I wonder if they'll split screen Zion at home in his mansion on his couch during the FF.

Last edited:
what will they cover now?
Lebron, Dallas Cowboys, Final Four Weekend, Lebron, NFL Draft, NBA Draft, Lebron, NBA Playoffs, NBA Finals, Dallas Cowboys, Lebron's Twitter account, NBA off season Trade Action, NFL training camp, Tim Tebow's minor league progress, Johnny Football AAF news and don't forget Tiger Woods and Lebron.

He's saying ESPN slurps those 4 teams, but that is far from the truth. They have sucked off Duke and Zion daily since November 6th.

Kansas and Kentucky weren’t getting that treatment at all. UNC got a little of it, but not much.

I wonder if they'll split screen Zion at home in his mansion on his couch during the FF.

I am talking on a yearl basis over the last 25 years. The four programs I referenced have all gotten plenty of free air time. Most of it was deserved though.

I am talking on a yearl basis over the last 25 years. The four programs I referenced have all gotten plenty of free air time. Most of it was deserved though.
Well yeah, those are the programs that have gone all in on basketball.

When it comes to football, Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Auburn, Florida, Auburn etc… get all the press, but during cbb, the blue bloods get more time on espn than the programs that are only good every once in a while.

But this year, ESPN went all in on Duke and Zion. It was disgusting to watch.

Last edited:

When it comes to football, Alabama, Clemdon, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Auburn, Florida, Auburn etc… get all the press, but during cbb, the blue bloods get more time on espn than the programs that are only good every once in a while.

Yeah, I’m not a Duke hater by any means and respect the hell out of K, but it was extremely blatant this year IMO.

When it comes to football, Alabama, Clemdon, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Auburn, Florida, Auburn etc… get all the press, but during cbb, the blue bloods get more time on espn than the programs that are only good every once in a while.

I can agree with this. Wasn’t just espn either. CBS even had the Zion cam

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

The meta way of thinking is "who cares" if you have two good guys fighting for the title.

Meta? What’s with them new 20 dollar words?

Honestly, it might just be because you're inside that bubble since you're a fan....but I'd be willing to bet that if you asked every college basketball fan that wasn't a fan of those teams the overwhelming majority would agree about those 4. Now, I'm not saying they love UK or Kansas as much as Duke....shit my own mom doesn't like me as much as ESPN loves duke... but it's those 4 teams and then a very distant gap to the next group.

But not sure why that wouldn't be expected if I take my IU glasses off. Those 4 teams have been consistently great year in and year out. Plus, they're all bluebloods with a huge fanbase. It's a no brainer for them to get the majority of the attention imo.

Vince would book it MSU vs UVA and give the title to MSU.

That depends.

Vince still believes in the traditional heel vs face concept for title matches, but he also buys into the match that will generate the most interest/money.

Meanwhile Triple H books Shinsuke Nakumura vs Sami Zayn in NXT. Or Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream.

I'm here for like AJ Styles vs Ricochet just because I want to see it. Not AJ Styles loses to Randy Orton.

Last edited:
Meanwhile Triple H books Shinsuke Nakumura vs Sami Zayn in NXT. Or Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream.

I'm here for like AJ Styles vs Ricochet just because I want to see it. Not AJ Styles loses to Randy Orton.
Yeah NXT is the best brand right now.

Ricochet is not "officially" on the main roster yet, so that match will have to wait (at least for a little while longer.....). Him and Black are basically there for exposure (because Vince). They still had to do the Dusty Tag Team Classic. They'll be full-time main roster after Mania.

Also, I think Styles wins at Mania. I don't think he's lost yet. Perhaps that's something they build a bit over the next few years (not to the level of the Undertaker as AJ is already in his 40s, but they could build around a new streak).

Reactions: TechFan88
ADVERTISEMENT