ADVERTISEMENT

RIP ESPN

He's saying ESPN slurps those 4 teams, but that is far from the truth. They have sucked off Duke and Zion daily since November 6th.

Kansas and Kentucky weren’t getting that treatment at all. UNC got a little of it, but not much.

I wonder if they'll split screen Zion at home in his mansion on his couch during the FF.
Kyjeff, you are correct.

It was a Duke fest for the bulk of the year. There were prayer services at ESPN when Zion went down. All the College Gamedays revolved around Zion and his injury and then the miraculous recovery and back to dominance the very night of his return. Rece Davis, Jay Williams, Dukie Vitale and Jay Bilas slurp, slurp until you quit watching.

Even the round of 32 and sweet sixteen games that were near losses for Duke were covered as bad luck and the miraculous wins showed the excellence of Duke and not their weakness.

One would think that ESPN was want to be balanced to get as many people turned in as possible, but not this year.

I mean, I want to get on board, but the reason it was so bad this year was due to Zion Williamson being a freak of nature. Look at Anthony Davis at Kentucky... guy went on Jimmy Kimmel at end of season. Money and ratings follow the athletic freaks.

I recently dropped ESPN off my dish programming. It felt so good. I tried to stick around but I never saw the Wolfpack on sportcenter like I used to so it was time. Hope they fail but they are no longer getting my dough so that makes me extremely happy. Carry on, good day to you!

And yet somehow ESPN still thinks everyone cares about UNC/Duke like it's a national holiday every time they play. CBS coverage of Duke/Zion was so biased and made me an even BIGGER Anti-Duke fan.
It was way over the top. Most humans like an even playing surface for all the teams. ESPN and also CBS have chosen sides.

In addition to that look at who they hire. There are a bunch of Syracuse, Duke, North Carolina and a few others that call the games. While there may be one, I am not aware of a Kentucky basketball player in the business. IU's Dan Dakich is there but he really tries to be fair. Many of the talking heads simply don't try to be balanced and we are now to the point, like Vitale and Bilas, are recruiters for Duke.

I love Charles Barkley, but the Auburn shrine the last two weeks is over the top.

It was way over the top. Most humans like an even playing surface for all the teams. ESPN and also CBS have chosen sides.

In addition to that look at who they hire. There are a bunch of Syracuse, Duke, North Carolina and a few others that call the games. While there may be one, I am not aware of a Kentucky basketball player in the business. IU's Dan Dakich is there but he really tries to be fair. Many of the talking heads simply don't try to be balanced and we are now to the point, like Vitale and Bilas, are recruiters for Duke.

I love Charles Barkley, but the Auburn shrine the last two weeks is over the top.
Bert, I like you. But you have to be sipping something good already if you think Bilas is a recruiter for Duke.
And most of Barkley talking up Auburn has more to do with them beating Kenny’s Tar Heels.

Bert, I like you. But you have to be sipping something good already if you think Bilas is a recruiter for Duke.
And most of Barkley talking up Auburn has more to do with them beating Kenny’s Tar Heels.
Bilas has gone from a balanced actor to a bias Duke homer. Sorry. This year he did not make any effort to be balanced.

Barkley was over the top this weekend with his Auburn shrine. If it was only North Carolina then why did he keep the shrine yesterday? Sorry but Charles was biased.

All season Jay Williams, Rece Davis, Bilas and Vitale have been nothing but homers of Duke. To a non-Duke fan it was revolting. I simply quit watching the Gameday shows because of the bias.

On the sipping whisky: I only have so much liver, so I can't start until noon! jumpingsmile

Kyjeff, you are correct.

It was a Duke fest for the bulk of the year. There were prayer services at ESPN when Zion went down. All the College Gamedays revolved around Zion and his injury and then the miraculous recovery and back to dominance the very night of his return. Rece Davis, Jay Williams, Dukie Vitale and Jay Bilas slurp, slurp until you quit watching.

Even the round of 32 and sweet sixteen games that were near losses for Duke were covered as bad luck and the miraculous wins showed the excellence of Duke and not their weakness.

One would think that ESPN was want to be balanced to get as many people turned in as possible, but not this year.
I don't think even Duke fans would argue that ESPN is seriously jonesing on Duke. But Kentucky gets more ESPN love then all but 3, or 4 teams. I think Kansas is the least of the 4, if I had to guess. But, those 4 schools do see the most publicity from not just ESPN, but the media as a whole.

But like I originally said, I'm not sure why this is a big surprise? Those 4 schools have been hands down the top 4 schools of the last 25 years. So, they should get the most publicity. I'd love nothing more then for IU to be apart of those 4 schools...and they definitely do have the potential to join the group again. But, they have to start winning in a serious way again....which hasn't happened on a consistent basis since the 93-94 season.

Kyjeff, you are correct.

Unless ESPN has a sporting event on that I want to watch, I never turn to that crappy channel. Too political, too biased for Duke,and to a certain degree, UNC.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Unless ESPN has a sporting event on that I want to watch, I never turn to that crappy channel. Too political, too biased for Duke,and to a certain degree, UNC.
I am the same way about watching espcnn. Only when that is my only way to see a game. But I think you will find that they are going to give more attention to whatever team happens to have the players that increase ratings. Do you guys seriously not remember the Ben Simmons year? If you only watched espcnn that year, you would think that they had a contract with LSU. I can admit that if I wasn't a Duke fan, I'd be pretty tired of hearing about Zion Williamson. Hell, even as a Duke fan. But espcnn is a business and businesses do what they got to do to make money. Bagley attracted viewers, Williamson attracted viewers. It will be okay. Duke will share some attention with someone else next year.

Most of all Duke games rated in the top 10 on ESPN and yet fans are confused why Duke gets so much love on ESPN? Some smart people out there knows you guys will watch them air a Duke game. Keep watching and keep complaining .

Barkley was over the top this weekend with his Auburn shrine. If it was only North Carolina then why did he keep the shrine yesterday? Sorry but Charles was biased.

All season Jay Williams, Rece Davis, Bilas and Vitale have been nothing but homers of Duke. To a non-Duke fan it was revolting.

I agree with the assessment of ESPN.

I didn’t really mind CB rooting for Auburn. I’m glad they’re enjoying a moment in the sun, unfortunately at UK’s expense. He’s a big fan of Cal’s, they have their lovefest going (Barkley laughed when Cal said “I peed on Barkely’s statue at Auburn.” And Barkley interrupted Cal’s post victory win at AU and jokingly yelled “F John Calipari!” to which they both laughed. jumpingsmile). CB seems like a great guy, and I love watching Kenny Smiff getting roasted by him.

At the end of the day, NASCAR is viewed by 3.5 m every Sunday. ..........

Martinsville drew 2.6m 2 weeks ago, Texas drew 4.5m yesterday. 5 years ago with Gordon Jr and Stewart most races drew 6.5m. Unreal!

ADVERTISEMENT