ADVERTISEMENT

R. J. Davis might be the best guard in the Nation.

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Maybe it's just me but I think he might be the most under rated player in the nation.
He's so much fun to watch.

Maybe it's just me but I think he might be the most under rated player in the nation.
He's so much fun to watch.
He’ll be a first team AA.

Edey
Knecht
Davis
Shead

Last one is tough but I’m guessing Newton.

I was looking on NBAdraft.net and I don't see him listed at all. Reed Sheppard and Dillingham are showing in the lottery, I thought RJ would he first round, or at worst, early 2nd round, but I'm not seeing him. That’s odd.

I was looking on NBAdraft.net and I don't see him listed at all. Reed Sheppard and Dillingham are showing in the lottery, I thought RJ would he first round, or at worst, early 2nd round, but I'm not seeing him. That’s odd.

To slow, too little not athletic.

But he can play.

Great college player.

Dang, I didn't think a guy with those negative qualities could do what he's been doing. I guess I didn’t notice he wasn't fast, or athletic enough.
Seems like a guy that could play in the league to me.

For the NBA.

Lots of players seem that way.

In looking at his stats, he is shooting just under 43% overall from the field, which is basically right in line with his FG percentage from the past two yrs...

In the the games I have seen him play, he is terrific from beyond the arc and creating some space to get his shot off. But because of his height, seems to have trouble finishing inside. Not sure if that aspect of this game will ever improve, but who knows.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Now he sounds honkey.
He's a dog dude. Sheppard

dog-german-shepherd.gif

He'll be ACC POY and very likely 1st Team All-American.

He's had a very productive senior season. Though, if I'm picking a team, I wouldn't hesitate to take Dalton Knecht or Reed Sheppard over him. And probably Jamal Shead, Mark Sears and Tyler Kolek, too.

He'll be ACC POY and very likely 1st Team All-American.

He's had a very productive senior season. Though, if I'm picking a team, I wouldn't hesitate to take Dalton Knecht or Reed Sheppard over him. And probably Jamal Shead, Mark Sears and Tyler Kolek, too.

Yeah, that's all fair. Davis is a fun player, but he can't go get his shot like Knecht and those other three you mentioned are better than Davis in other ways outside of scoring.

Davis can take over any game.

Not sure why ppl are bringing up the NBA. They dismiss the NBA when talking about college players.

Yeah no chance I'm taking Reed Sheppard or Mark Sears over RJ Davis. Davis is a 1st Team All American and as the OP mentioned, the best PG in the country arguably.

1st Team All-American is easy this year:

RJ Davis
Jamal Shead
Tristan Newton
Dalton Knecht
Zach Edey

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Underrated player is guy like Sean East on Missouri. Poor guy.

Yeah no chance I'm taking Reed Sheppard or Mark Sears over RJ Davis. Davis is a 1st Team All American and as the OP mentioned, the best PG in the country arguably.

1st Team All-American is easy this year:

RJ Davis
Jamal Shead
Tristan Newton
Dalton Knecht
Zach Edey
Shead is a great defender and leader but I don't see him as a 1st team All-American

How many of these elite guards have a 4+ assist to TO ratio though?

He can def fill it up. His percentages aren't eye-popping, but definitely one of the top 2-3 guys you want with the ball in his hands in crunch time and he's lethal at the charity stripe.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
With 8 seconds on the clock, opposing team down 1, who do you least likely want to see on the opposing team coming at you?

To me, one of 5 players and I can't decide which.

RJ Davis
Shead
Reed Sheppard
Dillingham
Knecht

Honorable mentions:
Hubbard from Mississippi State
Reeves
McCullar
Roach
Sears
Clayton
Pullin

Shit, there are probably 30 guards/ forwards out there that would strike serious fear in you. I think RJ Davis is at the top. I just feel like he would get the bucket.

With 8 seconds on the clock, opposing team down 1, who do you least likely want to see on the opposing team coming at you?

RJ Davis
Shead
Reed Sheppard
Dillingham
Knecht

Honorable mentions:
Reeves
McCullar
Roach
Sears
Clayton
Pullin

Shit, there are probably 30 guards/ forwards out there that would strike serious fear in you. I think RJ Davis is at the top. I just feel like he would get the bucket.
I'll take this guy over a lot of those guys. If he can't get his shot off (45% from three), he will probe and find a teammate for the dagger.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I'll take this guy over a lot of those guys. If he can't get his shot off (45% from three), he will probe and find a teammate for the dagger.

Yeah, like I said, there are 30 guys (maybe more) that you could list. I have Sheppard and Dillingham on the top list, because they have been clutch all season and because of it, now find themselves in the lottery pick discussion.

And the last thing you usually find me doing, is pumping up UT and Carolina, but Knecht and Davis are legit and are definitely two of the last guys I want UK to see with 8 seconds left.

As bad as UK's defense is though, I pretty much fear everybody. 🥶

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz

RJ Davis
Shead
Reed Sheppard
Dillingham
Knecht

Honorable mentions:
Reeves
McCullar
Roach
Sears
Clayton
Pullin

Probably knecht, but that's likely because I still have ptsd from when he dropped 40 on us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT