ADVERTISEMENT

Purple Cats win again

gocats5611

Jun 12, 2002
I haven't really allowed myself the possibility of believing we could take the throne from KU until tonight. Now I realize I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but this game at UT seemed like a real opportunity for K-State to come unraveled. On the road, against an improving, but middle of the pack team, sometimes hard to get up for those. But gutting out a win like that when we were down at the half. 5-1 on the road in the Big XII now and 9 straight league wins after starting Big XII play 0-2. Nice job boys.

And nice suit Matthew McConaughey.

KansasStTexasBasketball.JPG
iu

Reactions: Quavarius
Meh. With Kansas cheating and losing some of their best players to injury thus having more to do with their losing the throne than anything..........this is the weakest the Big 12 has looked, maybe perhaps ever.

I don't see a single team reaching the Elite 8 unless they get the God-gifted golden path of destiny for their side of the bracket in the tournament.

Meh. With Kansas cheating and losing some of their best players to injury thus having more to do with their losing the throne than anything..........this is the weakest the Big 12 has looked, maybe perhaps ever.

I don't see a single team reaching the Elite 8 unless they get the God-gifted golden path of destiny for their side of the bracket in the tournament.
^we got a bleeder!!!

Well considering we went to the Elite 8 last year with the same exact team, I’d say it’s safe to say we can again and this year’s field is weaker than last yeAr

Even with all that said, still #1 RPI showing you we still run the non-conference even when we are down a year. And I agree this year is weaker than last year, but we will see a team in the E8. Most likely KState, ISU or Tech. My money is on the Cats. Baylor could also make a run. And Ou and Texas both have the rosters and talent, just have lost some luster in league play. TCU isn’t that good but their record is.

Don’t forget Tech had Duke beat for 39 minutes. Blew it at the end.

If Mccormack develops quickly and well like Silvio did last year, don’t count out KU either for a tourney run. Vick would have to return too.

Last edited:
KSU is playing solid basketball right now and it starts on the defensive end. You gotta protect your home floor but more importantly you have to figure out rip off big road wins and that is what KSU is doing.

Reactions: gocats5611
Well considering we went to the Elite 8 last year with the same exact team, I’d say it’s safe to say we can again and this year’s field is weaker than last yeAr

Even with all that said, still #1 RPI showing you we still run the non-conference even when we are down a year. And I agree this year is weaker than last year, but we will see a team in the E8. Most likely KState, ISU or Tech. My money is on the Cats. Baylor could also make a run. And Ou and Texas both have the rosters and talent, just have lost some luster in league play. TCU isn’t that good but their record is.

If Mccormack develops quickly and well like Silvio did last year, don’t count out KU either for a tourney run. Vick would have to return too.

Huh?

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301

Huh?

Tech controlled that game buddy. Duke won it in last few min

I'm close to conceding the Big 12 to K-State. Knew it was a fool's errand to expect help from Shaka Smart.

Which is fine. KU has the record. Forget the streak. It's getting too embarrassing. Time for someone else to win it.

I am gaining more confidence in KU though (had little to none a month ago). I don't think a deep run will be out of the question, especially if/when they get Vick back. Agbaji's emerging as a star and Dotson gets better every night. Ball movement is much better. I just hope that Garrett doesn't ruin their improved offensive flow. He needs to understand his role. If Grimes ever pulls his head out, the team could take off.

The only thing preventing me from conceding the thing to KSU is the tendency of Weber’s teams to be streaky.

Right now everything seems to go their way at the ends of games. They don’t shoot a great % from 3, but seem to be shooting hitting at an extremely high clip in clutch situations in close games, especially at/near the ends of games. The problem with that though is if you keep playing close games, sometimes fortunes reverse and those shots stop falling, opponents quit missing front ends, and opponents hit late 3s. At times the luck goes your way and other times it doesn’t. KSU needs to figure out how to separate themselves in games or they may see fortunes reverse.

They’re certainly in the driver’s seat though.

Speaking of UT, and Baylor...those two teams are frustrating. They seem to play decent for 35 minutes, but down the stretch they start tossing up deep jumpers cause everyone wants to play hero. It actually worked for UT against us, as they hit them late, but most of the time it doesn’t work out. KSU’s experience and composure down the stretch compared to those two teams was night/day. That’s what experience and good coaching can do for you.

Reactions: gocats5611
The race is far from over. Iowa State could definitely beat K-State on Saturday. If KU can take care of business at home against WV (they'd better be able to), the lead would be 0.5 games, with at least Iowa State (and possibly others) only 1 game back.

Most teams have 7 of their 18 games (almost 40%) still remaining. Anyone in the upper half could still win the regular season title.

Reactions: toonces11

Calling this field weaker after you benefitted from being the first team in ncaa history to play a 16 seed in the second round is bold.

The race is far from over. Iowa State could definitely beat K-State on Saturday. If KU can take care of business at home against WV (they'd better be able to), the lead would be 0.5 games, with at least Iowa State (and possibly others) only 1 game back.

Most teams have 7 of their 18 games (almost 40%) still remaining. Anyone in the upper half could still win the regular season title.
SO much season left.

Oh yeah, I forgot Kansas State had a Cinderella run to the Elite 8 last year that included wins over #8 Creighton, #16 UMBC, #5 11-loss Kentucky, and lost to #11 Loyola-Chicago.

So God-gifted golden path of destiny it is............SmokinSmile

Oh yeah, I forgot Kansas State had a Cinderella run to the Elite 8 last year that included wins over #9 Creighton, #16 UMBC, #5 11-loss Kentucky, and lost to Loyola-Chicago.

So God-gifted golden path of destiny it is............SmokinSmile

Why the negativity and who are you with?

SO much season left.

K-State has three tough games left. They need to lose two and KU needs to win out. Possible, but relying on a favor from the likes of TCU feels a lot like relying on a favor from Scott Drew or Shaka.

Reactions: toonces11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT