ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue @ Indiana game thread

Maybe one day all the blue bloods will be good at the same time. IU coming up with some others falling.

Falling implies that we have further to go. I’m trying to be positive and just say that we fell.

I guess time will tell.

Just a heads up. You won’t be seeing Auburn rushing the floor tomorrow. Beating Kentucky is expected now
What kind of special day is Auburn having for their Super Bowl? Orange out? White out? Naming the court after someone?

IU storming the court? 🤡
I didn't watch the game and just saw the highlights this morning. I literally laughed out loud at the court storming. That is when you know your blueblood status is loooooong gone. Can't really blame the kids too much though, they've never seen a good Indiana team. Most of them hadn't been born yet last time IU was good.

Not sure why this so frowned upon??? Whats the big deal? Dude hits a walk off in baseball, grown ass men chase him around the field, tackle him-----And thats ok? But some college kids, fans, storm the court after a huge win, and thats "frowned on"? And why----b/c IU has tradition? Well ****, so do the Yankee's----But I don't see anyone whining about them bum rushing a dude is the 4th game of a 182 game season , b/c he hits a walk-off.

I fukin love it. Hope they are still on the court....
162 games, bruh... do you even baseball? ;) Think you're mixing up your MLB and NBA schedules.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I mean, I personally don't feel strongly about court storming one way or the other. Indiana has struggled recently and this was a big win, but at the same time, it goes to show how far standards have fallen for them. They don't even expect to beat Purdue at home anymore.

I mean, I personally don't feel strongly about court storming one way or the other. Indiana has struggled recently and this was a big win, but at the same time, it goes to show how far standards have fallen for them. They don't even expect to beat Purdue at home anymore.
This is true. I talked to multiple IU fans prior to the game and none were remotely confident they would win and gave themselves little chance of winning.

There has only been once in the last 30 years I truly felt a home game against IU was hopeless. In 2013, when they had Zeller, Oladipo and Yogi, we were just bad and starting 3 freshmen. That team had no chance and got bitch slapped 97-60 (with Crean running up the score and leaving starters in until very late...hmm, we won 12 of 13 since that season). Even Keady's last team which went 7-21 took IU to 2OT at Mackey.

Last edited:
Not sure why this so frowned upon??? Whats the big deal? Dude hits a walk off in baseball, grown ass men chase him around the field, tackle him-----And thats ok? But some college kids, fans, storm the court after a huge win, and thats "frowned on"? And why----b/c IU has tradition? Well ****, so do the Yankee's----But I don't see anyone whining about them bum rushing a dude is the 4th game of a 182 game season , b/c he hits a walk-off.

I fukin love it. Hope they are still on the court....
If it was Kentucky fans rushing the court can you imagine the threads in this board???? Cmon man lol, rushing the court is for teams who upset top tier teams and although IU is/has been down for years they still shouldn’t be rushing the court and it’s not the same as baseball. I know you’re trying to take some heat off IU for rushing the court but again lol…Cmon man!!!

This is true. I talked to multiple IU fans prior to the game and none were remotely confident they would win and gave themselves little chance of winning.

There has only been once in the last 30 years I truly felt a home game against IU was hopeless. In 2013, when they had Zeller, Oladipo and Yogi, we were just bad and starting 3 freshmen. That team had no chance and got bitch slapped 97-60 (with Crean running up the score and leaving starters in until very late...hmm, we've won 12 of 13 since that season). Even Keady's last team which went 7-21 took IU to 2OT at Mackey.
Poor Crean. Can't blame him for running it up. He has very, very rarely had that opportunity throughout his career. 😆

Reactions: boilerzz

There has only been once in the last 30 years I truly felt a home game against IU was hopeless. In 2013, when they had Zeller, Oladipo and Yogi, we were just bad and starting 3 freshmen. That team had no chance and got bitch slapped 97-60 (with Crean running up the score and leaving starters in until very late...hmm, we've won 12 of 13 since that season). Even Keady's last team which went 7-21 took IU to 2OT at Mackey.
Go Boilers all day against those guys ;)

I lived in East Bay!
gay-shit.gif

If it was Kentucky fans rushing the court can you imagine the threads in this board???? Cmon man lol, rushing the court is for teams who upset top tier teams and although IU is/has been down for years they still shouldn’t be rushing the court and it’s not the same as baseball. I know you’re trying to take some heat off IU for rushing the court but again lol…Cmon man!!!
Not trying to take heat off IU. I thinks its stupid as **** to think students rushing the floor is beyond any progarm.

162 games, bruh... do you even baseball? ;) Think you're mixing up your MLB and NBA schedules.
Typo....Still.....fact remains. Dude hits a walk off in April, and is chased around the diamond like a 7 year old who just hit his first LL HR...

Trayvon Williams has been trash the last few games.

That and edey prettty much ghosting cost Purdue the game.

big win for Indiana, first win over Purdue since 2016. I have no issue with storming the court, let the kids have fun who gives a shit

ADVERTISEMENT