Duke
Who you got?

Here's mine:

1. Gonzaga
2. Villanova
3. Baylor
4. UVA
5. Duke

I think the Zags, Nova and Baylor are in a tier of their own at least to start the season.

1.Nova
2.Zags
3.UVA
4.Baylor
5.Michigan State- if Tillman comes back. If not, slide Texas Tech back in.

UVA is my number 1. Probably Gonzaga number 2.

If FSU lands Moussa Cisse, I’ll take us for number 3.

I’m not saying they won’t be good, but I don’t but the UVA hype as a top 3 team.

They finished 42nd in Kenpom and the best recruit they bring in is 40th overall, and they lost their best player. I understand they added a great player in Sam Hauser, but I’m not sure him and Rahim are enough to take them from 42nd overall to top 3, when their also losing Diakite.

Seems like more of a top 10 ish group to me.

Yea i agree. I think Gonzaga and Villanova will be in a tier of their own. After those two it’s anybodies guess imo, I have a feeling there will be a lot of turnover in the top ten like this year, just maybe not so much at the very top bc I think Gonzaga or Nova one will get in a groove, if not both. I’d have uva and Baylor in the top 10, not so sure about 3rd and 4th but I don’t really know who I’d put there so they are as good of guesses as any.

1. Gonzaga
2. Iowa
3. Duke
4. IL
5. Nova
Having Illinois that high I assume you think Cockburn and Ayo are back and Miller commits. Even if all that happens.

Personally, I don’t think they have the wings to be a top 5 team. I’d put Wisconsin top 5 before them.

Having Illinois that high I assume you think Cockburn and Ayo are back and Miller commits. Even if all that happens.

Personally, I don’t think they have the wings to be a top 5 team. I’d put Wisconsin top 5 before them.

Yes, as of right now. IL would be loaded. I think they were an elite 8 team this year. I like that teams talent

Reactions: MGC_07

I don’t think any B1G team should be top 5. Depending on what happens still, should have a couple/few in the 6-10 range.

I’m not saying they won’t be good, but I don’t but the UVA hype as a top 3 team.

They finished 42nd in Kenpom and the best recruit they bring in is 40th overall, and they lost their best player. I understand they added a great player in Sam Hauser, but I’m not sure him and Rahim are enough to take them from 42nd overall to top 3, when their also losing Diakite.

The last 4-5 weeks of the season, UVA was probably a top 10 efficiency team.

The last 4-5 weeks of the season, UVA was probably a top 10 efficiency team.
They won their last 5 games by a combined 13 points. They did win, but wins like that don’t help you in Kenpom very much, especially when you’re defeating some lower tier ACC teams by 3 or 2.

Reactions: hawkit3113
They won their last 5 games by a combined 13 points. They did win, but wins like that don’t help you in Kenpom very much, especially when you’re defeating some lower tier ACC teams by 3 or 2.

That’s a fair point. But they were 23rd on Torvik from Feb 5th through the end of the season. And Hauser plus their recruits are gonna make the offense significantly better. Defense always strong.

I think that’s fair. It’s rare that players don’t improve under Bennett though so I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up there by the end of the season. Probably too many question marks on offense to be preseason top 5.

I never cared about Helms before, but the more that I think about it, the more I begin to respect those banners. At least they required a great season.

Some schools put up banners for seasons in which they barely finished with a winning record.RollLaugh

Imagine having almost as many helm's banners hanging as you do actual championship banners.

You’re asking an Iowa fan to imagine hanging a Helms? They would kill for a Helms.

Instead, they’ve resigned to celebrating .500ish NIT appearances. KU hasn’t gone to the NIT in my lifetime.Laughing

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You’re asking an Iowa fan to imagine hanging a Helms? They would kill for a Helms.

Instead, they’ve resigned to celebrating .500ish NIT appearances. KU hasn’t gone to the NIT in my lifetime.Laughing
Yeah, I thought, shit they don't hang banners at all.

ADVERTISEMENT