4 RSJR Connor backup RSJR backup FR Keegan
5 RSJR Nunge backup FR Ogundele

off the bench
2 FR Perkins
3 FR Kris
open schollie
rank top 20.

they will be a top 10 adj o
expecting the defense to improve again this year, ended @ #97 but reached as high as #76.

look for these to improve
Toussaint led the team in steals, finished 5th in scoring and 2nd in assists.
Fredrick hopefully he is healthy all season. led the team in 3 point %
JBo returns teams all time 3 point shooter and led the team as the starter his 1st 3 season in assists.
Connor led the team in Assist to TO's and improved from 20.1% from 3 as a FR to 34% as a SO.
Weezy struggled down the stretch but expec him to get back to normal
Nunge was being talked about has being the 2nd best player in practice if he stays healthy it is time to show it in games, that is the top 6 returning players that all have started.

scoring will not be a problem.

Suck on that Kansas

Suck on that Kansas
belly-laugh-gif-9.gif

Reactions: hawkit3113
While we're on the subject of Wilt again, there's an important factor that some of you left out in regard to comparing eras.

A lot of physically imposing players like Wilt weren't able to use their size and strength to its full capacity due to the way games were called back then. In that era, referees were focused on not allowing an offensive player to initiate contact, so the difference in weight and strength wasn't as advantageous as it's been in recent decades. Which is why the bulk of Wilt's points came from fadeaways, hooks, finger rolls and uncontested dunks.

His dominance would have been absurd if they'd called games like they do today.

While we're on the subject of Wilt again, there's an important factor that some of you left out in regard to comparing eras.

A lot of physically imposing players like Wilt weren't able to use their size and strength to its full capacity due to the way games were called back then. In that era, referees were focused on not allowing an offensive player to initiate contact, so the difference in weight and strength wasn't as advantageous as it's been in recent decades. Which is why the bulk of Wilt's points came from fadeaways, hooks, finger rolls and uncontested dunks.

His dominance would have been absurd if they'd called games like they do today.
Wilt would suck in todays game.

Daddy in the since that we have more titles? Kill them head to head? What exactly is our criteria here?

Dont make me dig up the numbers for the last 30 years Tickle, you know the relevant one's? keep hanging ur hat on random nattys from the 40/50s that only 8 to 16 teams played in and the selection process was super sketchy. They are basically helms 2.0...

just for shits and giggles the lineup W/O Garza
1 SO Toussaint backup FR Ulis
2 RSSO Fredrick backup RSSR JBo
3 JR Weezy backup RSFR Patrick
4 RSJR Connor backup RSJR backup FR Keegan
5 RSJR Nunge backup FR Ogundele

off the bench
2 FR Perkins
3 FR Kris
open schollie
rank top 20.

they will be a top 10 adj o
expecting the defense to improve again this year, ended @ #97 but reached as high as #76.

look for these to improve
Toussaint led the team in steals, finished 5th in scoring and 2nd in assists.
Fredrick hopefully he is healthy all season. led the team in 3 point %
JBo returns teams all time 3 point shooter and led the team as the starter his 1st 3 season in assists.
Connor led the team in Assist to TO's and improved from 20.1% from 3 as a FR to 34% as a SO.
Weezy struggled down the stretch but expec him to get back to normal
Nunge was being talked about has being the 2nd best player in practice if he stays healthy it is time to show it in games, that is the top 6 returning players that all have started.

scoring will not be a problem.

Hello NIT with that lineup.

Dont make me dig up the numbers for the last 30 years Tickle, you know the relevant one's? keep hanging ur hat on random nattys from the 40/50s that only 8 to 16 teams played in and the selection process was super sketchy. They are basically helms 2.0...
Only took one post to pull out the weakest argument in the books. “We were better on this minute of this day of this year”

In my lifetime, Kentucky has three titles and Kansas has one. 3 titles for a blue blood.

Reactions: Quavarius
Only took one post to pull out the weakest argument in the books. “We were better on this minute of this day of this year”

In my lifetime, Kentucky has three titles and Kansas has one. 3 titles for a blue blood.

Not really part of this argument but you know what really hurts KU is they lack that one coach who went and won 3+ titles in a 10-15 years span.

UNC had 2 titles with Dean and 3 total titles as of 1994. Jumped up to 6 with Roy who has won 3 titles in 13 years. They’ve had 3 coaches win NCs.

Duke had no titles before Coach K. He won 3 titles in 11 years. Has since added 2 more.

Indiana has had 2 total coaches win titles. They went from 2 titles to 5 with Knight’s 3 titles in 11 years.

We all know about UCLA and a Wooden. For having 11 titles they have only had 2 coaches win titles in their history.

Kentucky the one major outlier. 5 coaches have won their 8 titles. They are the only one of the blue bloods who didn’t have to wait 25+ years for a title or between titles. The longest drought they had was 20 years from 58 to 78. I’ll give UK credit they fit the bill is the #1 program in college basketball history.

Brings me back to KU. KU really lacks that one coach who wins 3 titles in a 10-15 year span to increase those championship numbers greatly. Thought Self was going to be that coach when he won in 2008. Could still happen but getting more and more doubtful each year. Not trying to prove any point. Just thought it was fascinating to look at those outcomes for each of the Blue Bloods.

LOVE MY UNC TAR HEELS!

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: wesr
Not really part of this argument but you know what really hurts KU is they lack that one coach who went and won 3+ titles in a 10-15 years span.

UNC had 2 titles with Dean and 3 total titles as of 1994. Jumped up to 6 with Roy who has won 3 titles in 13 years. They’ve had 3 coaches win NCs.

Duke had no titles before Coach K. He won 3 titles in 11 years. Has since added 2 more.

Indiana has had 2 total coaches win titles. They went from 2 titles to 5 with Knight’s 3 titles in 11 years.

We all know about UCLA and a Wooden. For having 11 titles they have only had 2 coaches win titles in their history.

Kentucky the one major outlier. 5 coaches have won their 8 titles. They are the only one of the blue bloods who didn’t have to wait 25+ years for a title or between titles. The longest drought they had was 20 years from 58 to 78. I’ll give UK credit they fit the bill is the #1 program in college basketball history.

Brings me back to KU. KU really lacks that one coach who wins 3 titles in a 10-15 year span to increase those championship numbers greatly. Thought Self was going to be that coach when he won in 2008. Could still happen but getting more and more doubtful each year. Not trying to prove any point. Just thought it was fascinating to look at those outcomes for each of the Blue Bloods.
I don’t even remember posting last night. Got no beef with KU brah lol

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Hello NIT with that lineup.
yeah sure they are. lets do it another way BY ESPN ratings and Rivals
PG 4* SO Toussaint
SG 4* RSSR JBo 3rd Team All BT.
WG 4* Top 100 Wieskamp #42 by Rivals
WG 4* Top 100 Connor 4* by Rivals
C 3* Nunge 1st team All State as a JR and SR and runner up in the voting for Indiana's Mr. BB.
OFF the bench
SF 4* Top 100 Patrick by both sites
SG Fredrick All BT FR team

that makes 5 4* players with 2 consenses top 100 4*'s. doesn't look like a NIT team to me.

hmmm
No Garza and Fran as the coach. Screams NIT.
NCAAT 18-19 season before Garza blew up.
would have been one this past season
the seasons from 13-14 thru 15-16 with just 2 4* players were all NCAAT years also the years where the adjusted D was as good as #24, #30, #34 and #77 in a 4 year period.

before this past season people were worried about how Fran was going to replace
Cook
Moss
Baer.

funny how easily he replaced them and managed this team in spite of the injuries.
Nunge tore his ACL
JBo hip surgery
Pemsl battled a back injury for most of the season
Wieskamp played with a extended elbow injury
Fredrick played with a foot injury and missed 6 games while in a walking boot
Patrick battled a residual affect with cancer surgery.

ADVERTISEMENT