ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-Season AP Poll Released

Washington beat them 91-73 during a scrimmage in Reno on Sunday.

UDub travels to Auburn in a few weeks which should be an interesting match up, especially since Purifoy will not be eligible yet and Wiley has had some preseason foot issues..

Reactions: cb20476
Where would you put them? After Michigan and MSU but ahead of everyone else?
I could live with that. I think Nebraska has a real shot at being the dark horse in the conference this year. Roby started playing like an NBA draft pick in the 2nd half of the season, Copeland and Palmer are all conference type, and Watson is a solid PG. I'm quite confident this is the team that FINALLY wins a freaking tournament game.

At the very least rank us ahead of Indiana. That's just insulting.

I could live with that. I think Nebraska has a real shot at being the dark horse in the conference this year. Roby started playing like an NBA draft pick in the 2nd half of the season, Copeland and Palmer are all conference type, and Watson is a solid PG. I'm quite confident this is the team that FINALLY wins a freaking tournament game.

@IUfanBorden

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Wont matter for kansas. Eventually this seasons wins and a few years back will be vacated.

Nowhere in history has a NCAA CBB Preseason Poll ever *checks notes* mattered.

Mmmmmmoist
Last years preseason poll, and where they were at on the final poll...remember that they don’t do a poll after the tournament.

PS. Final
1 Duke 9
2 MSU 5
3 Arizona 12
4 Kansas 4
5 Kentucky 18
6. Nova 2
7 Wichita 16
8 Florida 23
9 UNC 10
10 USC NR
11 WVU 15
12 Cincinnati 6
13 Miami 22
14 ND NR
15 Minnesota NR
16 Louisville NR
17 Xavier 3
18 Gonzaga 2
19 Northwestern NR
20 Purdue 11
21 UCLA NR
22 Saint Mary’s 25
23 Seton Hall NR
24 Baylor NR
25 A&M NR
2 2s? Who was 1?

All of these programs including your Jayhawks buy talent. It was always a “probably” in the minds of most fans. Now the jig is up. This sport will never have integrity again. Everybody is bought and paid for. Even small programs like Creighton are offering families jobs and housing. It’s a sham and a mockery and they’re never going to be able to rein it in again. It’s forever tainted.
23.gif

366458732d0f63a885e039fda298dc69.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Best team you've had in years, no question.

I have them ranked #31 in my preseason top 50. Lunardi projects them as a 9 seed. KenPom has Nebraska at 38; Bart Torvik has them at 39. The consensus is that they should be an NCAA Tournament team. I could see them going as high as a 5 seed. Even if they do make the NCAAs, which is no guarantee, odds are they'll have a fairly tough 1st Round Game. A 5 or 6 seed could face a team like Loyola Chicago, Marshall, or Buffalo. Won't be easy, either way. But you certainly have a talented and experienced team ( not overly confident about the depth, however).

I think a lot of people will be rooting for you guys this year ala Northwestern in 2017. Should be fun to see the progression of the team throughout the year. Hope you guys finally get that monkey off your back.

I had you guys in the Final Four in the first bracket I ever filled out back in 1991. Quickly learned that creating a good bracket is no easy thing to do.

Best team you've had in years, no question.

I have them ranked #31 in my preseason top 50. Lunardi projects them as a 9 seed. KenPom has Nebraska at 38; Bart Torvik has them at 39. The consensus is that they should be an NCAA Tournament team. I could see them going as high as a 5 seed. Even if they do make the NCAAs, which is no guarantee, odds are they'll have a fairly tough 1st Round Game. A 5 or 6 seed could face a team like Loyola Chicago, Marshall, or Buffalo. Won't be easy, either way. But you certainly have a talented and experienced team ( not overly confident about the depth, however).

I think a lot of people will be rooting for you guys this year ala Northwestern in 2017. Should be fun to see the progression of the team throughout the year. Hope you guys finally get that monkey off your back.
Virginia was #1

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Last years preseason poll, and where they were at on the final poll...remember that they don’t do a poll after the tournament.

PS. Final
1 Duke 9
2 MSU 5
3 Arizona 12
4 Kansas 4
5 Kentucky 18
6. Nova 2
7 Wichita 16
8 Florida 23
9 UNC 10
10 USC NR
11 WVU 15
12 Cincinnati 6
13 Miami 22
14 ND NR
15 Minnesota NR
16 Louisville NR
17 Xavier 3
18 Gonzaga 2
19 Northwestern NR
20 Purdue 11
21 UCLA NR
22 Saint Mary’s 25
23 Seton Hall NR
24 Baylor NR
25 A&M NR

USA Today Coaches Poll is done after the Tournament.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...n-villanova-ranks-no-1-in-final-coaches-poll/

love my UNC TAR HEELS!

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. Final
1 Duke 9
2 MSU 5
3 Arizona 12
4 Kansas 4
5 Kentucky 18
6. Nova 2
7 Wichita 16
8 Florida 23
9 UNC 10
10 USC NR
11 WVU 15
12 Cincinnati 6
13 Miami 22
14 ND NR
15 Minnesota NR
16 Louisville NR
17 Xavier 3
18 Gonzaga 2
19 Northwestern NR
20 Purdue 11
21 UCLA NR
22 Saint Mary’s 25
23 Seton Hall NR
24 Baylor NR
25 A&M NR

Yes they do do a poll after the tournament.

Michigan
Preseason not ranked
After tournament #2

I guess you just ignored the whole Bahamas tour where they dominated. And to say they have to depend on all guys who just attended prom is uniformed. 3 returners and a grad transfer say hello. Go back and watch the Bahamas games and the blue vs white game the other night. The hype is warranted this year and Cal has said so many times.
The Transylvania game was a good reason why I think it’s important to temper our expectations. Regardless of the Bahamas, the Transy game was not what we were expecting to see. We looked a little flat, made 1 3 pointer.

Yes we won, and I have no concerns . . . It’ll all come together, but we didn’t look like the #2 team in the country. All I’m saying is the media needs to give these young kids a little room for the yips once in a while.

Last edited:
LOL if you think NCAA basketball is tainted ......... look into NCAA football...... Everyone is paid ........just using different methods.

Wondering how many people would take Tenn or Nevada over Villanova come tourney time? Gotta love preseason guesses (polls)...

Wondering how many people would take Tenn or Nevada over Villanova come tourney time? Gotta love preseason guesses (polls)...

Villanova is going to be tough, no question. I think it's easier to side with teams with Tennessee and Nevada, simply because their core players are all returning, and they're also very deep. Those two veteran squads, at least on paper, have a higher floor than Villanova.

Reactions: bzilla42
Good showing for the SEC. I like the #2 ranking for Kentucky. Should be a lot of fun games on our schedule.
But, wtf is Florida? We gonna be good, return 4 starters and like entire bench and only new starter is a 5 star that was best passer in '18 class. Disrespect.

But, wtf is Florida? We gonna be good, return 4 starters and like entire bench and only new starter is a 5 star that was best passer in '18 class. Disrespect.

Just saw that of your thirteen losses last year, nine of them were within five points and two more were six point losses. I could see that team making a little more noise with the returns and a new 5* recruit.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Just saw that of your thirteen losses last year, nine of them were within five points and two more were six point losses. I could see that team making a little more noise with the returns and a new 5* recruit.
Half our bench last season was out for season with injuries and crap, so we had no depth down low and were unbalanced, which is why we took a step back from the elite 8 team of '17. This season we got everyone healthy and will be balanced throughout the roster with sharpshooters on the outside, wiry slashers that can jump to the moon coming down the lane, and big beefy post guys banging down low.

Reactions: VAWildcat15
Half our bench last season was out for season with injuries and crap, so we had no depth down low and were unbalanced, which is why we took a step back from the elite 8 team of '17. This season we got everyone healthy and will be balanced throughout the roster with sharpshooters on the outside, wiry slashers that can jump to the moon coming down the lane, and big beefy post guys banging down low.
Florida number 1.SmokinSmile

Villanova is going to be tough, no question. I think it's easier to side with teams with Tennessee and Nevada, simply because their core players are all returning, and they're also very deep. Those two veteran squads, at least on paper, have a higher floor than Villanova.
Wonder if Jay Wright can lose 4 to the NBA, take 2 starters and still roll n March - Tenn and Nevada have the veterans but I think I would go with JW

Last edited:
By Conference:

Big 12:
Kansas (1st nationally)
Kansas State (12th nationally)
West Virginia (13th nationally)
TCU (20th nationally)
Texas Tech (RV)
Texas (RV)

SEC:
Kentucky (2nd nationally)
Tennessee (6th nationally)
Auburn (11th nationally)
Mississippi State (18th nationally)
LSU (23rd nationally)
Florida (RV)
Alabama (RV)
Missouri (RV)

WCC:
Gonzaga (3rd nationally)

ACC:
Duke (4th nationally)
Virginia (5th nationally)
North Carolina (8th nationally)
Virginia Tech (15th nationally)
Syracuse (16th nationally)
Florida State (17th nationally)
Clemson (22nd nationally)
Notre Dame (RV)
Louisville (RV)
Miami FL (RV)
NC State (RV)

MWC:
Nevada (7th nationally)
San Diego State (RV)

Big East:
Villanova (9th nationally)
Marquette (RV)
Butler (RV)
St. John's (RV)
Providence (RV)
Xavier (RV)

Big Ten:
Michigan State (10th nationally)
Michigan (19th nationally)
Purdue (24th nationally)
Indiana (RV)
Nebraska (RV)
Maryland (RV)
Wisconsin (RV)

PAC 12:
Oregon (14th nationally)
UCLA (21st nationally)
Washington (25th nationally)
Arizona (RV)
USC (RV)
Arizona State (RV)

Missouri Valley:
Loyola (Chicago) (RV)

AAC:
Cincinnati (RV)
UCF (RV)

MAC:
Buffalo (RV)

C-USA:
Marshall (RV)

A10:
Davidson (RV)

Why you UK guys gotta do that to me in bball. I got nothing but love for y'all in football......go beat dat UGa ass and win the SEC over Bama!
UGA smoked the Cats. I thought that UGA would win but not by 17. UK's offense is not great and UGA made the defensive line look bad. They were the first team this year to do that.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT