ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-Season AP Poll Released

Low hanging fruit and all.
uPrIVFO.jpg

Should be a fun year. Like it or not, CBB is great when Duke, UK, Kansas and UNC are all good plus other teams that aren't usually in contention show up and make things interesting.

I think the SEC will be very good this year. More talent has come into the league, as mentioned UT, AU and others returning a lot of talent and the coaching is maybe the best it's ever been across the league.

Curious to see how Kansas responds with the FBI allegations. They have been under the microscope lately and De Sousa was brought up in the FBI case so who knows if they play him or not. They're pretty loaded without him but so are Duke and UK.
I think this could be the best year the sec has had in years .
The games between Kentucky, Tennessee, auburn and Florida are going to be huge

“Top class coming in next year”
“I like our squad this year”
“We will surprise a lot of people”

All things he seems to say every year before Indiana goes 19-14.
Here's a prediction I won't get wrong:

Kansas>>>>Probation.Winking

no Louisville, Arizona, nor Maryland so...no, not really

All of these programs including your Jayhawks buy talent. It was always a “probably” in the minds of most fans. Now the jig is up. This sport will never have integrity again. Everybody is bought and paid for. Even small programs like Creighton are offering families jobs and housing. It’s a sham and a mockery and they’re never going to be able to rein it in again. It’s forever tainted.

“Top class coming in next year”
“I like our squad this year”
“We will surprise a lot of people”

All things he seems to say every year before Indiana goes 19-14.
Hey, in fairness, now---key injuries have hurt us. Plus, when you have Crean as your H/C, I mean, you gotta hope.:oops:

BTW---We've never had a top class coming in. This year, we do.

And yes---I like our squad this year. And we won't surprise anyone. Everyone knows we gonna be good...:D

UNC plays #2, 3, 4, 5, 15, 16, 17, 19, 22, and 10 or 21 depending on results. Plus, we playing 'Nova in the secret scrimmage. :)

Another glorious season of Kentucky basketball is upon this great nation of ours?

SingleHopefulFlyingfish-size_restricted.gif

Also, for my fellow Cayts fans, I'm currently reading:

s-l300.jpg

Chapters alternate with Cawood recalling memories of how he started to basketball then football and back and forth up through his retirement at the Laettner game. HIGHLY recommend y'all read it. Some absolutely killer anecdotes in there.

Absolutely. UK has been there before, and I never liked being ranked highly without having proved squat. We do have some benefit of a few returning players, but I still want a lofty ranking to be earned.
I guess you just ignored the whole Bahamas tour where they dominated. And to say they have to depend on all guys who just attended prom is uniformed. 3 returners and a grad transfer say hello. Go back and watch the Bahamas games and the blue vs white game the other night. The hype is warranted this year and Cal has said so many times.

I guess you just ignored the whole Bahamas tour where they dominated. And to say they have to depend on all guys who just attended prom is uniformed. 3 returners and a grad transfer say hello. Go back and watch the Bahamas games and the blue vs white game the other night. The hype is warranted this year and Cal has said so many times.
I saw the games when they aired. There is merit to their talent, but I just see games that don’t count as not the most dependable indicator. Bigger venues, more-talented opponents, closer game situations, team not being coached by assistants, etc are just a different environment than the Atlantis.

Nick Richards is a great example on being cautiously optimistic like I am. I remember how awesome he looked in last season’s exhibition games. During the regular season though he had his issues. I view exhibition games as similar to the NBA All star game.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenAlley

UF is all gonna depend on how that freshman PG handles the pressure and spotlight. If he's legit (and I've heard good things from practices) y'all should be top 25. If he struggles, more like 35-40.

Reactions: KisteK
I don't have a problem with the KY rank cause at least they have some returning players as well as some impressive upper classmen transfers.

Duke, OTOH, wouldn't be in my top 10 until/unless they can prove it. The whole starting lineup is freshman. No telling now how they are going to come together as a team.

Meanwhile, we have several teams ranked below them that are proven commodities. Tennessee, Gonzaga, Nevada, Kansas State, Virginia...those are all teams I would easily put ahead of Duke until Duke shows me something.

I find that funny as hell. They only have some real studs.

I would put them in my top three.

ADVERTISEMENT