ADVERTISEMENT

Polls are out

Never thought in a million years that osu would be ranked this year. Even if it’s just for 1 week
With that schedule, I wouldn't be surprised to see them ranked the rest of the year.

With that schedule, I wouldn't be surprised to see them ranked the rest of the year.

Yup not difficult at all. I still expect them to lose games down the stretch. Wouldn’t be shocked if @northwestern is one of them. Holtman has been great though

Shows you just how bad preseason rankings are

So many "overachieving" teams

How does the #8 ranked team defeat the #2 team and not move up in the polls?

Similarly, how does WVU drop 4 spots for a 1 point loss on the road to a top 10 team? I thought they would be 3 or 4 at worst.

You've got to look at the totality of what occurred. Texas Tech lost a game as well, albeit to the #4 team. Who would they have passed? I would have them in front of Wichita State but would have done the same last week. Wichita State won twice and fell two spots in the poll already. That almost never occurs.

As for WVU, I wouldn't have put them behind Duke but Purdue and Oklahoma both had very good weeks and Virginia has just the one loss at WVU. I'd knock WVU more fore the pedestrian looking home win over Baylor than losing to Texas Tech.

Similarly, how does WVU drop 4 spots for a 1 point loss on the road to a top 10 team? I thought they would be 3 or 4 at worst.

Opinion based and right now people “perceive “ Purdue and Oklahoma as on the up

We just beat that Oklahoma team that is "on the up" by 13 points 8 days ago.

Also have a win over #2 UVA.

Not sure how Duke is #5 with losses to BC and NC State either.

Oh well.

Got to move up the non-Big 12 teams. If WVU only had two losses but lost by 11 points @Iowa St no way would they let y'all be #5.

And the Sun Devils slide continues
AlNYv_s-200x150.gif

We just beat that Oklahoma team that is "on the up" by 13 points 8 days ago.

Also have a win over #2 UVA.

Not sure how Duke is #5 with losses to BC and NC State either.

Oh well.

Duke won all of their games the previous week and slid when they lost to both teams. Also, Duke is No. 1 in RPI.

Duke won all of their games the previous week and slid when they lost to both teams. Also, Duke is No. 1 in RPI.

Still... 2 really bad losses.

I'm not too worried about it. Every fan can find something to complain about when it comes to the rankings.

Still... 2 really bad losses.

I'm not too worried about it. Every fan can find something to complain about when it comes to the rankings.

NC State #64 RPI
BC #74 RPI

So, Duke's two losses are to top 75 teams. Certainly not good losses, but not REALLY bad losses to warrant them further down in the polls, compared to what has and have been happening in college basketball.

Both teams are certainly out of the tournament as of today but I wouldn't be surprised if one or both snuck in.

Replace Auburn’s name on the jersey with Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, or Kansas and we are well in the the top 10. Probably top 5. Yet Auburn is only 17.

Replace Auburn’s name on the jersey with Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, or Kansas and we are well in the the top 10. Probably top 5. Yet Auburn is only 17.

Preseason opion based polls buried you alive. Not a fan they’re a complete crapshoot of bias and bad information

Preseason opion based polls buried you alive. Not a fan they’re a complete crapshoot of bias and bad information

And it’s why they shouldn’t exist in basketball or football. Previous years or schools history should have no effect on current season

How, on God's green Earth, is Wichita State ranked above Oklahoma in the Coaches Poll?

Oklahoma: 4 Top-25 wins and 9 Top-100 wins.

Wichita St: ZERO Top 25 wins, only ONE top-50 win, and 6 Top 100 wins.

Oh...and Oklahoma BEAT Wichita State by double digits IN WICHITA.

Eyeroll

Sometimes I think coaches aren't all that smart.

How, on God's green Earth, is Wichita State ranked above Oklahoma in the Coaches Poll?

Oklahoma: 4 Top-25 wins and 9 Top-100 wins.

Wichita St: ZERO Top 25 wins, only ONE top-50 win, and 6 Top 100 wins.

Oh...and Oklahoma BEAT Wichita State by double digits IN WICHITA.

Eyeroll

Sometimes I think coaches aren't all that smart.

I don’t think they look at it too much. Like... you probably just put more time into those resumes than voting coaches do.

I expect the top Big 12 teams to keep knocking each other off. The parity might prevent any of them from emerging as a #1 seed, but they should have several #2 and #3 seeds.

I expect the top Big 12 teams to keep knocking each other off. The parity might prevent any of them from emerging as a #1 seed, but they should have several #2 and #3 seeds.
Kind of reminds me of a season in the early 90's when KU, MU, and OU traded off the #1 spot for weeks and weeks. Each time one reached the top, one of the others knocked them off.

on the flipside, if you replaced Auburn's name with Duke, KY, UNC or KU and I guarantee you wouldn't see a team playing a non conference schedule that doesn't have a single ranked opponent.

Auburn getting justifiably punished for their cake walk pre season. They're going to have to earn their ranking through conference play which they are starting to do.

ADVERTISEMENT