ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Changing tires

Do you change your own tires?

• Total voters
During the storm in that image I sent I had a friend tell me it took them 3 hours to go from south Arlington to south Fort Worth on I-20. That’s basically just the bottom left part of that map. 3 hours. Ice storms are the worst. We don’t really get them out here in West Texas. When we do get them they only last 15-30 minutes, not 4-6 hours like they happen in parts of east TX/SE US.
The night I drove up to Columbus, while moving there, was in the middle of a...basically blizzard. I had everything I owned in my little car (Saturn I bought after taking it in on trade). My ironing board (had to have one for work) was sticking out my back window so it was cold as f#ck in the car.

Anyway, cars were flying all over the road, there were so many in the ditch off the side. It's funny and reason I'm telling this story is, I passed this one car off in the ditch and moments later it come passing me on the road, moments later it was off in the ditch again as I passed. Again, moments later, he comes flying past me again, and again, moments later he was in an embankment. I didn't see him anymore after that. I got a laugh out of that, "man, how many times do you need to end up off the road before slowing down". My dad, in Columbus, couldn't believe I made it.

Reactions: schoonerwest
ADVERTISEMENT