ADVERTISEMENT

Players with High Motors

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
I love watching players who can play with a lot of energy - and can maintain that energy through a game. I haven't watched as many games as I'd like to this year, but who are some players that have stood out to in terms of having a high motor?

First two names that come to y mind are KJ Adams (Kansas) and Ian Schieffelin (Clemson).Who else has separated themselves?

I love watching players who can play with a lot of energy - and can maintain that energy through a game. I haven't watched as many games as I'd like to this year, but who are some players that have stood out to in terms of having a high motor?

First two names that come to y mind are KJ Adams (Kansas) and Ian Schieffelin (Clemson).Who else has separated themselves?
Homer pick here----But man I love how Gabe Cupps plays. Dude would go through a brick wall for a loose ball.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Homer pick here----But man I love how Gabe Cupps plays. Dude would go through a brick wall for a loose ball.
Cupps is coming along very nicely and ahead of schedule due to X being out.

Kid does a great job hanging with superior athletes. Defensive footwork is very good.

A heady leader that will excel...stroke needs some work but he will be very very good.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
LOL at pushing blatant scrubs
Huh? He said players with a high motor....Not best athletes...or players...or shooters....Just, ya know, kids who play "hard"---Cupps fits that. Shit I could say the same about Smith, a Purdue. Love how hard that kid plays.

Now go suck a dick

Huh? He said players with a high motor....Not best athletes...or players...or shooters....Just, ya know, kids who play "hard"---Cupps fits that. Shit I could say the same about Smith, a Purdue. Love how hard that kid plays.

Now go suck a dick
Dudes a scrub. Maybe he will improve, but calling it like I see it. Trying to compare him to Braden is a fcking joke.

Dudes a scrub. Maybe he will improve, but calling it like I see it. Trying to compare him to Braden is a fcking joke.
Do you fukin read much? It said, "players with a high motor" ****tard. You don't have to be a stud to PLAY HARD.

JFc, some of you Purdue ****s need locked away.

And I never compared him to Smith......JFC, next time, get out of the garage while the car is running.

Reactions: Middawg
Do you fukin read much? It said, "players with a high motor" ****tard. You don't have to be a stud to PLAY HARD.

And I never compared him to Smith......JFC, next time, get out of the garage while the car is running.
I didn’t say he doesn’t try play hard. I said he is a scrub, which he is at this point. Any comparison to Smith is a fcking joke.

WHITE GUY CODE

1) Scrappy
2) High motor
3) Gamer
4) Sneaky athletic
5) Gritty
6) Winner
7) High ___ IQ
8) Good fundamentals
9) Plays the game the right way
10) Lunch pail guy
11) Heady and/or cerebral
12) Deceptive speed
13) Gym rat
14) Intangibles
15) Gets the most out of his abilities
16) Has a lot of heart
17) Grinder
18) Out-hustles
19) Someone you’d love your daughter to date
20) Coaches Son

I didn’t say he doesn’t try play hard. I said he is a scrub, which he is at this point. Any comparison to Smith is a fcking joke.
Not comparing him to Brandon Smith simply because pu grads have neither the understanding nor the objectivity to have that conversation.

Think whatever you need to in order to maintain whatever minimal level of self esteem you may have

Certainly don't need to be a star to be considered someone with a high motor; you would just need to play a decent amount of time. I'd say 20+ minutes is a solid cutoff. Jaylen Blakes, for example, is a high-energy guy, but I'd expect him to be, as he only averages 11 minutes a night. You can afford to go all out if your minutes are limited.

I'd want to see guys who can maintain that intensity throughout a game. At 22 minutes per game, I'd say Cupps meets that mark.

Watch Houston play, all 5 guys on the court play like they snorted 10 grams of cocain before tipoff.

Haha yes! Houston gets after it! I was just thinking of Jamal Shead and J'Wan Roberts, actually.

Tamin Lipsey is another Big 12 dude with constant energy.

Cam Spencer for UConn maybe. Ziegler for UT.

Solid choices. Spencer seems like a cocky dude. But, he has great reasons for being cocky. He does a lot of things well. And Zeigler always seems to be disruptive.

Reactions: kyjeff1
WHITE GUY CODE

1) Scrappy
2) High motor
3) Gamer
4) Sneaky athletic
5) Gritty
6) Winner
7) High ___ IQ
8) Good fundamentals
9) Plays the game the right way
10) Lunch pail guy
11) Heady and/or cerebral
12) Deceptive speed
13) Gym rat
14) Intangibles
15) Gets the most out of his abilities
16) Has a lot of heart
17) Grinder
18) Out-hustles
19) Someone you’d love your daughter to date
20) Coaches Son

Is "high motor" code for speaking about white guys? Some of those descriptions certainly are, but I've never thought of high motor as being one.

Poster child is Scott Skiles....but that was the cocaine driving that bus.
iu

Now go suck a dick
I don't think Vulvha understood the assignment. Or what you were implying. Hopefully he was drunk.

• Haha
Reactions: IUfanBorden
I don't think Vulvha understood the assignment. Or what you were implying. Hopefully he was drunk.
I didnt say anything that isn’t true:

1) Kupp is a scrub at this point ✅
2) Comparing him to Smith is a fcking joke ✅

I didnt say anything that isn’t true:

1) Kupp is a scrub at this point ✅
2) Comparing him to Smith is a fcking joke ✅
You are certainly entitled to your opinion...however little it adds to the conversation.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT