ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

211458475_6017888561617671_8593105148001466555_n.jpg

That guy walking up to the car has to bed dead, right?
Looks like he wasnt aiming at him, more trying to scare him. You dont take 2-3 to the torso from that close and run off, u drop like a rock. Adrenaline be damned mountain lion slayer. U can tell the last few shots he def isnt aiming at dude, or hes a terrible shot and should have his gun revoked for a taser.

Thats obv fake.......right?

role model kid should be put on death row now save someones life 😂 wtf why would u let a child watch that movie, much less so many times he falls in love with the murderer.

Thats obv fake.......right?

role model kid should be put on death row now save someones life 😂 wtf why would u let a child watch that movie, much less so many times he falls in love with the murderer.

Yep. It's from The Onion.

I edited out the other video, as I wasn't trying to highlight that. But, here it is, in case others were wondering what you were referencing.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
https://www.yahoo.com/news/most-black-americans-not-want-161800491.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

This is actually not surprising to me. Most americans think the flag and anthem should be respected. (young liberals are the exception). Hopefully these type of attention seeking displays will fizzle out as we go forward.

It looks like the question posed was whether or not it is important for athletes to respect the flag, not whether they could/should protest in some fashion during the Anthem or in the presence of the flag.

I skimmed it, so I could be wrong. People protest in ways that are provocative. Chewing bubble gum isn’t too important. If you stop chewing bubble gum, it’s not going to make news.

I think it is important to respect the flag and the Anthem. And that’s why I think protests involving both/either are effective. Now, if we’re asking if her protest had merit, that’s another question.

Last edited:
It looks like the question posed was whether or not it is important for athletes to respect the flag, not whether they could/should protest in some fashion during the Anthem or in the presence of the flag.

I skimmed it, so I could be wrong. People protest in ways that are provocative. Chewing bubble gum isn’t too important. If you stop chewing bubble gum, it’s not going to make news.

I think it is important to respect the flag and the Anthem. And that’s why I think protests involving both/either are effective. Now, if we’re asking if her protest had merit, that’s another question.
Ive always thought the anthem and flag deserve their own time and space to be respected. The anthem is a time to honor and respect everything that is good about our country/everything and everyone we are thankful for. Its already been reserved. Dont disrespect that time and make it about you or anything else.

Reactions: GhostOf301
Ive always thought the anthem and flag deserve their own time and space to be respected. The anthem is a time to honor and respect everything that is good about our country/everything and everyone we are thankful for. Its already been reserved. Dont disrespect that time and make it about you or anything else.

What is an alternative that will reach as many eyeballs?

What is an alternative that will reach as many eyeballs?
Is the goal to reach eyeballs or actually enact change? It def reached a lot of eyeballs, and I'd guess 9 out of 10 eyeballs rolled. They basically closed off a communication chain by trying to take time reserved for something pretty special and revered in our country. The net positives of the protests dont really jump out to me........the negatives crush whatever good has been done under the weight of extreme stupidity. (even if it was a minority)

Reactions: GhostOf301
Is the goal to reach eyeballs or actually enact change? It def reached a lot of eyeballs, and I'd guess 9 out of 10 eyeballs rolled. They basically closed off a communication chain by trying to take time reserved for something pretty special and revered in our country. The net positives of the protests dont really jump out to me........the negatives crush whatever good has been done under the weight of extreme stupidity. (even if it was a minority)

Reaching more people is usually a part of enacting change. Protests have to be disruptive to work. “Do your protest somewhere or someway I can ignore it” seems to be what some people want. They want ineffective protests.

Protesting during the Anthem is off limits. Peacefully assembling in streets (not rioting) is off limits. What is not off limits?

Reaching more people is usually a part of enacting change. Protests have to be disruptive to work. “Do your protest somewhere or someway I can ignore it” seems to be what some people want. They want ineffective protests.

Protesting during the Anthem is off limits. Peacefully assembling in streets (not rioting) is off limits. What is not off limits?
When members of a protest aren't peaceful, then the protest isnt peaceful. Protests can't infringe on others constitutional rights. Protests can't be effective when their rallying cry is based on a false narrative. Protests can be effective....with the right message being sent to the right audience. What purpose does blocking emergency services hold? What purpose does it serve to keep people from getting to their jobs in time to support their family? What purpose does it serve to burn down buildings and steal from people? The protests were a complete mess. Any good and positive message was drowned out by idiot after idiot. (from the top down). It might be one of the most poorly organized and led protests/movement in history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT