ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

giphy.gif

Probably b/c we don't have the balls to cut out the abusers of systems. I'm all for helping out the economy in various ways but i'm not going to lie, there are a large contingent of us that are sick and tired of enabling the lazy & stupid.
They really wouldn't be that hard to find. I can name a few and know very little about them outside of a credit report/application.

Probably b/c we don't have the balls to cut out the abusers of systems. I'm all for helping out the economy in various ways but i'm not going to lie, there are a large contingent of us that are sick and tired of enabling the lazy & stupid.

The 10% in the lazy and stupid category don’t bother me

Daycare typically is used by those who work since it costs money. This could be one of the few programs that could benefit the working class/middle class more than the poverty class who typically receives government benefits. Some plans call not for free child care, but a cap on how much it could cost each family. Like no more than 7% of family's income.

I think the average daycare costs are $8,500 per child per year. Some people who have 2 or more kids may want to work, but it would cost them more to pay for childcare than they would earn with their job. Plus getting a job could cause them to lose other benefits they would receive. So it would be a net negative to work than just live off of the government.

Imagine a scenario of parents with 3 kids both have jobs making $15 an hour. Comes out to about $60,000 for the household. Take out some taxes, comes to $48,000. Subtract daycare costs and its now $22,500. Subtract the possible sick days they would take for kids, travel to and from work, etc.. and they would be better off or the same having one parent not work to just stay with the kids. Especially since they would likely now qualify for more benefits.

Now let the mother be single with 3 kids, drawing $20k per year from the Gov, plus food stamps and other benefits. Baby daddy still works and lives there so you have a household income of $40,000 still.

I'm not big on government programs like this, but if its done right it could actually help people that are trying to help themselves.

First offense, lose license for a year. Second offense, jail time. IDK. just something to really discourage that level of behavior.

It’ll become a smaller and smaller issue as time goes on and older cars are off the road. Most cars now have touch screens that’ll display and/or read your texts and give you access to all of your apps. I’d think that’ll be standard on practically 100% of cars in the very near future.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
It’ll become a smaller and smaller issue as time goes on and older cars are off the road. Most cars now have touch screens that’ll display and/or read your texts and give you access to all of your apps. I’d think that’ll be standard on practically 100% of cars in the very near future.
I hate the idea of taking away ppl's liberties. Despise it, but seriously, something has to be a deterrent. IDK what that is. Save the petty fines for the aholes that drive in the left lane.

Reactions: brooky03
Daycare is part of raising a child. If you don't have a way to take care of your child, for gods sake dont have one.
Man thats a pretty one sided way to look at it. My boss's son is going through a divorce. He has their daughter...Sometimes, he has to bring her to the office....other times, his mom will watch after her. Not an issue really when she's in school. Day care for her was crazy expensive. And dude makes cheddar. Someitmes, shit happens....

Man thats a pretty one sided way to look at it. My boss's son is going through a divorce. He has their daughter...Sometimes, he has to bring her to the office....other times, his mom will watch after her. Not an issue really when she's in school. Day care for her was crazy expensive. And dude makes cheddar. Someitmes, shit happens....
It’s one sided, but he’s right.

Reactions: toonces11
Dude doesnt make "cheddar" and not be able to afford daycare imo. Obviously single parents have it hard as sh*t. There are always the what if's....and i'm not referring to those. Im talking about the people that didnt have the means to properly care for 1 kid, yet decided to have 3 more so they all were close in age, or helped bilk more benefits. I think most would be shocked at how many take advantage of the system.

That's it, no phone in your hand so both are on the wheel, but looking at a screen instead of the road. Love it. 🤣 🤣

That's it, no phone in your hand so both are on the wheel, but looking at a screen instead of the road. Love it. 🤣 🤣

Becomes the same as a stereo at that point. I don’t think people had issues with “stereo-ing and driving.”

A lot of the controls are on the steering wheel, too, and there’s voice-to-text.

ADVERTISEMENT