ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

Becomes the same as a stereo at that point. I don’t think people had issues with “stereo-ing and driving.”

A lot of the controls are on the steering wheel, too, and there’s voice-to-text.
So you are saying that the text will come through as a voice?
If so, Okay.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Dude doesnt make "cheddar" and not be able to afford daycare imo. Obviously single parents have it hard as sh*t. There are always the what if's....and i'm not referring to those. Im talking about the people that didnt have the means to properly care for 1 kid, yet decided to have 3 more so they all were close in age, or helped bilk more benefits. I think most would be shocked at how many take advantage of the system.
His dad owns the business. A multi-million dollar business. He makes cheddar---So your opinion is meaningless. He's going through a divorce---had to buy his wife out on the house. Lawyer fees, etc, etc...I am sure his dad would help, but thats not my business.. Only childcare that is sufficient, whivch is about 2 miles away, is around $300+ a week.

Yes, folk take advantage. But most do not. And most who have a kid, or kids, normally don't have daycare in mind. When I had my son/daughter, daycare was never a thought. But sometimes...Shit happens.

Becomes the same as a stereo at that point. I don’t think people had issues with “stereo-ing and driving.”

A lot of the controls are on the steering wheel, too, and there’s voice-to-text.
Have you ever watched the Mythbusters episode of even using a speaker/mic creates a huge risk?

Reactions: cdbearde
Have you ever watched the Mythbusters episode of even using a speaker/mic creates a huge risk?

I have not. I’d imagine it’s distracting but not to the level of taking your eyes off the road. Probably not any more distracting than talking to the person next to you.

Just curious, do you text and drive?

My wife has a habit of sitting up late. So every morning (around 4 am) i move from the bed to near the computer incase she gets tired and needs to talk while driving. I would be much easier if I got a cell phone, but I have a really comfortable couch.

Untitled2.png

Untitled1.png

Untitled.png

The olds, like my dad, like the voice-to-text stuff. He just has to press one button and talk instead of hunting and pecking for the letters. Give it a shot.
I know about talking instead of typing, although I don't use it because I don't want to send somebody something that I didn't really mean. But receiving a text by audio is new to me.
Anyway, it is what it is.
Getting old beats the alternative. 🤣

I know about talking instead of typing, although I don't use it because I don't want to send somebody something that I didn't really mean. But receiving a text by audio is new to me.
Anyway, it is what it is.
Getting old beats the alternative. 🤣

Apple Play or Android Auto is the software that makes it happen. Idk what you’re working with in your truck. If it has those, you plug into the usb and the car and phone handle the rest.

My wife has a habit of sitting up late. So every morning (around 4 am) i move from the bed to near the computer incase she gets tired and needs to talk while driving. I would be much easier if I got a cell phone, but I have a really comfortable couch.

Untitled2.png

Untitled1.png

Untitled.png

My dad always got up early for work (like 2am early). Sometimes he’s take me to to games at night on workdays, so he was up for like 20 hours straight. My job in the passenger seat was to keep talking to him and keep him awake for the 45 minute ride home.

I’m in a dynasty fantasy football league with friends and our chat stays pretty active even in the off-season. This morning, one of them posted a gif of her and I replied with, “I bet she has the weirdest sex.”

like Audrey Plaza at the end of Mike and Dave need Wedding Dates. Probably just like that.

ADVERTISEMENT