ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

The left has a knack for creating false idols while condemning an entire group of people based on terrible ideologies. It's the best way to divide society.

Then you’d thing their opposition, the Right, would want to be sensible and bring everybody together but they actively try to divide us more. Why is that?

You think it's awesome to idolize pieces of shit who brought nothing to society but violence and crime? (Floyd, not Taylor) neither one should have died in the manner that they did. But neither one was a saint worthy of public memorials.

Some of the guys at the Alamo were pretty shitty people. Criminals. We idolize them.

He’s really ****in talented though is the point. Remarkable work. Not some shit graffiti. Has held many art expos all over US.
Talented..without a doubt. Should Floyd garner murals. **** no. He was as bad as the way he had to go out. No role model. No rallying point. Nobody contributed more to his own demise than he did. I say that while acknowledging he should
T have died when he did.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
218093124_1674583042731296_1440137658023805052_n.jpg

Talented..without a doubt. Should Floyd garner murals. **** no. He was as bad as the way he had to go out. No role model. No rallying point. Nobody contributed more to his own demise than he did. I say that while acknowledging he should
T have died when he did.
FTR there are murals of Tupac and Biggie in some cities. I don’t think it matters if they’re role models. Heavily disagree about contributing to his own demise, but to each his own.

FTR there are murals of Tupac and Biggie in some cities. I don’t think it matters if they’re role models. Heavily disagree about contributing to his own demise, but to each his own.
You think he would be dead had he complied with the officers arresting him.

I think its a terrible injustice what happened, but i also think he played a small part in what happened. Comply with the officers and he likely doesnt end up on rhe ground with someone on top of him period.

Not to mention if he wasnt a criminal(or whatever word u wanna use) the law wpuldnt have been looking for him to begin with.

I mean, Floyd didnt exactly right california love or mo money mo problems. I'm not sure he did anything of note except repetitively break serious laws. You can't honestly say he didnt put himself on a path to destruction...can you? I just think its a little comical the same loudmouths wanting to take down statues that nobody cares about are the same ones putting ones up of GF.

Tupac and Biggie, whether they were your idols or not, were idolized by many. Terrible comparison. Floyd was a career criminal with a history of violence against women, including pressing a gun against a pregnant woman's stomach during a home invasion. Though Tupac and Biggie had their own history of violence and glorifying drug use and gang life. They were more to society than a local drugy who resorted to violence for personal gains. It's at least understandable to see murals of them in different cities across the country.

Also, how can anyone say with a straight face that Floyd did not contribute to his own demise?

Reactions: Villian07
including pressing a gun against a pregnant woman's stomach during a home invasion.

This didn’t happen, FYI. He was a part of a robbery of a woman, yes. No, she wasn’t pregnant. No, he didn’t press a gun against her stomach. She was injured by another man in the robbery.

Floyd wasn’t a good guy and committed a lot of theft and liked cocaine. But let’s not exaggerate his crimes.

Last edited:
This didn’t happen, FYI. He was a part of a robbery of a woman, yes. No, she wasn’t pregnant. No, he didn’t press a gun against her stomach. She was injured by another man in the robbery.

Floyd wasn’t a good guy and committed a lot of left and liked cocaine. But let’s not exaggerate his crimes.
If this is true, then I will stand corrected. I am just repeating what I have seen/heard from multiple places. I am not intentionally exaggerating his crimes. Being part of a home invasion is enough for me to consider him a lowlife not worthy of public murals. So take away the pregnant woman aspect. What is your argument about the rest?

If this is true, then I will stand corrected. I am just repeating what I have seen/heard from multiple places. I am not intentionally exaggerating his crimes. Being part of a home invasion is enough for me to consider him a lowlife not worthy of public murals. So take away the pregnant woman aspect. What is your argument about the rest?
Totally agree he doesn’t deserve a fvcking statue. We took down some POS statues in Charlottesville recently (Robert E Lee, for one), but then we put up trash like Floyd. One day we’ll get it right, hopefully.

Floyd wasn’t a good guy and committed a lot of theft and liked cocaine. But let’s not exaggerate his crimes.

Here’s what’s true about the case:

Floyd pleaded guilty in 2009 to aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. He was not charged with kidnapping or assault.

According to the complaint in the case, filed in 2007, Floyd was one of six men who forced his way into the Houston home that Aracely Henriquez shared with Angel Negrete and a 1-year-old child.

One of the men claimed to be from the water department in order to get Henriquez to open the door. Then Floyd, who was described as the biggest of the men who pulled up in a black Ford Explorer, forced his way in and “placed a pistol against the complainant’s abdomen, and forced her into the living room,” the complaint says. It doesn’t say whether or not Henriquez was pregnant.

I wonder how many people officers did this to who weren’t undercover cops:

For those wondering why some people don’t trust police officers, this is why. If that guy wasn’t an undercover officer, they 100% would not be looking at prison time.

I wonder how many people officers did this to who weren’t undercover cops:

For those wondering why some people don’t trust police officers, this is why. If that guy wasn’t an undercover officer, they 100% would not be looking at prison time.
The same guy who says it's a small number of protesters that were violent (dozens dead, thousands injured and over $1billion in damage) so it's not worth taking away from the overall message... wants to use a story of police officers who are being held accountable for their roles in an excessive force incident as some sort of justification for not trusting police as if their overall contribution to society isn't overwhelmingly positive.

We all know there are shitty cops. And your assumption that 100% they wouldn't serve jail time had their victim not been an undercover officer is pretty ignorant. Not that it isn't possible that you would be right, nothing is 100%. Cops go to jail all the time for excessive force against citizens. Obviously not in most cases.

It’s a mural. Take it for what it is. Jfc lol.

Also, Ten Crack Commandments and Everyday Struggle for the win.
We're not acting like it is the end of the world. We're just saying that it is stupid as shit to make an idol out of a lowlife criminal.

We're not acting like it is the end of the world. We're just saying that it is stupid as shit to make an idol out of a lowlife criminal.
Y’all seem a little butthurt over it. It’ll be just fine. You can always close or squint your eyes when you drive past it. Many people disagree with your sentiment and think it’s awesome. It’ll be okay.

Reactions: brooky03
Totally agree he doesn’t deserve a fvcking statue. We took down some POS statues in Charlottesville recently (Robert E Lee, for one), but then we put up trash like Floyd. One day we’ll get it right, hopefully.
This. Unfortunately America has swung so far one way, that it’s very okay to have murals of criminals as long as they aren’t white. You won’t find any Republicans or conservatives on this forum upset that confederate monuments are being taken down. However, it does seem more than a few lefties are okay idolizing a criminal.

Y’all seem a little butthurt over it. It’ll be just fine. You can always close or squint your eyes when you drive past it. Many people disagree with your sentiment and think it’s awesome. It’ll be okay.
I gotta ask...what is awesome about it?

I gotta ask...what is awesome about it?
Awesome is subjective. I think it was a great piece of art that looks amazing. You guys don’t. What else is there to talk about? Clearly you guys don’t agree, and that’s fine.

Awesome is subjective. I think it was a great piece of art that looks amazing. You guys don’t. What else is there to talk about? Clearly you guys don’t agree, and that’s fine.
Just trying to understand a different opinion. Like you said, it doesnt really matter much in the grand design of things...I just find it pretty strange a man of his character and history of being a POS..has his face plastered on shirts and buildings like he is someone to look up. I mean, do you roll by huge trump murals and say "the artwork is amazing and most people think its awesome"? You think there should be statues of guys like trump?

ADVERTISEMENT