ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

EV0Z2.gif

I am really having a hard time getting motivated to work today. Coming off a long weekend where I basically had no down time, I have 9 days off in a row starting on Saturday, and my boss isn't in the office today.

Does anyone else ever think to themselves, sometimes it just sucks to basically work your life away until you're 70. And at that point what is the quality of life?

Jimbo's thoughts for the morning.

I’m slowly starting to invest more into retirement for that reason. Retiring early enough to enjoy shit like season tickets to a MLB stadium would be awesome. Retiring at 70 might not be as fun to do that.

But at the same time that logic has me wanting to spend more of my money now and enjoy things while I’m able to instead of have a bunch of money in my 70s and not be able to enjoy it as much.

I’m slowly starting to invest more into retirement for that reason. Retiring early enough to enjoy shit like season tickets to a MLB stadium would be awesome. Retiring at 70 might not be as fun to do that.

But at the same time that logic has me wanting to spend more of my money now and enjoy things while I’m able to instead of have a bunch of money in my 70s and not be able to enjoy it as much.
Zero chance I work into my 60's. I'm tighter than tree bark for that exact reason.

Feels like you get shafted either way almost, haha

I don't give the guys across the pond credit much, but I think Europe has a much better work/life balance than America does. Think they only work like 30 hours a week. Sign me up.

Feels like you get shafted either way almost, haha

I don't give the guys across the pond credit much, but I think Europe has a much better work/life balance than America does. Think they only work like 30 hours a week. Sign me up.
IIRC Australia is the same way with weekly work hours.

Reactions: JimboBBN
No financial advisor but I'm doing 10% to 401k 10% Roth and bagging on company stock plan. If you can afford to stack do it... It's some free $ and the fact is electronic auto pull makes it so easy. It's like you don't even think about the $ is moving but it adds up ... Opened a high yield account a few yrs ago. More free $ though the rate isn't great now.

Reactions: cdbearde

I am 81. Shit, life BEGINS at 70!! Here in the Phil I own NOTHING! Foreigners cannot BUY land, but can lease for 25 years renewable, Bank and stock accounts in the USA, joint with kids so when I want a transfusion of cash simply have daughter wire some and when I kick no inheritance problems. Every few months send some 21 caret jewelry to a kid in the states.
Check out pre construction Condos in Mactan, Cebu. Takes 3-5 years to be built, but you get crazy low prices, then ready when you are. Permanent residence visa and you are set.
Only drawback is 12 hour time difference so afternoon games ate 1-3 AM here. ESPN cannot broadcast to Asia so get proxy server in Portugal for games and USA for MGOBLUE

Reactions: cdbearde
No financial advisor but I'm doing 10% to 401k 10% Roth and bagging on company stock plan. If you can afford to stack do it... It's some free $ and the fact is electronic auto pull makes it so easy. It's like you don't even think about the $ is moving but it adds up ... Opened a high yield account a few yrs ago. More free $ though the rate isn't great now.

Can’t go that high here. Need to pay off debt first.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I am really having a hard time getting motivated to work today. Coming off a long weekend where I basically had no down time, I have 9 days off in a row starting on Saturday, and my boss isn't in the office today.

Does anyone else ever think to themselves, sometimes it just sucks to basically work your life away until you're 70. And at that point what is the quality of life?

"Stop being patient and start asking yourself, how do I accomplish my 10 year plan in 6 months? You'll probably fail, but you'll be a lot further along than the person who simply accepted it was going to take 10 years!" - Musk

The video does not align with what the person said in the tweet. They seemed to agree that the players who were facing a different direction, but towards another flag.

I think he was referring to the initial reaction pushed by some right-wing outlets (the Post-Millennial kicked it off, I think), which was that players were turning their backs on a veteran playing the national anthem.

I don’t know how Fox originally covered it and don’t have an issue with the video posted, where they say it seemed believable at first to them. I’m sure it did seem believable to them and I understand why it did.

Yes yes and yes me! Its why i job hop and dont have a “career”

waste the best years of your life working at least 5/7 days only to able to hopefully afford to die in a nursing home when you retire its sooooooo stupid.

Id rather enjoy 40 years of the best years of my life and put a bullet in my head than work 40 straight so i can sit back when im 60-70 IF I even make it that long. Seen too many ppl die rich when they should have retired and enjoyed the fruits of their labor.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimboBBN
Yes yes and yes me! Its why i job hop and dont have a “career”

waste the best years of your life working at least 5/7 days only to able to hopefully afford to die in a nursing home when you retire its sooooooo stupid.

Id rather enjoy 40 years or my life and put a bullet in my head than work 40 straight so i can sit back when im 60-70 IF I even make it that long.
Learn a craft/trade you love and you'll never work a day in your life. It's cliché, but you're never to old to learn new stuff and adapt, and you're too young to settle.

*Find what you love, and let it kill you" - Kinky Friedman

Learn a craft/trade you love and you'll never work a day in your life. It's cliché, but you're never to old to learn new stuff and adapt, and you're too young to settle.

*Find what you love, and let it kill you" - Kinky Friedman
Drug dealer isnt a very reputable or long term option though 😂

Plus how many people really have it like that 1/100? 1/1000? Not many id say.

ADVERTISEMENT