ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

My guess is it’s due to Covid. Supply of new cars is down and demand for used cars is up (I think). If he bought the car just before Covid or right at the beginning of it, I could see it being worth more now.
That makes sense, i know anyone who built a house right before covid probably doubled their property value. Well maybe not that much but increased it to say the least with the ridiculous increase In orice of materials.

Reactions: brooky03
I dont remember the exact weight either but a dude from that area said that was like a juvinile or a sick/malnutrition bc it wasnt exactly full size but it wasnt super far away and they do get bigger, which you alluded too. And obv thats bigger than like half sized or a pup so its impressive to say the least. Its obv not impossible so youve got that going for ya 👍
Adult toms can easily weight over 200 lbs. Biggest on record was over 275.

Right on. Still 140 is pretty impressive though. I wouldnt wanna mess with a coyote nor bobcat and they are much smaller. Obv that guy wasnt lookin to pick a fight but still super impressive he survived. Thats insane they got one on record 275, geeze wonder if it was super long or super fat or both.

That would sure get your adrenaline pumping. I would be interested to see what the cat would do if the guy didn't back down. Like a pussy.
I figure you would like that one. She was a small one but a mother too. The first one down the road was one of hers. I bet she didn't go 90 lbs. Females to be around 140 and the males up to 220. I had a 220 lb St. Bernard. Great dog, but when he played he did whatever he wanted with me lol and I could bench and press much more than my weight at the time. A quick 220 mountain lion would be a tough out. I'ld rather fight a wolf lol

Reactions: JimboBBN
I figure you would like that one. She was a small one but a mother too. The first one down the road was one of hers. I bet she didn't go 90 lbs. Females to be around 140 and the males up to 220. I had a 220 lb St. Bernard. Great dog, but when he played he did whatever he wanted with me lol and I could bench and press much more than my weight at the time. A quick 220 mountain lion would be a tough out. I'ld rather fight a wolf lol
With those claws and teeth, it wouldn't be a fight at all. You'd be dead before you had a chance to sneeze. 😆

That would sure get your adrenaline pumping. I would be interested to see what the cat would do if the guy didn't back down. Like a pussy.
She would've attacked immediately if she felt he was too close and a threat to her kittens. But in this situation her intention never was to attack, it was just to get him as far away from the kittens as possible. Once he was halfway up the trail had he stopped she would've stopped too, more than likely, and just stood her ground continuing to growl and bluff charge until he left. That wasn't an aggressive, stalking approach, it was a get away from my kids or I will be forced to F you up approach.

giphy.gif

Oh yea, I take the wolf one on one every time over a cougar.

She would've attacked immediately if she felt he was too close and a threat to her kittens. But in this situation her intention never was to attack, it was just to get him as far away from the kittens as possible. Once he was halfway up the trail had he stopped she would've stopped too, more than likely, and just stood her ground continuing to growl and bluff charge until he left. That wasn't an aggressive, stalking approach, it was a get away from my kids or I will be forced to F you up approach.
Sounds like I would be really intimidating to her. Can't blame her at all.

On a serious note, I wonder if a large male made lots of noise and got big with arms in the air, if that would really scare off something like that. Good news for me, any time I go to a park like that around here, I am carrying :)

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan

Over 200 is rare.

Adult males average approximately 140 pounds but in rare cases may weigh 180 pounds and measure 7-8 feet long from nose to tip of tail. Adult males stand about 30 inches tall at the shoulder. Adult female cougars rarely exceed 110 pounds.

I think the type of human it would take to kill an adult wolf or mountain lion would be would that is trained in fighting to the death. One that realizes losing a hand while the wolf bites it during your choke hold or eye gouging is the cost of staying alive.

Navy Seals, Army Rangers, etc.

I think the type of human it would take to kill an adult wolf or mountain lion would be would that is trained in fighting to the death. One that realizes losing a hand while the wolf bites it during your choke hold or eye gouging is the cost of staying alive.

Navy Seals, Army Rangers, etc.
I think a lot of people would be surprised how much damage they can do in a life vs death situation.

I think a lot of people would be surprised how much damage they can do in a life vs death situation.

This. I think anybody moderately athletic could stand a chance. Also, wild animals aren’t keen on getting injured, they’re opportunists. Getting a sprained ankle = death, for a predator. So if you get a couple good blows in, they might peace out.

Now, if we’re talking about a highly motivated full-grown cougar, and one of you has to die, I’m putting money on the killing machine with knives built into its paws, but I could see humans winning a few in a 7 game series.

IRL, you’d probably be able to get to a big stick or rock(s). That goes a long way in evening the odds. You nail a cougar in the head with a 5 pound rock, it’s going to be seeing stars and also confused as hell.

IRL, you’d probably be able to get to a big stick or rock(s). That goes a long way in evening the odds. You nail a cougar in the head with a 5 pound rock, it’s going to be seeing stars and also confused as hell.
I'm pretty sure if I nailed a cougar in the head with a big rock, that would be game over. Even a stick that doesn't break. That makes your odds a lot higher. That said, if you get a hold of it, you can probably just choke it to death. That cougar won't know what the hell is going on, he's never had anything strangle him before lol

Yea but the original argument was a cage match, bare hands. Not trying to bust your balls just saying that def changes things.

I'm pretty sure if I nailed a cougar in the head with a big rock, that would be game over. Even a stick that doesn't break. That makes your odds a lot higher. That said, if you get a hold of it, you can probably just choke it to death. That cougar won't know what the hell is going on, he's never had anything strangle him before lol
Its gonna freak out and claw the shit out of you unless it wasnunconscious from the rock or u were choking from the rear.

anything is gonna freak out if it cant breathe, regardless if theyd experienced before or not. The ML isnt gonna be like i cant breathe and have never had this happen i dont know what to do so i guess ill jist chill and wait it out. No its going to freak out.

I still think you should get you a live trap and catch a possum or raccoon and see if u can grab it out of there and choke it out before it elludes you and runs off. Baby steps 😂

Ill jist put it like this, im never gonna brag about being tough or strong or some great fighter bc im not, but we had an old barn cat get run over and it broke its back but didnt kill it and it was flopping around, it was pitiful so i decided id put it out of its misery and figure id just choke it out like you said, well i pinned its head down and tried to strangle it, and after about 30-60 secs of it clawing the shit out of my hands, i went and got a gun. Now i know i could have completed the task if neccessary but it wasnt pleasant, and that was a cat.

I still think you should get you a live trap and catch a possum or raccoon and see if u can grab it out of there and choke it out before it elludes you and runs off. Baby steps 😂
There is no running off in a cage match, fight to the death.

Let’s start here. A dog who hasn’t been trained and is mean. A pit bull. You honestly think it would take me more than 30 seconds to subdue and take that thing out?

Ill jist put it like this, im never gonna brag about being tough or strong or some great fighter bc im not, but we had an old barn cat get run over and it broke its back but didnt kill it and it was flopping around, it was pitiful so i decided id put it out of its misery and figure id just choke it out like you said, well i pinned its head down and tried to strangle it, and after about 30-60 secs of it clawing the shit out of my hands, i went and got a gun. Now i know i could have completed the task if neccessary but it wasnt pleasant, and that was a cat.
You weren’t fighting for your life. You were trying to be calm by ending something else’s. Very different scenarios

You weren’t fighting for your life. You were trying to be calm by ending something else’s. Very different scenarios
Absolutely i was just illustrating that animals arent gonna throw in the towel just bc you start to choke them jist bc theyve never been strangled before, they are gonna freak the eff out. Animals have a Survival mode just like humans, they just stay in it a helluva lot more.

But yea i mean ur def right i could have prob just ripped the cats head smooth off ringing its neck like a duck if i wasnt trying to be somewhat humane.

ADVERTISEMENT