ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

Ok really i just got to figure out if im gonna get lost wages thru my car insirance or im gonna have to go to work on sunday in dayton ohio.

Not that i know of but after the wreck when i was in skyline in nashville for 3 days i dont remember shit and was crazy as hell.
I was in a bad accident in 2008, have no memory of that day or two weeks after it. I had a skull fracture and lost a ton of blood. I agreed to be their study piece, answered a bunch of questions and took some cognitive tests 10 years after the accident. I am supposed to do it again at the 25 year mark. It's $500 each test, so...

• Wow
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Sex_memes06_17-21-600-12.jpg

I was in a bad accident in 2008, have no memory of that day or two weeks after it. I had a skull fracture and lost a ton of blood. I agreed to be their study piece, answered a bunch of questions and took some cognitive tests 10 years after the accident. I am supposed to do it again at the 25 year mark. It's $500 each test, so...
Hmm i moght have to look into that. I had never heard of it tbh.

I dont remember the day of the crash or the first two in the hospital where allegedly i was acting crazy af lol

when I bought my F150 last March, had to walk out of the dealership before we agreed on a price. Will have to use that method from now on. I’m sure I won’t get a call on my way home every time, but if it happens at a 50 percent clip, I would say it’s worth it.

Walking away from the table can be your best bargaining chip. If they let you walk out and don’t call, nbd, you can go to one of the other half dozen dealers nearby.

My dad has gotten some good deals on cars this way.

Walking away from the table can be your best bargaining chip. If they let you walk out and don’t call, nbd, you can go to one of the other half dozen dealers nearby.

My dad has gotten some good deals on cars this way.
Know your own credit score/tier goes a long ways as well. You can get a car on the cheap, and get raped on the back end.

I got lucky. Bought a 2020 Pathfinder back in October. Was prepared to put $5k down but ended up getting 6 year interest free. No point in putting money down on an interest free loan. Also was able to add more bells and whistles with the money saved on interest. No telling what it would cost now.

I dont mess with loans, give me the 95 volvo for cheap over having to pay a cent of interest.
Yup. If I need a loan to buy the vehicle, I don't need that vehicle. I will continue driving my 1999 F-150 with only 103K miles. Obviously I don't drive that much, so I don't care to spend 10s of thousands on a new vehicle that will depreciate substantially as soon as I drive it off the lot anyway.

Reactions: Villian07
We are half on the same page then, i dont do new vehicles either, for the exact reason you said. Gimme the 2-5 year old that the old person who bought it new had trouble climbing in and out of so they traded up.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Yup. If I need a loan to buy the vehicle, I don't need that vehicle. I will continue driving my 1999 F-150 with only 103K miles. Obviously I don't drive that much, so I don't care to spend 10s of thousands on a new vehicle that will depreciate substantially as soon as I drive it off the lot anyway.

My Tuscon is worth $3,000 more than when I bought it new.

The mountain lion he killed wasn't very big, but the guy is about half my size. I think I could take one, anything less than like 140 lbs. Not sure how big they get

Reactions: cdbearde
I am a drive it till it dies kind of guy. Though my other car is still fine. Just has some little annoying things about it. So I don't really care if it depreciates. This is the first time since 2009 that I have bought a car. First brand new one ever. I plan on having it a very long time.

My sister-in-law refuses to have a car loan. She buys $2k cars and end up spending probably a thousand or more per year to keep it running. Invariably ends up junking the car after a few years when a big expensive repair or group of repairs comes up.

I’d rather have a car payment with negligible interest and some reliability.

I am a drive it till it dies kind of guy. Though my other car is still fine. Just has some little annoying things about it. So I don't really care if it depreciates. This is the first time since 2009 that I have bought a car. First brand new one ever. I plan on having it a very long time.
Yeah, I have had to replace a few things here recently (fuel pump, serpentine belt and a pulley, driver's side window motor). Just the shit that starts to go out on a 22-year-old vehicle. Still has the original clutch (103K miles), so that might be next on the list.

Yeah, I have had to replace a few things here recently (fuel pump, serpentine belt and a pulley, driver's side window motor). Just the shit that starts to go out on a 22-year-old vehicle. Still has the original clutch (103K miles), so that might be next on the list.
My car was an 08' G6. Never had any reall issues with it except for the rear manifold. Which wouldn't be a big deal other than the front manifold, catalytic converter and the rear manifold are all one part. So a couple hundred dollar fix turned into $1,400. Also, I was having to constantly change the headlight harnesses and to do that, you got to take the bumper off. Finally I said fvck it, it had been 7 years since I had a car payment, time to get with the times. I still have it, it's the beach car now. The biggest problem is now my wife wants a new car.

I get 50% off vehicle repairs and pay 10% over cost on tires and batteries through my employer, which is nice. I basically get stuff fixed for a little more than it would cost me to do it myself, without the wasted weekend hours and frustration.

Reactions: GhostOf301
My car was an 08' G6. Never had any reall issues with it except for the rear manifold. Which wouldn't be a big deal other than the front manifold, catalytic converter and the rear manifold are all one part. So a couple hundred dollar fix turned into $1,400. Also, I was having to constantly change the headlight harnesses and to do that, you got to take the bumper off. Finally I said fvck it, it had been 7 years since I had a car payment, time to get with the times. I still have it, it's the beach car now. The biggest problem is now my wife wants a new car.
Yeah, engineers can be idiots sometimes. They just try to figure out how to make everything fit, with no regard of the pain in the ass it will be to repair and replace parts. A $13 replacement part cost you $1200 in labor costs 7 hours later. 😆

Reactions: GhostOf301
I get 50% off vehicle repairs and pay 10% over cost on tires and batteries through my employer, which is nice. I basically get stuff fixed for a little more than it would cost me to do it myself, without the wasted weekend hours and frustration.
A guy that can't drive a manual or back a boat into the lake generally can't do DIY car fixes either. 😁

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT