ADVERTISEMENT

Pissing on a Match

I’m at the point that I want any and all actual “death threats” investigated by the feds and the responsible people prosecuted.

What I don’t want is “rumors” that lazy, desperate sports media types can throw out as a way to trend on Twitter.

That doesn’t seem like an awful ask to me.

Personally I don't think Wiseman is death-threat worthy anyway. He's lucky he survived O. Tshiebwe who I feel is the stud of this class. Not getting Wiseman had no affect on me either way.

Last edited:
I kind of wanted him at UNC as a third big behind Brooks and Manley tbh.

Dj Jeffries is a legend in his own mind. The guy won’t score 200 points at Memphis yet because he’s teammates with wiseman he thinks he’s on the same level. He may turn out to be a decent player but it won’t happen for a couple years. We’ve had many guys like him come and go at uk. I think donte Allen will be better than him anyways. I’m not the least upset or wish ill will on either player, but I would put bamba ahead of wiseman and Texas had a much better team and they won absolutely nothing. This is make or break for penny. If they don’t succeed it will make it really hard for him to continue success.

Dj Jeffries is a legend in his own mind. The guy won’t score 200 points at Memphis yet because he’s teammates with wiseman he thinks he’s on the same level. He may turn out to be a decent player but it won’t happen for a couple years. We’ve had many guys like him come and go at uk. I think donte Allen will be better than him anyways. I’m not the least upset or wish ill will on either player, but I would put bamba ahead of wiseman and Texas had a much better team and they won absolutely nothing. This is make or break for penny. If they don’t succeed it will make it really hard for him to continue success.
Sounds like sour grapes.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
Sounds like sour grapes.
Not really just saying dude thinks that he’s a legend because he plays on the same team as wiseman. He would of came off the bench at uk. I’d say Charles Matthews is better than him out of high school and he came off the bench and transferred. Like I said he will probably be a decent player but he will never be some first round pick

Allen dropped in 52 on opening game....

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
“Holmes told the Commercial Appeal that he’s unsure whether or not his team will play in this weekend’s event.”

And then in the next sentence, the KY blog says thankfully there was nothing to the death threats rumor? Well if there is nothing to it then they would know they are playing, wouldn’t they?

Are they now being threatened that they can’t say they were threatened? They should have collected some caller ID phone numbers, saved the voice on voice mail, saved texts, and given any mailed threats to the cops for fingerprints. Then prosecute the threateners.

Honestly, Cal (and UK fans) shouldn’t have thought, when he left Memphis high and dry, taking recruits with him, that he would be able to recruit there any more anyway. He never finished the job getting them to #1 because he got outcoached by Kansas. Memphis got to second in the nation once under him and once under Bartow whose Tigers fell to John Wooden’s UCLA with Bill Walton scoring 40+ points.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT