ADVERTISEMENT

OT/ Have you ever shot a machine gun?

Shot one back in '99 or '00 at the Knob Creek machine gun shoot. Used to go every year. I could by 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 for $75 back then. Wish I had invested in more ammo at a young age; that isht is heavy though.
Bingo. Knob Creek is where I turned one loose as well. That was probably 6-7 yrs ago. Had some old junkers backed up to the base of the mountain there. Tore that sumbitch up Laughing

della, Can you shoot your 9mm pistol as fast as big fella does? I couldn't. LOL

That has to be an auto pistol, so no. We go more for accuracy than speed.
I have never seen a Beretta fully auto pistol. But I understand shooting for accuracy, I am the same on that. Why waste money on ammo not hitting crap, when you can have fun putting it where you want it, and making it count.

Reactions: della
I am actually a very good shot now. I can shoot the big .45's, but a box of them will wear me out.
I like to shoot target pistols, mostly .22s, but I have a 9mm too.
While I have several weapons .22s are my favorite. Own 7 .22 pistols. Was able to add a S&W K22 Combat Masterpiece a couple of years ago. It was a childhood dream to own one.

Yep on the machine gun. A Ma Deuce.

While I have several weapons .22s are my favorite. Own 7 .22 pistols. Was able to add a S&W K22 Combat Masterpiece a couple of years ago. It was a childhood dream to own one.

Yep on the machine gun. A Ma Deuce.
I don't think I have ever shot a 22 revolver. It looks like an excellent pistol.

We shot an MP-5, it has settings and auto is one of them. You pull the trigger and the bullets start flying.
I have an AR-15 with a bump stock/slide fire, C-Mag, and flash enhancer that does the same thing. I mean I had one and I lost it in a tragic boating accident.

I am actually a very good shot now. I can shoot the big .45's, but a box of them will wear me out.
I like to shoot target pistols, mostly .22s, but I have a 9mm too.
I shoot .45 Long Colt out of my S & W Governor. You might actually like that handgun if you go to a range that allows you to shoot different weapons. The WORST weapon I ever shot was my Ruger SR9c cc handgun, thing recoils like a dang mule. Of course this was before I lost them all in a tragic boating accident(for any FEDS lurking)

I don't think I have ever shot a 22 revolver. It looks like an excellent pistol.
Thanks. The K22 was used by many as a target pistol. I have the K22, a Ruger Single Six, and a H&R .22 mag in revolvers. Of the seven ,22s three are target pistols.

The single six is also nice looking. Comes with two cylinders long and WMR. I keep it in a western holster my Uncle gave me.

OIP.D3f5Jol6EX3ZCp5Zym8uFgHaEA

Thanks. The K22 was used by many as a target pistol. I have the K22, a Ruger Single Six, and a H&R .22 mag in revolvers. Of the seven ,22s three are target pistols.

The single six is also nice looking. Comes with two cylinders long and WMR. I keep it in a western holster my Uncle gave me.

OIP.D3f5Jol6EX3ZCp5Zym8uFgHaEA
I do have a S&W model 41 if you're familiar with it.

I have an AR-15 with a bump stock/slide fire, C-Mag, and flash enhancer that does the same thing. I mean I had one and I lost it in a tragic boating accident.
I have never seen one of these bump stocks I hear about.

I have never seen one of these bump stocks I hear about.
You hold the trigger down and the recoil allows the stock to move back and forth thus chambering another round, like having an automatic weapon. It had to be registered with the ATF before I could purchase it though.

I shoot .45 Long Colt out of my S & W Governor. You might actually like that handgun if you go to a range that allows you to shoot different weapons. The WORST weapon I ever shot was my Ruger SR9c cc handgun, thing recoils like a dang mule. Of course this was before I lost them all in a tragic boating accident(for any FEDS lurking)
That sounds like a pretty big bullet.

My husband is a gun nut and he is who got me into them. It started with him demanding a get a carry conceal, so he took me to the range. I use to could not hit the broad side of a barn and now I can hit half dollars.

Reactions: HurricaneDave
Never have nor wanted to. Of course, I don’t have a small pecker, so...

Yes a very high quality target pistol. My High Standard Supermatic is very similar.

OIP.utTYjJUlsJRLsGVArX_8vgHaD4

Hi-Standard-Supermatic-Trophy-22-LR-Model-102-Spacegun-8and-39-and-39-High-Standard_101245194_86589_7C57D473007EA375.JPG

I have a high standard "space gun". My husband found it at a pawn shop. It is a high glossy blue and I have never even shot it.

That sounds like a pretty big bullet.

My husband is a gun nut and he is who got me into them. It started with him demanding a get a carry conceal, so he took me to the range. I use to could not hit the broad side of a barn and now I can hit half dollars.
It's probably 1/4 inch longer than an ACP round that you shoot, difference of about 30-40 grains of powder. I got the Governor because it shoots .45 Long Colt, .410 shotgun shells, and with the star clip I can also shoot .45 ACP like you shoot from it. It was a very versatile weapon as far as what ammo I wanted to shoot. ACP for plinking, .410 for snakes around the pond, and Long Colt for home defense. It's def not a cc weapon, it's very heavy. Side note, I got my lady a S & W Bodyguard for Christmas because she wanted to get her cc. She has yet to shoot it though because of weather here.

It's probably 1/4 inch longer than an ACP round that you shoot, difference of about 30-40 grains of powder. I got the Governor because it shoots .45 Long Colt, .410 shotgun shells, and with the star clip I can also shoot .45 ACP like you shoot from it. It was a very versatile weapon as far as what ammo I wanted to shoot. ACP for plinking, .410 for snakes around the pond, and Long Colt for home defense. It's def not a cc weapon, it's very heavy. Side note, I got my lady a S & W Bodyguard for Christmas because she wanted to get her cc. She has yet to shoot it though because of weather here.
I think that is too much pistol for me if it shoots a shotgun shell.

I got a Sig 938 for carry conceal, but I don't ever carry conceal. 😁

Yep. A number of times. I am a pretty shitty full auto shooter... I usually keep it to short bursts,because I want to hit and because ammo aint cheap.

45 Long Colt is a nice round... my Winchester takes them. Again, not cheap though.

Hi-Standard-Supermatic-Trophy-22-LR-Model-102-Spacegun-8and-39-and-39-High-Standard_101245194_86589_7C57D473007EA375.JPG

I have a high standard "space gun". My husband found it at a pawn shop. It is a high glossy blue and I have never even shot it.
That is a Citation Supermatic with a longer barrel, weights and a compensator. You will enjoy shooting the pistol, but you might want to take the weights off as they are usually used in target competitions. It is Olympic grade.

That is a Citation Supermatic with a longer barrel, weights and a compensator. You will enjoy shooting the pistol, but you might want to take the weights off as they are usually used in target competitions. It is Olympic grade.
Mine is actually a Trophy 103 model. It has a glossy finish. I just grabbed the pic off the internet. I haven't shot it because to it just so pretty.

• Haha
I think that is too much pistol for me if it shoots a shotgun shell.

I got a Sig 938 for carry conceal, but I don't ever carry conceal. 😁
I actually think you'd love it after your second shot. Your first shot you will probably be nervous. Actually the Governor weighs almost 30 oz which is heavy thus less snub nose recoil. As I said, I'd rather shoot that then my 9mm, less recoil. I recommend you give it a try if you go somewhere that they let you try them out.

I actually think you'd love it after your second shot. Your first shot you will probably be nervous. Actually the Governor weighs almost 30 oz which is heavy thus less snub nose recoil. As I said, I'd rather shoot that then my 9mm, less recoil. I recommend you give it a try if you go somewhere that they let you try them out.
I'll shot anything once, but I don't like a lot of recoil.

Mine is actually a Trophy 103 model. It has a glossy finish. I just grabbed the pic off the internet. I haven't shot it because to it just so pretty.
Not to argue but it is a High Standard Supermatic Trophy 103 and yes the Supermatics are finished to a high degree. Go ahead and bust some caps it will not effect the finish and you will be giggling for hours.

6465289_03_high_standard_supermatic_troph_640.jpg

Reactions: della
I had the pleasure of firing M60's in the Army in the early 90's. Pretty powerful weapons.

Speaking of pistols that shoot shotgun rounds, this is the current object of affection... might be the next thing to add to the collection:

31736878467_17bf2123a1_b.jpg

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT