ADVERTISEMENT

Call me a hater but I'm just not seeing it with this years UConn team...

ABVolsFan92

Gold Member
May 31, 2012
Hurley a great coach and Clingans been banged up but they don't have the scoring power like they did last year Andre Jackson and that other dude that shot 3's are two big losses. I still think they are probably top 15 good but just not championship level.

The handful of times I've watched them they looked pretty good. The bald assistant coach needs to sit down and don't interfere.

• Haha
Reactions: ABVolsFan92
I need to see more. They’re getting a lot of praise for beating mid majors, like creighton at home and only scoring 60 points.
If I'm a UConn fan, I would be concerned about the offense for sure.

Hurley a great coach and Clingans been banged up but they don't have the scoring power like they did last year Andre Jackson and that other dude that shot 3's are two big losses. I still think they are probably top 15 good but just not championship level.
You're a hater.

Okay I'm going to reiterate that I was wrong here. They are starting to gel at the right time, looks like the best team by a good margin. Castle is starting to become that 3rd guard they need to score

Reactions: Erock-conn
Okay I'm going to reiterate that I was wrong here. They are starting to gel at the right time, looks like the best team by a good margin. Castle is starting to become that 3rd guard they need to score
I just called you a hater cause you asked us to. I don't truly believe that you are.

• Haha
Reactions: ABVolsFan92
I'm going to put some money on them while I'm in Vegas. Only team I feel has an above average chance this year.
If they win it all again, it will be crazy impressive. Florida is the last team to repeat and they did so because their entire core got together and decided to run it back. UConn lost a bunch of dudes and is in this position again.

They play at number 15 Creighton tomorrow night. I don’t think Creighton matches up well with them, but we will see.

If they win it all again, it will be crazy impressive. Florida is the last team to repeat and they did so because their entire core got together and decided to run it back. UConn lost a bunch of dudes and is in this position again.
Eh, they did lose their best three players from last season, however returned:

• Newton- starting PG last year also, prob first team all Big East this year
  • Clingan- Starting center this year after backing up Sanago, lots of mock drafts have him in first round, possible lottery pick
  • Dirra- I believe their sixth man, plus best defensive guard this year
Also, five star freshman Castle who is heating up, another first round pick and possible lottery pick. Add Cam Spencer, who Uconn did get lucky Timberlake from Towson chose KU over Uconn, since if he did choose the Huskies, no Spencer for them. X-Factor is 7 foot Samson Johnson, think guy was a top 40 recruit?

Uconn also didn’t lose their top two assistant head coaches after last year as well.

Look, being a MD fan I can’t stand Uconn- soo glad our path to the 02 title included a victory over them in the tourney.

However, if I had to pick a team right now to win it all, it’s Uconn and not even close.

Uconn also didn’t lose their top two assistant head coaches after last year as well.
They need to lose the bald white guy who jumps and screams at opposing players taking shots next to their bench.

Name one other assistant coach who does that.

There's competitive fire and just being a douche. Does he feel like he needs to interject and be a 6th man on D? Low confidence or just being a dick?

Luke Murray

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Deepelm
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT