ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 NFL discussion thread.

LetsGoDuke301

Apr 4, 2009
Wilmington, NC
Team
Duke
How does everyone feel about their team's offseason so far?

Where is Dez Bryant? He's a drama queen, but does nobody want him?

I am not surper impressed with the 49ers offseason. The only big name FA they picked up was Richard Sherman, and that is a gamble with his ACLs. They had kind of a head scratching draft and they didn't address their biggest weaknesses on defense. I think they may be a little overhyped, but 8-8 or 9-7 wouldn't be a horrible prediction. Which I would be fine with seeing where they were just a couple of years ago.

Still flying high off the Super Bowl win. Really looking forward to seeing if Carson comes back strong.
Rams look like they’ve had the best offseason.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Keep Pounding, OP

Funny you started this thread today. Had a really random dream the other day the Panthers were playing your Niners and we were blowing you guys out. Not making this up, either. Complete coincidence

the Bengals will not only make the playoffs, but will win a game in the playoffs

I think the Browns in discussion for best offseason. Mayfield pick could make or break that.

Might go from worst WRs/TEs to among the best with Gordon, Landry, Coleman and Njoku. Not sold on Coleman but want to see what he does with a competent QB....and he's the #3.

Nowhere to go but up, of course.

Keep Pounding, OP

Funny you started this thread today. Had a really random dream the other day the Panthers were playing your Niners and we were blowing you guys out. Not making this up, either. Complete coincidence
Definitely a dream bro. Jimmy G > Cam.

I don't really believe that (yet). The NFC is going to be tough. I don't think the top team in the AFC will be as good as the 5th best team in the NFC. I would go with the Rams, Eagles, Saints, Falcons and Vikings being better than anyone in the AFC with teams like the Panthers, Packers and 49ers being capable of making a run in the playoffs.

Still flying high off the Super Bowl win. Really looking forward to seeing if Carson comes back strong.
Rams look like they’ve had the best offseason.
Yeah. The Rams went all in for 2018. We'll see how it plays out for them. A lot of talent tends to work out better in football than it does in basketball.

Definitely a dream bro. Jimmy G > Cam.

I don't really believe that (yet). The NFC is going to be tough. I don't think the top team in the AFC will be as good as the 5th best team in the NFC. I would go with the Rams, Eagles, Saints, Falcons and Vikings being better than anyone in the AFC with teams like the Panthers, Packers and 49ers being capable of making a run in the playoffs.
Crazy how stacked the NFC is. I’d put us behind the saints, eagles, and probably Vikings for sure. But if Cam is MVP Cam, we could make a deep run. Also think the niners will have a really solid year.

Skins are getting better and deeper. A new workhouse RB and a healthy Jordan Reed will do big things if Josh Doctson continues to improve along side Crowder and Paul Richardson to stretch the D.
DL will be formidable, again assuming health.

Skins are getting better and deeper. A new workhouse RB and a healthy Jordan Reed will do big things if Josh Doctson continues to improve along side Crowder and Paul Richardson to stretch the D.
DL will be formidable, again assuming health.
I will always root for Alex Smith. Such a sefless character. And as a Duke fan, I hope Smith throws a lot of TDs to Crowder.

I hope so man. IMO we’ll have some growing pains, but I really like what we’re doing. I’m predicting 12-4.

Not a lot of growing pains if they're 12-4. That's a tough schedule. I'd say 10 or 11 wins with a chance to make the first deep playoff run in forever.

The coaching staff and front office say that Mahomes does things they've never seen before. And we saw some moments of greatness vs Denver and in preseason.

Instead of scrubs, now he'll be tossing to Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce and Watkins, and handing off to Kareem Hunt. The offensive potential is through the roof.

Defense...who knows. But if they need to win 34-31, they'll probably be able to do it.

Reactions: npreston
Keep Pounding, OP

Sounds like a weird dream

How does everyone feel about their team's offseason so far?

Where is Dez Bryant? He's a drama queen, but does nobody want him?

I am not surper impressed with the 49ers offseason. The only big name FA they picked up was Richard Sherman, and that is a gamble with his ACLs. They had kind of a head scratching draft and they didn't address their biggest weaknesses on defense. I think they may be a little overhyped, but 8-8 or 9-7 wouldn't be a horrible prediction. Which I would be fine with seeing where they were just a couple of years ago.
3-13 may be a stretch.

Mahomes is gonna feast tonight.

Arrowhead. Primetime.

Building a national fanbase one week at a time.

Mahomes is so fun to watch. Sucks for Alex Smith, but it seems like it was the correct business decision for the Chiefs. And Smith is in a decent spot in Washington.

Rams and Chiefs would be an epic Super Bowl.

Reactions: dtgold88
This guy is a beast. Best WR in the NFL right now.

741px-Adam_Thielen_vikings.jpg

Vrabel has a lot to learn. Needs to realize he is a coach and not a player.

It was a good play call and SD held the guy. After that, you’ve used your play so you have to kick it. The next play call was terrible because you used your money call already. Just dumb.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Mahomes is so fun to watch. Sucks for Alex Smith, but it seems like it was the correct business decision for the Chiefs. And Smith is in a decent spot in Washington.

Rams and Chiefs would be an epic Super Bowl.

Smith is a solid game manager type. But even after a great statistical year they didn't hesitate to move him and now everyone can see why.

Now if only the inside linebackers would figure out how to tackle.

Yes it did. Running game & the secondary are killing the Eagles now.
Good thing every other team sucks ass, still got a shot to make the playoffs.
Really thought we were dead with no chance today. Cam balled out in the fourth and the defense stepped up. I’ll be okay if we don’t have to play the eagles again in the playoffs

Reactions: dtgold88
Really thought we were dead with no chance today. Cam balled out in the fourth and the defense stepped up. I’ll be okay if we don’t have to play the eagles again in the playoffs
Needed that one first down up 3 & couldn’t get it. Horrible play calls at the end also. Inside the 20 Weintz looks for Ertz to much. The 3rd & 2 should’ve been a run play.

Two week avatar bet that it will be Kansas City vs LA Rams in the Super Bowl, 1 year avatar bet that one of those teams will be in the Super Bowl?

*added.

The two weeks will be of the winner's choice DURING college basketball season.

Two week avatar bet that it will be Kansas City vs LA Rams in the Super Bowl, 1 year avatar bet that one of those teams will be in the Super Bowl?

*added.

They're going to face off in Mexico in a few weeks.

Rams are probably the more complete team. Definitely a better D.

*added.

Picking Superbowl teams in October is ballsy.

*added.

I will bet you the Rams do not make the Super Bowl. KC I can see, not LA. NFC is too stacked and they have no playoff experience other than a loss last season

ADVERTISEMENT