ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

I thought that was my rumor? Did you scoop me on that?

For some reason I was thinking he committed already. I probably did hear that from you first. Too many transfers to sort through. Would be cool if did transfer to OU. Groves and Krutwig in the same frontcourt would be phenomenal.

You're right. Not sure why I was thinking he already committed.

But, let's spread the rumor that he has committed to OU. It will make me look better.
I’d love to see it. The more interesting teams the better. OU just picked up Goldwire, too.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I’d love to see it. The more interesting teams the better. OU just picked up Goldwire, too.

Wow! Goldwire and Harkless in the same backcourt? Offense is lacking a bit there, but two of the best perimeter defenders in the country. OU could be a very intriguing team. Really want to see Krutwig end up there, now.

Wow! Goldwire and Harkless in the same backcourt? Offense is lacking a bit there, but two of the best perimeter defenders in the country. OU could be a very intriguing team. Really want to see Krutwig end up there, now.
Goldwire became one of my favorite players ever - loved seeing a no-hype three star earn minutes through hard work and stellar defense in this era. I’ll definitely be catching some Sooner games this year.

Goldwire became one of my favorite players ever - loved seeing a no-hype three star earn minutes through hard work and stellar defense in this era. I’ll definitely be catching some Sooner games this year.
I watched games casually this year but I recall seeing him on the court and thinking he's built like a tank.

It's really hard not to like Goldwire. He worked his butt off and earned his PT. Great teammate. I think I'll be tuning into quite a few OU games, as well.

How many key players for last year's title team at Baylor were transfers? Just curious.
Half of the guys. They played an 8-man rotation, and 4 of the guys were transfers

Davion Mitchell - Auburn
MaCio Teague- UNC Asheville
Adam Flagler- Presbyterian
JTT- UNLV

Jared Butler, Mark Vital, and Matthew Meyer, and Flo Thamba haven't played at any other program.

Coastal Carolina's DeVante Jones is in the portal. This guy could definitely be a double-digit scorer for a P6 team. Sun Belt POY. 19 ppg, 7 reb, 3 ast, 3 stl, 49% fg, 37% 3-pt, 86% ft. He should see plenty of offers.

Georgia's Sahvir Wheeler is also in the portal. 14 ppg and 7.4 assists. But, he's a high-volume shooter, and he turns the ball over a lot. Needs a diminished role on a better team, IMO. If not, might need to go to a team in the AAC or MWC.

Coastal Carolina's DeVante Jones is in the portal. This guy could definitely be a double-digit scorer for a P6 team. Sun Belt POY. 19 ppg, 7 reb, 3 ast, 3 stl, 49% fg, 37% 3-pt, 86% ft. He should see plenty of offers.

Georgia's Sahvir Wheeler is also in the portal. 14 ppg and 7.4 assists. But, he's a high-volume shooter, and he turns the ball over a lot. Needs a diminished role on a better team, IMO. If not, might need to go to a team in the AAC or MWC.
Really disappointed to see Wheeler leave Georgia. They already lost Camera as well. I said when they were freshmen that they were gonna be a really good team when those guys were juniors and seniors. Now we'll never know.

MSU is low on wings and I’m only seeing bigs or guards enter the portal. Currently for next year we have Gabe Brown and 2 freshman on the wings, that’s it.

MSU is low on wings and I’m only seeing bigs or guards enter the portal. Currently for next year we have Gabe Brown and 2 freshman on the wings, that’s it.

Aaron Henry might come back though, right?

Here are a few notable wings still uncommitted:

Marco Anthony, Utah State
Cam'Ron Fletcher, Kentucky
Jalen Coleman-Lands, Iowa State
Nathanael Jack, Florida State
Musa Jallow, Ohio State
Jalen Johnson, Wake Forest
Darryl Morsell, Maryland
Bryce Thompson, Kansas
Alondes Williams, Oklahoma
Tre Williams, Minnesota

Musa Jallow and Alondes Williams are crazy athletic. Would be fun wings to have on the team, IMO. Darryl Morsell might be the best available wing. Bryce Thompson and Cam'Ron Fletcher might have the potential to have good collegiate careers. Jury is still out on them.

Musa Jallow, Ohio State
Darryl Morsell, Maryland
Bryce Thompson, Kansas
Tre Williams, Minnesota

Musa Jallow and Alondes Williams are crazy athletic. Would be fun wings to have on the team, IMO. Darryl Morsell might be the best available wing. Bryce Thompson and Cam'Ron Fletcher might have the potential to have good collegiate careers. Jury is still out on them.

Coleman-Lands trying to give Charlie Moore a run for his money.

I always wondered why Duke ever lost game with the so called advantage they supposedly have.

First year in a long time that Duke's opponents shot more FTs than they did. Duke couldn't even make the tourney.

Coleman-Lands trying to give Charlie Moore a run for his money.

lol yup. 2 years at Iowa State; 3 years at DePaul; 1 year at Iowa State. Somehow he still has eligibility. He could be another guy to play in 4 power conferences. And they both played at DePaul lol.

Musa Jallow, Ohio State
Darryl Morsell, Maryland
Bryce Thompson, Kansas
Tre Williams, Minnesota

We recruited both Thompson and Fletcher out of highschool, but both have been fairly disappointing. If they’re fine with a limited role I’m sure they’re a take. Morsell would be the best get for us but I’m not sure we have contact. I’d like to get a guy like Lands or Anthony. Instant impact that we can depend on.

Henry is gone. Everyone knew this was his last year around the program, he’s gone gone.

MSU hadn’t had a transfer since 2015-2016 and currently have 3 (4 if you count Jack Hoiberg) this offseason. Rocket is the only one I think we’ll potentially miss, but Foster Loyer and Thomas Kithier transferring are negligible. They would both be 3rd stringers as seniors.

Kithier committed to Valpo, Hoiberg is going to UT-Arlington on Scholarship, and the other 2 are uncommitted.

This transfer thing is depressing. And now there are rumblings that Mark Williams might enter the draft. I'm going to be massively disappointed if Williams leaves.

I think Williams should at least enter and get feedback. He's a beast but it would not surprise me if he got a first round draft grade.

I predicted (in my mind) this Coleman transfer when he committed to Duke lol. I could see him going to VT. He's a really good kid but he's undersized at the 4 and was never going to get meaningful minutes at Duke. Can't blame him for wanting more playing time.

This transfer thing is depressing. And now there are rumblings that Mark Williams might enter the draft. I'm going to be massively disappointed if Williams leaves.

naw, it's amazing. Dictators like Coach K can no longer smooth talk high school kids and then treat them like crap once they get to Duke knowing that they aren't going to transfer and sit out a year. Now he's gonna start paying for being a two faced dick.

• Haha
Reactions: 829305 and cdbearde
naw, it's amazing. Dictators like Coach K can no longer smooth talk high school kids and then treat them like crap once they get to Duke knowing that they aren't going to transfer and sit out a year. Now he's gonna start paying for being a two faced dick.

giphy-gif.249811

Your antipathy towards K is amusing. I mean, yes, he certainly can be ruthless and harsh. But, most guys don't transfer because the coach hurt their feelings. They transfer simply due to a lack of playing time.

It is kind of funny when you hear K yell at one of his players on the bench - something like, "Man the f*** up! Don't be a fu**ing p**sy!!" That sort of motivational speech is inspiring.

ADVERTISEMENT