ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

If we can land him and Kalscheur and Robbins come back, our starting defense could be really good. Offense can't really get too much worse. 😁

Luke Loewe (2-time All defense)
Gabe Kalscheur
Jamison Battle
Race Thompson
Liam Robbins
The anti Iowa. I'll have to set it up where I bet the unders in all your games.

I guess we will see. Never a bad thing to get an All American back.

Of course that’s always preferred but were people really nervous he’d leave? It’d be different if he was a sure fire 1st round guy.

Of course that’s always preferred but were people really nervous he’d leave? It’d be different if he was a sure fire 1st round guy.
Your assessment of his talent level is on point, but we’ve all seen much lesser talents declare, hire an agent, and then not get drafted.

tenor.gif
Love that gif.

The fact that he might have been a second rd pick can't diminish the impact of him returning. Hopefully this helps pull Franklin back into the fold.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
Sophomore Curbelo and Miller would have been the best backcourt in the Big Ten.

Losing Miller is a huge loss (on paper, it sounds like), but we’ll still have a pretty good back court. It’s the front court I’m quite worried about, assuming Kofi leaves. If Kofi surprised and came back, I think we’d be near the top of the Big Ten again considering how well we played without Ayo and how much better Curbelo got.

Will be really interesting to see what every team’s starting 5 ends up actually looking like, so many unknowns lol.

Losing Miller is a huge loss (on paper, it sounds like), but we’ll still have a pretty good back court. It’s the front court I’m quite worried about, assuming Kofi leaves. If Kofi surprised and came back, I think we’d be near the top of the Big Ten again considering how well we played without Ayo and how much better Curbelo got.

Will be really interesting to see what every team’s starting 5 ends up actually looking like, so many unknowns lol.
I’m in the Miller is completely replaceable camp. He was an undersized 3 and d SF that shot under 35% from 3. I’m sure he’ll end up a good player, but he played the 3rd most minutes and had the 9th highest win share. Until he learns to dribble, he’s limited. Reminds me a lot of Mark Smith in so many ways. Again, I’d rather have not lost him because he’s a piece and a Chicago guy, but I was over it in less than 10 minutes.

Reactions: RutgHoops

What’s your back court

Is that it so far
Not really.

Austin Hutcherson, Jacob Grandison, Andre Curbelo, Luke Goode, RJ Melendez. Decent chances at TyTy Washington, Armaan Franklin, Brandin Podziemski, Jordan Nesbitt, and a few others. Hutcherson is the guy that I think many will be surprised by (if he can stay healthy). He can stroke it and has a 40"+ vert at 6'6. We'll see.

Rumors that DJ Steward reached out, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Some rumors both Eli brooks and chaundee brown will return, lineup would probably go

pg-brooks
Sg-brown
Sf-Caleb Houstan
Pf-johns
C-duckisnon

Lots of talent and experience but I worry about the creation ability of this group.
Nope i see it for as:

PG: Collins, Jackson
2G: Brooks, Bufkin
Wing: Brown, Houstan, Barnes
Forward: Johns Diabete, Williams
C: Dickinson, Johns, Diabete.

Brown is not a guard. Needs to be off the ball and shoot. Strength used on opposing 3s.

Wow. Great day for all Terp fans. Congrats @bMORE607

As long as it's this with the buyout not going up.

@Noahtogo24 sounds like Turge is getting a 3 year extension, BUT no additional buyout so after next year it's apparently down to $3 million. Sounds like he is getting the extension so it quells the noise that he wants to leave which should help with recruiting, but it kind of a prove it year next year.
@jwardelt were close to that lifetime contract (my lifetime that is since I'm going to drink myself to death)

It prob isnt. This seems similar to the Harbaugh extension in many ways. If it works out or program gets its act together then great. If not, either side can part ways without stupid money involved.
That’s what it sounded like yesterday when the news leaked. Kind of a prove it year.

Drew Valentine taking over at Loyola Chicago. If he works out there he’s a clear candidate for when Izzo retires.

Reactions: RichieRebel
Just because his brother played for Izzo? That seems like an odd way to pick a coach.
He was an assistant and he went to MSU. He’s had a nice career since, going from Oakland to Loyola as an assistant and is now their head coach. He’s super young too, which is always nice, and apparently really popular with his former players.

I want him or Dwayne Stephens when Izzo leaves.

Reactions: sgrooms
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT